Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Chris Eubank Jr-Tommy Langford - 22 Oct

Regarding the money - I don't see the big deal with whatever Eubank turns down if they don't think he's ready. He's only 26, still fighting at British title level yet talked about among the elite (yes I know they give it the big'un but deep down this GGG palaver maybe showed what they really think).

If the old man was on a money grab he wouldn't be turning down these 7-figure paydays. It's also the oldest trick in the book to call out everyone yet fight "no-one."

Personally I think the old man is nuts and doesn't know what he's doing, but just maybe he does. Jr is not going to lose at this level, the more wins he stacks up the more impressive he looks and the big fights are there for him when they choose, purely on name recognition alone.
    Last edited by Fenster; 08-29-2016 at 10:59 PM.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If I was in charge of Junior it would be euro title next, keep on keeping his name out there and slowly move him up in class, knocking ten bells out of everyone on the way, build and build the name until he is the main draw at world level. Why fight BJS for 20% when you are the main draw leave it to simmer let Saunders loose to GGG then beat him better, let Canelo and GGG fight, then go and clean up the mess. No need to rush Juniors still got to put the polish on the skills that he has in abundance.

Mentioned
    1671 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dean Duke View Post
    If I was in charge of Junior it would be euro title next, keep on keeping his name out there and slowly move him up in class, knocking ten bells out of everyone on the way, build and build the name until he is the main draw at world level. Why fight BJS for 20% when you are the main draw leave it to simmer let Saunders loose to GGG then beat him better, let Canelo and GGG fight, then go and clean up the mess. No need to rush Juniors still got to put the polish on the skills that he has in abundance.
    I think BJS is next for Canelo.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Daddy is calling it seems very foolish indeed calling GGG out and then having a diva moment,! and turning the fight down.
    I used to laugh at there comedy double act at first, now they are making themselves look foolish.
    Jr is a talented fighter but Sr seems to be reliving his career through his son, they are making themselves look stupid and will loose there credibility with the fans.
    Langford fight really is a joke I for one shall not be interested in this fight, shall I remain a fan of Jr I don't really know maybe not.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dia bando View Post
    Daddy is calling it seems very foolish indeed calling GGG out and then having a diva moment,! and turning the fight down.
    I used to laugh at there comedy double act at first, now they are making themselves look foolish.
    Jr is a talented fighter but Sr seems to be reliving his career through his son, they are making themselves look stupid and will loose there credibility with the fans.
    Langford fight really is a joke I for one shall not be interested in this fight, shall I remain a fan of Jr I don't really know maybe not.

you could argue all day weather they are doing it right or wrong but I think they are just trying to build him up in a way that he will eventually make the most amount of money
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post

you could argue all day weather they are doing it right or wrong but I think they are just trying to build him up in a way that he will eventually make the most amount of money
    Ok, you're right , you could argue all day long about what's right for him and not, but let's put it another way and put it into perspective.
    Somebody offers YOU a job and says you could earn a million NOW. You turn it down and accept £110k and think you'll work your way up and you're confident you can do that.
    So you do that job, and then another one for similar money, then Somebody offers you a job for £3 Million plus , and you're confident you can work your way up and over the years earn more. So you turn it down and take another job for £100k.
    Bear in mind, all the time you are telling anyone who cares to listen that you're the best in the World at your job and you would piss the £3 million job!!!
    Is that how YOU would play that scenario?
    Not sure I would.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post

Ok, you're right , you could argue all day long about what's right for him and not, but let's put it another way and put it into perspective.
    Somebody offers YOU a job and says you could earn a million NOW. You turn it down and accept £110k and think you'll work your way up and you're confident you can do that.
    So you do that job, and then another one for similar money, then Somebody offers you a job for £3 Million plus , and you're confident you can work your way up and over the years earn more. So you turn it down and take another job for £100k.
    Bear in mind, all the time you are telling anyone who cares to listen that you're the best in the World at your job and you would piss the £3 million job!!!
    Not sure I would.

yeah sounds strange I know

I personally would take the bag of sweets now even if it meant my career was over

they are obviously very confident that by turning it down now they can get the same bag of sweets and more in the future

another way of thinking is, they have money, why risk the health of JR any more than they need to

or perhaps staying relevant is worth more than the money

after all a smashing by GGG inside a round and his whole career is over

?
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post

Not sure I would.

