Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Stupid Fights that did not happen

Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Arum says he wants to match Pacquiao and Lonachenko next, add that to the list
    I may have spoken too soon on this joke because Manny has come out and said he is open to this fight, pathetic.
    whats wrong with that fight?
    Not sure If serious, I have to assume no because the fight is preposterous

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Some don't see it as stupid but have to include a shop worn retirement talking Cotto vs two years out Marquez. Big names don't always mean good fights.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Roach wants Pacquiao to fight Canelo....what do we think of that fight?
    I've always said this was the fight for Manny. I would've matched Manny with Danny Garcia followed by Canelo and then retire instead of fighting Floyd. Stylistically he matches up well with the first two and I just don't see Floyd losing to Manny. If Manny beats Bradley, Garcia, and Canelo in his final three fights he goes out as a top 15 ATG in my opinion.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If this was Manny of 5 or 6 years ago I'd say go for it, but I don't think he wants CAnelo at 154 these days. Obviously the footspeed advantage would still be tremendous, but could he stay off the ropes all night? I doubt it.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I want people to fight in their own divisions. This yo-yo in weight stuff is a major problem. Why would anyone fight the hard fights in their division if there is even a chance they can get the payday against the Star 3 division up or 3 divisions down? The sport has become a circus act. And it doesn't just effect the clowns. The guys that set up the tents know if they hang around they just might get sent out to perform. So everyone does nothing in their divisions so not to risk the opportunity outside their division.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I want people to fight in their own divisions. This yo-yo in weight stuff is a major problem. Why would anyone fight the hard fights in their division if there is even a chance they can get the payday against the Star 3 division up or 3 divisions down? The sport has become a circus act. And it doesn't just effect the clowns. The guys that set up the tents know if they hang around they just might get sent out to perform. So everyone does nothing in their divisions so not to risk the opportunity outside their division.
    I agree but aren't you the person that is always angry at GGG for not fighting above his weight class?

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    I agree but aren't you the person that is always angry at GGG for not fighting above his weight class?
    No. I am angry at GGG because he's been picking and choosing who he will fight. He would go to 154 to fight a WW but not to fight a Jr MW.(Mayweather/Canelo) He would go to 168 for Steiglitz, Chavez, Froch, but not for Ward. Pick and choose, pick and choose. Even now it's all about Canelo, which means absolutely nothing for 160. His best opponent is a WW for F sake. He fought a WW!

If he looked at MW the whole time I would have no problems with GGG other than thinking he is too good for this crap division.

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    No. I am angry at GGG because he's been picking and choosing who he will fight. He would go to 154 to fight a WW but not to fight a Jr MW.(Mayweather/Canelo) He would go to 168 for Steiglitz, Chavez, Froch, but not for Ward. Pick and choose, pick and choose. Even now it's all about Canelo, which means absolutely nothing for 160. His best opponent is a WW for F sake. He fought a WW!

If he looked at MW the whole time I would have no problems with GGG other than thinking he is too good for this crap division.
    GGG best opponent was not a welterweight.

The only reason he would fight Canelo and Floyd is the money they bring.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Thread Information