2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Why Joshua will *KNOCK OUT* Klitschko

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by red fox View Post
    The adage a good little fighter isn't good enough to beat a good big fighter, and a good boxer isn't good enough to beat a good puncher. A good older fighter isn't good enough to beat a good young fighter is the philosophy of boxing.
    What about Hopkins vs Trinidad? Big George vs Moorer? I think that there is more to that than just "a good old can't beat a good young".
    Moorer wasn't a natural heavyweight and was beating Foreman and Hopkins was 6'2 to Trinidad's 5'11 and had a 2 1/2 reach advantage.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Remind me again what we saw in Wlads last fight that would convince me he can cope with speed, pop and sheer momentum of Joshua Wlads on and off dates with Fury were as hard to watch as their actual fight. Long road back. Massive jump up for Joshua though. Stage wise and comp wise. Thinking Joshua pulls a shocker and walks right thru him honestly.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ono View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by denilson200 View Post
    GREAT BLACK FIGHTERS IN THERE PRIME NEVER LOSE TO WHITE FIGHTERS

Tell me when I'm lying ?

I challenge anyone to point to more than 1 example (And you can even have non-heavyweights) were this has been the case

Black heavyweight fighters are cleaning house.

Soon enough there won't be any white fighter at the top of the tree in the heavyweight div and that's the way it pretty much always has been. So back to normality.
    You are a clown. Why bring race into it like you do with almost every other thread.
    @denilson2000 almost NEVER posts about race.....FACT

El Kabong Guest

Moorer wasn't a natural heavyweight and was beating Foreman and Hopkins was 6'2 to Trinidad's 5'11 and had a 2 1/2 reach advantage.
    Alright then....Hopkins vs Pavlik, Hopkins vs Cloud, Hopkins vs Pascal?

Wlad has the edge in experience and that's about it, he knows the game and he knows what he can and can't do and sometimes that knowledge gives the fighter an edge. Do I expect Wlad to come out and be the Wlad of old, dominating with the jab, tying up, slowly opening Joshua up for the right hand....not especially. Wlad is older, not sure if he's slower or has lost his timing but he's going to have to be crafty and keep Joshua thinking and THAT is something he can do.

Anthony Joshua is big, bad, he's tough, he's strong, and he's young. Lots of these kinds of fighters see somebody older and they want to peg them, the guy does xyz watch out for that and you'll be ok, you'll walk right through them. Anthony Joshua isn't experienced, he doesn't know what to do when he's hurt in a huge fight like this....Wlad does, Wlad will get back up if he's able to stand, and he'll hold on for dear life and then it's back to jab jab jab jab let me get back in this fight the way he did with Sam Peter.

Wlad will have to try not to be so clever he walks into a trap Anthony has set for him and Anthony will have to avoid hubris....be humble or be humbled.

I think it's a great fight the future of the division could swing on this and regardless of who wins I think they will be the true champion of the division. I hope Wlad wins as always, but this is one where he will be battling the odds. People expecting a slugfest shouldn't go watch the fight though, it's going to be more of a chess match I would assume....the later the fight goes the more advantage I'd give to Wlad.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say Wlad TKO 9.....Anthony Joshua is too tight in his upper body and it'll sap his energy

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Alright then....Hopkins vs Pavlik, Hopkins vs Cloud, Hopkins vs Pascal?

Wlad has the edge in experience and that's about it, he knows the game and he knows what he can and can't do and sometimes that knowledge gives the fighter an edge. Do I expect Wlad to come out and be the Wlad of old, dominating with the jab, tying up, slowly opening Joshua up for the right hand....not especially. Wlad is older, not sure if he's slower or has lost his timing but he's going to have to be crafty and keep Joshua thinking and THAT is something he can do.

Anthony Joshua is big, bad, he's tough, he's strong, and he's young. Lots of these kinds of fighters see somebody older and they want to peg them, the guy does xyz watch out for that and you'll be ok, you'll walk right through them. Anthony Joshua isn't experienced, he doesn't know what to do when he's hurt in a huge fight like this....Wlad does, Wlad will get back up if he's able to stand, and he'll hold on for dear life and then it's back to jab jab jab jab let me get back in this fight the way he did with Sam Peter.

Wlad will have to try not to be so clever he walks into a trap Anthony has set for him and Anthony will have to avoid hubris....be humble or be humbled.

I think it's a great fight the future of the division could swing on this and regardless of who wins I think they will be the true champion of the division. I hope Wlad wins as always, but this is one where he will be battling the odds. People expecting a slugfest shouldn't go watch the fight though, it's going to be more of a chess match I would assume....the later the fight goes the more advantage I'd give to Wlad.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say Wlad TKO 9.....Anthony Joshua is too tight in his upper body and it'll sap his energy
    Pascal and cloud were even more smaller then Tito standing at 5'10 to hopkins 6'2 with a 3 inch reach advantage. Pavlik was not good enough to beat an ATG. All three lost to Hopkins.
    Last edited by red fox; 01-31-2017 at 10:10 AM.

