Quote Originally Posted by palmerq View Post
Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
Quote Originally Posted by palmerq View Post
Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
I knew Walters once but man he is emphatic about 'opting out'. Not sure I've ever watched a guy so certain and confident about staying on his stool. Very underwhelming.Loma calls out Vargas. you'd save time throwing a side of beef into a wood chipper.
well to be fair he was asked who he wants next and it seems like he really didnt know so unlike the rest who say they let the promoters deal with that he gave an actual answer/the first guy who could think of :S... I want loma to take on salido first and then vargas, hey let him beat the other champs.I am suspecting walters is locked in a backstage war with hbo, first his missing weight by a fair bit then the strange draw and now his strange post fight comments S: I suspect walters wanted to stick it to hbo here :S
But at the cost of his reputation and pride?I'm reading he quit and blamed it on ring rust due to HBO and his promoter.Crazy.
oh yeah he definently quit no doubt about it but it wasnt a full on beating, so i think there is something else going on here, walters post fight comments seemed rather odd... maybe i was incorrect and he really isn't commited to the sport anymore
It seemed that way in the Sosa fight also. The whole 'draw' thing and how it was almost swept away by hbo and crew. I really do think someone, higher ups or deal makers, were intentionally putting the screws to Walters and trying to knock some of his shine off. In the lead up and weigh in he just lacked fire and when asked about fight night in last interview he never once said..I'm going to win. He said we'll see what happens and just watch tomorrow night. Not to discredit Loma and if he shook prior to the bell Walters then even more credit to him. Wouldn't be surprised if walters was smoked out in more than one way either