Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  46
Dislikes Dislikes:  1

Poll: What will his legacy be?

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: What will Clinch-ko's legacy be?

Share/Bookmark
    El Kabong Guest

Default Re: What will Clinch-ko's legacy be?

Quote Originally Posted by vidgil View Post
    While they do know the rules, as I said before when you have a guy with the money, power and influence of Klitschko (who is also promoting the fight ), you can get more leeway.

Ending a big fight by DQ is a very controversial thing, and a lot of refs are also naturally gun shy to do it.

Gun shy ref, gun shy champion... bad combo!
    OK and 100% of them have been that way? These refs haven't even been warning Wlad to stop....seems like if holding is a foul and fouls need to be called for the health of the fighters involved and for the legitimacy of the contest then why won't the ref's even warn him? Money? It's just money?

But hey, you think that way, there's nothing wrong with it, keep on it.....what would boxing be without your Eagle eye for fouls

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    OK and 100% of them have been that way? These refs haven't even been warning Wlad to stop....seems like if holding is a foul and fouls need to be called for the health of the fighters involved and for the legitimacy of the contest then why won't the ref's even warn him? Money? It's just money?

But hey, you think that way, there's nothing wrong with it, keep on it.....what would boxing be without your Eagle eye for fouls
    Is this a new form of internet debate that I'm not aware of? Just keep posing questions that have already been answered?

Is this what the kids are doing now a days?

Wlad stinks, he was a horrific example of how a champion boxer should fight, and he killed off all interest in the HW division. Facts are facts!

El Kabong Guest

Is this a new form of internet debate that I'm not aware of? Just keep posing questions that have already been answered?

Is this what the kids are doing now a days?
    Have you heard of all the forms of debate on the internet?

What's wrong with trying to get answers?

Whose kids?

Mentioned
    503 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

WK is gonna damage his legacy because AJ will steam roller him. But I'm reading different forums and many think WK has a good chance of winning

To many on the

Even the bookies only make AJ slight fav.

These classic - Older once great but now fading HW champ VS Young hungry top quality HW Champ - almost never go the way of the older guy

Think Louis - Marciano. Tyson - Holmes. Holmes - Ali. Indeed it's seem crazy now to think that Holmes was only very slight favourite to beat Ali. Now everyone looks back years later and think it was shameful that they put him Ali the ring but at the time, many people thought Ali could win. The same will happen here. Though WK will be grabbing for dear life. I don't think I have been more confident in prediction ever, than saying AJ will win and I'll say he'll win inside 3 rounds

El Kabong Guest

Anthony Joshua SHOULD be the favorite....maybe not a heavy favorite due to his lack of adversity and tough fights thus far as a professional, but his age should help him. It should, it might not, but it should.

Wlad is going to be 41 whatever happens in a fight vs Joshua won't do diddly poo to his legacy unless of course he wins in which case I'm predicting the Brits bail on AJ faster than they bailed on Price.

I am quite proud of AJ even taking the fight, it's a step up for him and it's a great opportunity for him to build a legacy of his own.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

AJ will definitely damage his legacy, but I think more damage has already been done to his legacy with the Tyson Fury fight.

The fear in his eyes during that fight was remarkable. You'd have thought he had prime Tyson or Joe Louis across the ring from him by how scared he was, not a fat Gypsy coke head!

Too scared to throw a punch. Knew he was going to lose his title but didn't have the heart to take it back.

Wlad has great physical attributes and punches hard. But he doesn't have the champion's heart and he proved it beyond a shadow a doubt!

No true great would sit back and give up his world title without even putting up a fight.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well there is no doubt Wlad can punch hard and KO people (thanks in great part to "German engineering" ).

But he was allowed to hold and grab and lean on guys and that sucks your power away. Then he would finish them in later rounds.

The great MMA fighter Randy Couture made a career out of grabbing guys, making them carry his weight and wearing them out. But he was allowed to do that - it was MMA and wrestling is allowed!

Boxing is supposed to be "hand to hand" combat. To Wlad, it was "hand to hug" combat
    "German engineering".....so is that a jab at Klitschko using steroids for which he has NEVER tested positive for? That what that is?

OH and just how fucking often must I say this...."IF THE REF DOESN'T CALL IT A FOUL, IT'S NOT A FOUL" doesn't matter what sport it is, doesn't matter what happened, doesn't fucking matter.....Allow me to show you EXHIBIT FUCKING A for this

Roberto Duran wins by KO with a punch to the nuts

The last part you're just salty about a guy winning his way....."but but but but"....shut up and win the fucking fight and if you can't then just shut up. I didn't like John Ruiz, but the dude won and you can't take it away from him. I don't like Floyd Mayweather Jr. but he won fights and you can't take it away from him.

