Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  22
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chris Eubank Jrs fight on ITV isn't terrible.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Chris Eubank Jrs fight on ITV isn't terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    I never understood how anyone could not think Eubank sr was an imbecile, cringe worthy is spot on, he's about as bad as people get for it imo.
    I was trying to give him the benefit of doubt but I was wrong.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

When Jr throws his 30 second flurries with wild uppercuts in a rage he is really thinking of his dad

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by KickMuck View Post
    When Jr throws his 30 second flurries with wild uppercuts in a rage he is really thinking of his dad
    Another fighter with dad issues like Roy Jones.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Like Smash said, Eubank is throwing the kitchen sink at Brit/Euro level middleweights to get them out of there. He looks strong at middle so I cant see the extra poundage resulting in a new found concussive punch at Super Middle. I dont know if this bloke he's fighting is good enough to cause the upset but I cant help feeling that it wouldn't be a bad thing. It would seem that the BJS lets only fight for half the fight debacle just wasnt enough to jar them out of this elevated state that they hold themselves in. It's beyond bonkers.

ITV will have a fit if Eubank gets beat. Then again, the event isnt going to be the 6 million PPV buys commercial success that Snr promises it to be either. Whichever way you slice it, ITV are going to be left thinking was it worth it.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Am waiting for an announcement on price for this one - won't be buying it just intrigued.

Is there anyone apart from Eubank, ITV and his promoters who doesn't want this to fail miserably ??
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I find Eubank Snr a facinating character, I cant help but like him. I know it's a long interview but it's worth it just for the pause at the Billy Joe Saunders question.

Have a listen if you've got time and let me know what you think. Im not sure if it changed my mind on anything, but I did see certain things a bit differently.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Senior has delusions of grandeur, which is a false impression of one's own importance. He is so up his own ass he can not see that he is over complicating things when they do not have to be.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I dont doubt that for a second, I've said before that it feels like he is obligated to reject out of hand anything put before him on the premise that he's surely getting screwed.

By the same token it's also worth remembering that he's dealing with Frank Warren and Eddie Hearn. Regardless of the years that separate them, Frank and Eddie are the same, cut from the same cloth and singing from the same hymn sheet. If Eubank has rubbed one of them up the wrong way, it stands to reason to me that the other would follow suit. The fact that Eddie and Frank agree on this could be as much of a confirmation that they are both cunts, as it could Eubank being impossible to deal with.

One thing I know for sure because I saw it with my own eyes, he cost his son the Billy Joe Saunders fight.

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post

I find Eubank Snr a facinating character, I cant help but like him. I know it's a long interview but it's worth it just for the pause at the Billy Joe Saunders question.

Have a listen if you've got time and let me know what you think. Im not sure if it changed my mind on anything, but I did see certain things a bit differently.

That's a great interview (well more of a Lecture by Eubank)

What he says @14.45 about his son not knocking guys out cold because he uses loads of extra padding is interesting

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Eubank is a dumb ex boxer who likes the sound of his own lisping voice , no sane person takes anything this idiot says as fact.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Eubank jnr is not a great fighter, he is a good fighter but his dad has an elevated opinion of how good his son is. However he is the best person to help his son but he should not let his ego get in the way of his son’s career.

I do not believe they should go down the PPV route but the Haye route where he got maximum publicity on free TV even on Dave.

It was not WBO that got Benn v Eubank v Watson in the ring. It was the fighters themselves that made the fights great.

I like the fact that he does not want to work with Eddie and Warren and he is right they are driving big cars and sending their children to private schools out of the backs of boxers.

GG was offered to him and they did not take the fight. They know Junior is not ready for GGG. Comparing his son to a 13 year old girl dealing with a 45 year old man was a funny analogy.

Comparing his son to James Toney spirit, Roy Jones speed and Eubank snr intellect is absurd. Chris does not state why his son does not punch correctly inflicting further punishment on his opponents.

Barry McGuigan is a legend and he is right on that regard.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post
    Am waiting for an announcement on price for this one - won't be buying it just intrigued.

Is there anyone apart from Eubank, ITV and his promoters who doesn't want this to fail miserably ??
    Apparently its 20 bills! What a farce.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Silkeyjoe View Post

Ha ha! £20 for that shit, no way! I hope it is. Because that way absolutely NOBODY will buy it!

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Silkeyjoe View Post

Ha ha! £20 for that shit, no way! I hope it is. Because that way absolutely NOBODY will buy it!
    A lad in work said he saw it was 20 but I havent had a chance to confirm anywhere so maybe his was mistaken.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lots of people on twitter saying its £20. If it does more than 1000 buys id be surprised.

Thread Information