Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is Carl Frampton "Fighter of the Year" so far in 2016?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Is Carl Frampton "Fighter of the Year" so far in 2016?

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    The difference is a.) Hearn knows what he's doing. And b.) Hearn doesn't have just one cash cow that he milks the whole family on! Him as Manager, one son as promoter, another son as trainer (who I think is worth his money btw.) renting the Gym in Mcguigan's basement, he probably charges Frampton for meals so his missus has a little earner out of it as well.
    Frampton goes out there and gets his face punched in, and the Mcguigan's probably take more of the cake!
    No way. Carl is like a second son to Barry and he knows how it feels to be shafted as he was by his manager so he would never do that.
    I think you mean a 3rd son? The other two are managing and promoting him and taking a piece of the pie.
    I must say after seeing Barry blubbering after the fight, I did feel a tiny bit guilty, but I still believe he puts his own interest first.
    What a load of complete and utter bollocks! Boxing is a mans game, and if grown men cant work out what manager/promoter/trainer to go with, to make the most monetary gain, then that is their lesson to learn, the hard way. To make the Hearn clan out as some kind of pseudo social workers helping out fighters, and everybody else as exploiters is fucking ridiculous, grow up.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is a weird little exchange. Also... isn't complete AND utter bollocks a bit redundant? I've wondered this before, it always sounds weird. It shouldn't be anyones concern what a fighters financial situation is aside from how it may affect the fights that get made. Frampton has had a great year, landing and winning two mega fights, whether he's been paid what he's brought in relative to others isn't exactly worth moaning about if he's happy, surely?

As an aside, I've been listening to some Hearn interviews lately and he's a sharp and reasonably genuine dude, at least at face value. I feel like if I were a fighter he'd be a lot easier to work something out with than most promoters.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by nuggetdotcom View Post
    The difference is a.) Hearn knows what he's doing. And b.) Hearn doesn't have just one cash cow that he milks the whole family on! Him as Manager, one son as promoter, another son as trainer (who I think is worth his money btw.) renting the Gym in Mcguigan's basement, he probably charges Frampton for meals so his missus has a little earner out of it as well.
    Frampton goes out there and gets his face punched in, and the Mcguigan's probably take more of the cake!
    No way. Carl is like a second son to Barry and he knows how it feels to be shafted as he was by his manager so he would never do that.
    I think you mean a 3rd son? The other two are managing and promoting him and taking a piece of the pie.
    I must say after seeing Barry blubbering after the fight, I did feel a tiny bit guilty, but I still believe he puts his own interest first.
    What a load of complete and utter bollocks! Boxing is a mans game, and if grown men cant work out what manager/promoter/trainer to go with, to make the most monetary gain, then that is their lesson to learn, the hard way. To make the Hearn clan out as some kind of pseudo social workers helping out fighters, and everybody else as exploiters is fucking ridiculous, grow up.
    Easy Tiger, who made Hearn out to be some Pseudo Social Worker? I can assure you I've called Hearn a cunt on many occasions, Infact I think I even titled a Thread once with those very same words.
    Every Successful Promoter ever would've been seen in that light at some point of their careers, it's part of the job spec.
    All I Said if you read above was that he knows what he's doing. And it is an undisputable FACT that he gets his guys more money than anybody else does, certainly in Britain. A perfect example of this is that Frampton's best ever payday was on a Matchroom bill.
    it is pure business logic and mathematics that he doesn't take as much off each fighter because he has more of them to take it off. With McGuigan and Eubank Sr. for example , they're taking more off their one cash cow.
    It's easy to say that "they're Man enough to sort out who promotes and manages them", but sometimes these guys are boxers, not Businessmen and they are tied either contractually or emotionally even.
    hope that clears things up and you realize who is "Fuckin Ridiculous" and who is talking "Complete and utter bollocks"! hope you have a nice day.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Easy Tiger, who made Hearn out to be some Pseudo Social Worker? I can assure you I've called Hearn a cunt on many occasions, Infact I think I even titled a Thread once with those very same words.
    Every Successful Promoter ever would've been seen in that light at some point of their careers, it's part of the job spec.
    All I Said if you read above was that he knows what he's doing. And it is an undisputable FACT that he gets his guys more money than anybody else does, certainly in Britain. A perfect example of this is that Frampton's best ever payday was on a Matchroom bill.
    it is pure business logic and mathematics that he doesn't take as much off each fighter because he has more of them to take it off. With McGuigan and Eubank Sr. for example , they're taking more off their one cash cow.
    It's easy to say that "they're Man enough to sort out who promotes and manages them", but sometimes these guys are boxers, not Businessmen and they are tied either contractually or emotionally even.
    hope that clears things up and you realize who is "Fuckin Ridiculous" and who is talking "Complete and utter bollocks"! hope you have a nice day.
    Feeling a bit defensive towards the McGuigans, my daughters boss is Barrys brother, not involved in boxing. As for mathematics one and one will always equal two, whatever the bullshit, the sooner they have open books accounting so everybody knows what incomes/costs and margins are, the better. Bullshit and numbers don't mix, as you saw from the Jeunior/GGG debacle.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Feeling a bit defensive towards the McGuigans, my daughters boss is Barrys brother, not involved in boxing. As for mathematics one and one will always equal two, whatever the bullshit, the sooner they have open books accounting so everybody knows what incomes/costs and margins are, the better. Bullshit and numbers don't mix, as you saw from the Jeunior/GGG debacle.
    Fair play, I understand you defending them if you have a connection, that's fair enough mate. Your open book accounting idea is spot on , if only that could work . I fear the Sharks would nip it in the bud though.

Thread Information