Get this through your skull, fighters bend the rules ALL THE TIME: Holyfield headbutts, Hopkins headbutts, Tyson elbows, Rocky would hit you anywhere at any time...on the canvas he'd crack you there too, have a problem with holding Muhammad Ali held all the fucking time.....oh but see that was different he gloated and hot dogged when he held, that's different
    I have to agree.

The sport is littered with fans who pick holes in the fighters they don't like.
    You say tomato,
    ‘n I say …… it correctly.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    So reaching out with both hands... pulling the opponent's head down... and throwing your body onto the guy's back is against the rules?
    Fancy that.

Oh wait... the ref didn't call it.
    The ref didn't call Sam Peter for rabbit punching either....shit happens and you move on.....well not YOU specifically, but other people do. Maybe you should form a support group of Klitschko haters, maybe it'll help you out, discuss how much you have been hurt by his heavyweight title reign....you poor poor thing.

Just knowing that Wlad lost his titles to the Gypsy Queen in the worst fight in the history of the universe is enough to lift my gloom... but I appreciate your concern. I would've preferred a KTFO, but neither fighter cooperated in that regard, throwing a punch once or twice a round. Now Clinch-Ko is on the outside looking in... and I'll be hoping and watching for a KTFO loss versus someone who hopefully won't fall for any of the shit Povetkin had to put up with. Only then will we have a HW division worth watching again.
    Yes indeed, thank God for the great all action heavyweight that is Tyson Fury....I know everyone is sooooo excited to see what he does with his legacy now.....or whenever he's out of rehab.

I'm certain you will be hoping for an Anthony Joshua win....there's a slight chance, only slight mind you, that you'll be disappointed in that. If Wlad was to stop Joshua, well I don't have to tell you how much I'd be laughing at you....but then I think of your complaining and wonder "Is it worth it?" no, NOTHING is worth that.

No, I'm not hoping for an AJ win. I'm hoping to see Wlad dumped on his chicken-shit ass just like in the good ol' days.
    Slight difference.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wlad is going to be 41 whatever happens in a fight vs Joshua won't do diddly poo to his legacy unless of course he wins in which case I'm predicting the Brits bail on AJ faster than they bailed on Price.
    Hey you take that back. We let Price get sparked 3 times and have a mild breakdown on twitter before really turning on him.

The door is always open. All he has to do is remain conscious for the duration of a meaningful fight and all is forgiven.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Top ten for me, if he goes on a mini revival run here and racks up a few good wins then mayb eeven top 5 :S win or lose form here on out I think he's done enough to be top 10. I do think he is definently in top 5 at least for talent though but he never managed to maximize it .

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by palmerq View Post
    Top ten for me, if he goes on a mini revival run here and racks up a few good wins then mayb eeven top 5 :S win or lose form here on out I think he's done enough to be top 10. I do think he is definently in top 5 at least for talent though but he never managed to maximize it .
    I feel the exact opposite. Steward perfected his style to hide his obvious weaknesses. He had some bad losses before and then started winning once steward helped him. So I think that he fulfilled his full potential in the ring.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

While they do know the rules, as I said before when you have a guy with the money, power and influence of Klitschko (who is also promoting the fight ), you can get more leeway.

Ending a big fight by DQ is a very controversial thing, and a lot of refs are also naturally gun shy to do it.

Gun shy ref, gun shy champion... bad combo!

Most of the time wlads fights were that way, holding, leaning, cheating

and holding is a foul which you cant really argue against
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post

again, if the ref doesn't call it then it may as well not have happened at all. Sorry, sorry you are all upset and angry at that, but that is the reality of the situation.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

again, if the ref doesn't call it then it may as well not have happened at all. Sorry, sorry you are all upset and angry at that, but that is the reality of the situation.
    again that is a very weak argument

and that very much isn't the reality of the situation

did the ref notice Wlads holding against Provetkin? seems he didn't because he didn't call it, or maybe it didn't happen, I dunno, you tell me?
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

El Kabong Guest

again that is a very weak argument

and that very much isn't the reality of the situation

did the ref notice Wlads holding against Provetkin? seems he didn't because he didn't call it, or maybe it didn't happen, I dunno, you tell me?
    It's not a weak argument it's reality.

...actually it's the epitome of the reality of the situation.

Again, it doesn't matter whether he noticed or whether he just didn't call it because at the end of the day the ref DID NOT CALL IT A FOUL....ergo it's fair play and if you are upset about that then perhaps you can write a strongly worded letter to any number of boxing officials.

Thread Information