Thread: BT Sport deal could help Frank Warren poach rival Matchroom fighters

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    392 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default BT Sport deal could help Frank Warren poach rival Matchroom fighters

It seems Mr Warren has got into bed with BT sport's how do you think this will pan out.
    It seems this gives Boxnation the ability to do PPV.
    Frank once the darling of SKY sports now a bed fellow with BT sport's.
    I can see he may attract better fighters to his stable, now he has a bigger platform on show.
    For the fans more bloody PPVs old Frank bouncing back interesting times ahead.

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default re: BT Sport deal could help Frank Warren poach rival Matchroom fighters

so Frank will do ppv on boxnation? what a cunt, that is not what we need.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default re: BT Sport deal could help Frank Warren poach rival Matchroom fighters

Eddie Hearn and Sky will be shitting themselves. Competition has to be good surely. BT Virtually taken Football off Sky and Rugby. Make no mistake, they can do the same with Boxing, and that is what they'll be aiming to do .
    Warren has got his haters and people are saying it'll be more PPV, but I actually think it'll mean there will have to be more quality for PPV.
    You can't get no worse than Bellew v Cleverley as a PPV after all said and done.

Mentioned
    392 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Eddie Hearn and Sky will be shitting themselves. Competition has to be good surely. BT Virtually taken Football off Sky and Rugby. Make no mistake, they can do the same with Boxing, and that is what they'll be aiming to do .
    Warren has got his haters and people are saying it'll be more PPV, but I actually think it'll mean there will have to be more quality for PPV.
    You can't get no worse than Bellew v Cleverley as a PPV after all said and done.
    Warren for many years was king will he regain his crown.!
    BT seems to have played a blinder I like boxnation but the facts are there fighters only have a small following, BT can now make them house hold names.
    Hearn v Warren who will jump ship BT or SKY hopefully quality over quantity fingers crossed.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default BT Sport deal could help Frank Warren poach rival Matchroom fighters

This is good news especially as im a BT TV customer

Frank Warren said: "It's the biggest deal ever in British boxing. "BT have great vision, you only have to see how they have attacked sport in recent years.
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/boxing...oxings-9256561

BT deal could help Frank Warren poach rival Matchroom fighters
    Last edited by smashup; 11-15-2016 at 01:17 AM.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: BT Sport deal could help Frank Warren poach rival Matchroom fighters

Liking the news that i will now get Boxnation free as part of my BT package just need to wait and see if the price increases in January now
    Hope not but BT did up the price after they paid shitloads out for Premiership/Champions League football rights.

I think it's Warrens son in this press conference below too so it seems he wants to go head to head with the Hearns (Matchroom)

Can he with a relatively weak stable of fighters in comparison to Matchroom?

Mentioned
    392 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    Liking the news that i will now get Boxnation free as part of my BT package just need to wait and see if the price increases in January now
    Hope not but BT did up the price after they paid shitloads out for Premiership/Champions League football rights.

I think it's Warrens son in this press conference below too so it seems he wants to go head to head with the Hearns (Matchroom)

Can he with a relatively weak stable of fighters in comparison to Matchroom?

I agree a weak stable at the moment but with. BT onboard he may even raid Hearns stable.
    Wonder what fights they have planned for next year there are no fly's on old Frank LOL.

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: BT Sport deal could help Frank Warren poach rival Matchroom fighters

Who do I hate more Warren or Hearn?

I got BT sports too so have to say Hearn.

Mentioned
    392 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Who do I hate more Warren or Hearn?

I got BT sports too so have to say Hearn.
    Thing is if we want decent fights and watch them subscription TV seems the only way.
    I am afraid gone are the days of super fights on none subscription TV it's a fact we have to face and PPVs on top money is King.
    I look forward to Warren improveing his stable Frank was the man he controlled British boxing for decades till Hearn came on to SKY now two large companies in competition will us fans benefit from this I don't really no we will have to wait and see.!
    Last edited by Dia bando; 11-15-2016 at 07:45 PM.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    so Frank will do ppv on boxnation? what a cunt, that is not what we need.
    Nice quote

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Am I right in thinking that Boxnation were going to make the Fury v Klit fight PPV

In that if you pay your monthly subscription then you get the fight as normal but you could also pay a one off fee to watch it if you didn't subscribe (because I believe there is an activation fee when you first subscribe along with the £12 a month

I don't think that their PPV's would affect existing subscribers anyways

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    Am I right in thinking that Boxnation were going to make the Fury v Klit fight PPV

In that if you pay your monthly subscription then you get the fight as normal but you could also pay a one off fee to watch it if you didn't subscribe (because I believe there is an activation fee when you first subscribe along with the £12 a month

I don't think that their PPV's would affect existing subscribers anyways
    I think the fight was due to be PPV but I do not know why it should be if BT pay them a fat fee and we subscribe to their channel.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Can only be good for boxing. Boxnation cards be shite so will need to be a lot better to get on BT Sports. Matchroom cards been pretty crap full of mismatches too. Might make them face tougher opposition. 30 UK cards for 2017 is great news though and with Warren having some good irish fighters hopefully we get a few more cards over here.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Basically if (like me) your a BT TV customer and pay for BT Sports you will get a "minimum" 20 of the 30 fights they will show per year, you'll get all the 24/7 shows like Bunces Boxing hour etc, i think you have to sign up for a separate Boxnation fee to see the other fights and the PPV fights - that is the thing that's gonna piss people off, and its still pretty unclear if that is the case.

Warrens not gonna just give BT the full rights to show all of Boxnations broadcasts on their sports channels as nobody will need to renew the Boxnation subscription which will kill it dead.
    Can only be good for Boxing in the fact that Boxnation/BT will be trying to outdo Matchroom and vice versa as a lot of their shows will surely clash on Saturday nights so they'll both have to up their quality of events!
    Warren has already said he'll look at fighters (Obviously Matchroom ones) who are unhappy and he now has massive bargaining power to tempt them into jumping ship.

Warrens always got a trick up his sleeve so this is gonna be interesting come the start of 2017 to see what kind of first event He/BT can deliver.
    Let's be honest here it's surely gotta involve a World Title Fight as they have to kick off with a bang and hit the ground running.

Exciting times i think (hope)
    Last edited by smashup; 11-17-2016 at 04:33 AM.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Maybe a few years back I'd agree but with Match room and Sky so so dominant and successful at the moment, who would leave?

BJS is carrying BN atm imho, they take shots at Match room fighters constantly, while I never hear a thing about them from anyone over at MR.

I dnt care. I dnt have BtSports and this won't make me get it.
    You say tomato,
    ‘n I say …… it correctly.

Thread Information