El Kabong Guest

Pascal and cloud were even more smaller then Tito standing at 5'10 to hopkins 6'2 with a 3 inch reach advantage. Pavlik was not good enough to beat an ATG. All three lost to Hopkins.
    They were younger fighters they lost to the older fighter....all 3 of them. And Kelly Pavlik was undefeated at the time. But whatever, I'll just say "you're right" and leave it at that

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good point about Joshua being too tight in the upper body. However too much time has gone by I think it's like almost three years that Vladimir has only had three fights and at his age that is bad news

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Aj is young powerful,skillful and has more stamina then Klitschko that's for sure.Though Klitschko got more experience then AJ

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    Good point about Joshua being too tight in the upper body. However too much time has gone by I think it's like almost three years that Vladimir has only had three fights and at his age that is bad news
    That could be the case, Wlad should show some ring rust...he should, but the guy is the consummate professional boxer he's going to be in tip top shape and his mind is probably the most dangerous weapon and that's still very sharp.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Kevin View Post
    Aj is young powerful,skillful and has more stamina then Klitschko that's for sure.Though Klitschko got more experience then AJ
    Which you can prove how? Because Wlad punched himself out when he was 22 years old vs Ross Purrity or lost the first fight with Lamon Brewster gunning for a KO after knocking Brewster down? Anthony Joshua is still wet behind the ears as a professional boxer, he hasn't been taken to those depths by anyone yet, ergo Anthony Joshua's stamina is a '?' ......how does Anthony Joshua handle the championship rounds? Well we don't know because he's never been passed 7 rounds. Wladimir meanwhile has knocked out a fair few fighters in rounds 8-12....and Anthony Joshua with his upper body being so stiff could very well be another one of those who can't swim in the deep end.

Everything is speculation until the fight happens. Wlad is old, he's not the same fighter he once was, but you cannot count out the old lion especially in a case where he could get right back to the top of the heap in just 1 bout.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The stamina claim is ridiculous.
    AJ has yet to fight beyond the 7th round, and Wlad is extremely fit not to mention he's been 12 rounds about half the number of times that AJ has total professional fights.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    AJ has yet to fight beyond the 7th round, and Wlad is extremely fit not to mention he's been 12 rounds about half the number of times that AJ has total professional fights.
    And THAT comes from somebody who absolutely despises how Wlad fights....(I appreciate your honesty TitoFan....true fair and balanced comment right there).

So you have a Wlad fan and a Wlad hater agreeing on AJ's stamina.

I have to say, Anthony Joshua COULD (key word there) be one of those guys who can do an Ironman challenge and THEN box in a championship fight and never let the effects show....it's highly fucking unlikely but he COULD be a guy like that. He's a young fighter, he has tons of promise, I like his style, I like his skill, but there are a lot of unknowns about the guy because he's so inexperienced at the professional level.

Personally I think if Anthony Joshua wins it's not going to take him 8 rounds to do it in fact I think it'll be more like 5 rounds if Joshua wins. There will be a few chess match rounds and Wlad will be cagey regardless of the outcome, but if AJ goes passed 7....well things will be very interesting in terms of how he copes with that. Wlad could also conceivably win early on, you never know, the dude can still punch and who knows how AJ reacts when he's hurt in a big fight?

Lots of questions for this bout, it'll hopefully be good.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    And THAT comes from somebody who absolutely despises how Wlad fights....(I appreciate your honesty TitoFan....true fair and balanced comment right there).

So you have a Wlad fan and a Wlad hater agreeing on AJ's stamina.

I have to say, Anthony Joshua COULD (key word there) be one of those guys who can do an Ironman challenge and THEN box in a championship fight and never let the effects show....it's highly fucking unlikely but he COULD be a guy like that. He's a young fighter, he has tons of promise, I like his style, I like his skill, but there are a lot of unknowns about the guy because he's so inexperienced at the professional level.

Personally I think if Anthony Joshua wins it's not going to take him 8 rounds to do it in fact I think it'll be more like 5 rounds if Joshua wins. There will be a few chess match rounds and Wlad will be cagey regardless of the outcome, but if AJ goes passed 7....well things will be very interesting in terms of how he copes with that. Wlad could also conceivably win early on, you never know, the dude can still punch and who knows how AJ reacts when he's hurt in a big fight?

Lots of questions for this bout, it'll hopefully be good.
    Hey , you can have a go at me, @Master, @ross , @erics44 , @Batman , but DO NOT , I Repeat DO NOT gang up on @paulKevin. he will rip you guys to pieces with his concise , extensive Knowledge and his clear and informative views. you guys are picking a battle you can't win there, trust me! #justsaying.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Hey , you can have a go at me, @Master, @ross , @erics44 , @Batman , but DO NOT , I Repeat DO NOT gang up on @paulKevin. he will rip you guys to pieces with his concise , extensive Knowledge and his clear and informative views. you guys are picking a battle you can't win there, trust me! #justsaying.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

My bet is against the old man.

El Kabong Guest

My bet is against the old man.