Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  22
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Luis Ortiz, Stephen Smith, Jamie McDonnell and Martin Murray all fight in Monte Carlo

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Luis Ortiz, Stephen Smith, Jamie McDonnell and Martin Murray all fight in Monte C

Ha! I looked at this thread title and I thought "that's interesting, @ross is posting about someone other than the Fury's and Eubank Jr. , I'll have to look at that." WRONG!

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Luis Ortiz, Stephen Smith, Jamie McDonnell and Martin Murray all fight in Monte C

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Ha! I looked at this thread title and I thought "that's interesting, @ross is posting about someone other than the Fury's and Eubank Jr. , I'll have to look at that." WRONG!
    And what a surprise heres my biggest fan following in my shadow

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    And what a surprise heres my biggest fan following in my shadow
    Just relieved you haven't topped yourself. Fair play, you mustn't have had a wank in ages since you ripped Tyson's posters off your wall.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Crazy as it sounds feels like Ortiz peaked in Jennings fight Or does he just need someone to fight back? Still cannot cut down a ring and that power jab is so absent. Showing no adaptability or punching imagination here.By no means is Scott on the cards, but sadly he'll get the phone calls off this garbage and more big opportunities.I need a bleach bath!
    Never underestimate how hard it can be to stop a fighter who is in survival mode.Tito KOd a prime joppy like nothing as Joppy was trying to win n taking chances.Bernard went the full 12 beating on Joppy who was absolutely determined to just survive.Ortiz should have finished Scott, but I'm not jumping off the Ortiz bandwagon just yet. I'm also on the Joshua bandwagon lol

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    Crazy as it sounds feels like Ortiz peaked in Jennings fight Or does he just need someone to fight back? Still cannot cut down a ring and that power jab is so absent. Showing no adaptability or punching imagination here.By no means is Scott on the cards, but sadly he'll get the phone calls off this garbage and more big opportunities.I need a bleach bath!
    Never underestimate how hard it can be to stop a fighter who is in survival mode.Tito KOd a prime joppy like nothing as Joppy was trying to win n taking chances.Bernard went the full 12 beating on Joppy who was absolutely determined to just survive.Ortiz should have finished Scott, but I'm not jumping off the Ortiz bandwagon just yet. I'm also on the Joshua bandwagon lol
    I'm not sure if it's just that, as Scott was beyond being in survival mode. He didn't want to be there and basically wanted out every time he did get hit, which just wasn't flush very often. Joppy still took enough good shots for Hopkins and had some grit, bad a fight as that was.

What I'm not sure of is if there is a HW currently who could fight that negatively while still being able to mount enough offence, but to me Ortiz did look a bit slower than he has and really didn't show any variety. No doubt he's still going to be very dangerous if guys try and take the fight to him.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    I'm not sure if it's just that, as Scott was beyond being in survival mode. He didn't want to be there and basically wanted out every time he did get hit, which just wasn't flush very often. Joppy still took enough good shots for Hopkins and had some grit, bad a fight as that was. What I'm not sure of is if there is a HW currently who could fight that negatively while still being able to mount enough offence, but to me Ortiz did look a bit slower than he has and really didn't show any variety. No doubt he's still going to be very dangerous if guys try and take the fight to him.
    I too felt that at first Scott wanted out.However, he had several chances to just be counted out n he kept getting up. I think he was torn between not wanting to get hurt and not wanting to look like a coward/quitter again after that Wilder debacle.No doubt Ortiz is still a tank and force of nature to try to collide with.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He in fact should have been counted out. The first time Scott went down he was on the canvas for well over 10 seconds despite not seeming that hurt. He did more or less the same thing against Chisora, although he was counted out a bit quickly in that one, he could have gotten up much sooner. I agree after the knockdowns he seemed to mentally get a little bit back into it, but was that because he found some bottle or because he realized that he could survive doing fuck all? He makes Bruce Seldon look like Joe Frazier whichever the case, the way he came out early last night was as big a display of cowardice as you should ever see in a prizefight.

Thread Information