yeah sounds strange I know

I personally would take the bag of sweets now even if it meant my career was over

they are obviously very confident that by turning it down now they can get the same bag of sweets and more in the future

another way of thinking is, they have money, why risk the health of JR any more than they need to

or perhaps staying relevant is worth more than the money

after all a smashing by GGG inside a round and his whole career is over

?
    In order to get that money back, sooner or later he's gonna have to take that smashing by GGG. Where else will he earn that money, not even against BJS.
    And if his health is more important and if he's gonna get a beating , then why shout his mouth off all the time about what he is going to and not going to do against GGG.
    And please, nobody come on hear saying "yeah, but that's Boxing!" That ain't fucking Boxing, that's BULLSHIT, pure and simple. And if people are mug enough to accept that, more fool them.
    What is the Cunt? 27 years old? He's in his peak years, forget about this potential bollocks!

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fight oft, Jr injured

Warren has released a statement saying Jr and Sr are unprofessional and unpredictable

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Statement from Jr's camp

Chris Eubank Jnr suffered a severe injury sparring against a 14 stone opponent two days ago. The injury was assessed and confirmed by a Doctor on Friday 16th September, who works with the British Boxing Board of Control. The unforeseeable future puts us in a position where we have to allow the remaining contenders the ability to earn a living and, more importantly, prevent the promoter incurring any further costs before a press conference takes place as they had reminded the Eubank Management team that this was the highest purse bid they had secured.

Eubank Jnr’s management team have advised that, in their opinion, there has not been a fighter in the history of British Boxing who has had such a vast chasm of fighting prowess between him and the contenders for the British Championship in ability, speed, strength, accuracy and skill since its inauguration by the Marquess of Queensbury in the 1800’s.

So vast, in fact, that when winning the challenge for British Championship, Chris Eubank Snr had to advise him to leave his opponent’s head alone as he was taking far too much punishment and the referee didn't see what was clear to the former world champion.

Chris Eubank Jnr was advised to go to the body because of his father’s past participation in the great game. If you can disrupt your opponent’s breathing, you can effectively stop him quicker than to the head. There is strategic and tactical knowledge in the advice as well as compassion because the body can recover where the head does not always recover.

The opponent was subsequently put into an induced coma as a result of the punishment he was made to sustain.

It is now with relief, as it has become clear to Chris Eubank Jnr’s management over these past few months how much danger the health and lives of these contenders are in, therefore the relinquishing of the British Championship due to injury sustained in a sparring session is perhaps a blessing in disguise.

The severe injury to Chris Jnr’s elbow follows an ongoing injury which has been a recurring issue for the last 18 months. This allows Chris Eubank Jnr, and his management, the opportunity to relinquish the title which provides all contenders the right to earn a living and fight amongst their equal calibre of competitors.

As much as we love the tradition of the British Championship we will be forward thinking and be protective of our competition as the risk to them is real. This is seen as a positive move forward in Chris Eubank Jnr’s career.

The former world champion, Chris Eubank Snr has hospitalised men and has himself been hospitalised, and is therefore cognisant of what those outside of the ring are not.

Chris Eubank Jnr’s management team will use the injury as an opportunity to step aside and fight high calibre world competition in the coming future. Details of a press conference will follow.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Frank Warrens statement

Due to the fact we are hours away from one of our fighters appearing in a major international event at one of America's biggest football stadiums, further developments will have to wait until Monday when we will be speaking to the BBBC.

Thereafter we will make a formal statement regarding the situation and subsequently regarding the event.

Although we are disappointed by the Eubank statement, we are not surprised, as the public know full well for themselves, they make a habit of talking up fights but not following through.

They are also incredibly unpredictable, unprofessional and very difficult to work with.

We are extremely disappointed for the fans who have booked tickets, coaches and hotels. Actions such as this are totally disrespectful to the sport and the fans.

We feel most for Tommy, who has been waiting patiently for his shot at the Lonsdale belt.

The event will be still take place on 22nd October in Cardiff and the changes that will have to be made because of this will be disclosed when we are able to do so.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So Jr is pleased to have been injured as it protects the challengers for the belt, what an absolute cunt that statement makes him out to be.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

has eubank jr been lined up for golovkins next opponent ?

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

First thing that I thought, especially with the 'sparring against a 14stone opponent'

Still a real cuntish statement though, full of arrogance, self importance and not a single appologie in sight to the people who have paid for tickets and hotels etc

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That statement sounds like it was written by Eubank Sr. I have no idea if Langford was any good(likely not) but why take those fights in the first place if that's your attitude at this stage.

Thread Information