Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Manny Pacquiao v Amir Khan - 23/4/17

I believe Manny will beat Khan just as he did Chris Algieri who has the same style as Khan. The only difference will be that if Khan is hurt Manny will finish him.

Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Arum saying the fight isn't official. Got to be skeptical about these Middle Eastern offers. Most times it turns out to be just talk. Until Uncle Bob signs off nothings set.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That doesn't make Haye/Bellew a good fight though Smash. I just want good fights and drama and mouth don't really come into it for me. If I want mock drama I will watch a soap. Pac/Khan is better but Pac like Haye has been taking it easy and Khan like Bellew is out of his depth. A better fight for Haye would have been against Briggs. Belew is a serious piss take. Khan had his time but that chin was always there and now he's not looking so fast and the tank seems to be emptying. Manny is way past it too, but he can still exlode. It won't take much exploding to have Khan wobbling again. I just think one sided fights are a bit of a waste. Would prefer to see Khan against someone his equal and Manny to finish against someone who won't fold.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I saw somewhere freddy roach has said that manny sparked khan 4 or 5 times in sparring, knocked him cold

the worrying thing about that is that khan has boxed as long as he has, don't you think? people are calling for Roy and Enzo to retire off less sparkings

p.s. I know Enzo has retired now
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    That doesn't make Haye/Bellew a good fight though Smash. I just want good fights and drama and mouth don't really come into it for me. If I want mock drama I will watch a soap. Pac/Khan is better but Pac like Haye has been taking it easy and Khan like Bellew is out of his depth. A better fight for Haye would have been against Briggs. Belew is a serious piss take. Khan had his time but that chin was always there and now he's not looking so fast and the tank seems to be emptying. Manny is way past it too, but he can still exlode. It won't take much exploding to have Khan wobbling again. I just think one sided fights are a bit of a waste. Would prefer to see Khan against someone his equal and Manny to finish against someone who won't fold.

Khan still looked fast as fuck to me against Canelo and all 3 judges had him miles ahead before Canelo landed a punch that would have knocked anyone out.
    And a proper grudge or hate between two fighters guarantees that we get exactly that "A Fight" - They seriously wanna hurt each other so will go all in until one is knocked out.

History tells us Haye v Bellew will be explosive and pure action while it lasts, your definitely not gonna see a cagey fight with one guy running around the ring racking up points which is why the PPV will sell shitloads as your average man in the street wants to see two men go to war

Personally i love a domestic grudge match

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post
    I saw somewhere freddy roach has said that manny sparked khan 4 or 5 times in sparring, knocked him cold

the worrying thing about that is that khan has boxed as long as he has, don't you think? people are calling for Roy and Enzo to retire off less sparkings

p.s. I know Enzo has retired now

Virgil Hunter says the total opposite, just makes the fight more curious to me

"With Amir’s familiarity of Pacquiao and this stage of their careers, I’m sure that he’s confident that he can give a good account of himself in that contest. I’ve seen the tapes of him and Pacquiao sparring and without going into it, it was nothing like Freddie said it was, for sure," Hunter told On The Ropes Boxing Radio.
    "Amir would be a tough out for Manny Pacquiao and with his energy level and length and speed, if he brought all these things together with great focus, there’s a danger that Pacquiao could lose, and lose convincingly. From a fighter stand point, I think that’s the reason why. From a political standpoint, I have no idea [why no head has been reached as of yet]. Hopefully he gets it."
    - See more at: Hunter Smiles: I've Seen Pacquiao-Khan Sparring Tapes - Boxing News

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pacquiao's Return in Limbo After Promised Funds Never Surface - Boxing News
    Looks like it could be off. You have to give Arum credit. He's a wily 80 odd year old fox and he predicted this is exactly what would happen. It's no great shock though to be fair.
    Love to hear what Amir Khan would have to say about this!

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think most of us would be more surprised if the funds came through.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Amir Khan's scheduled fight against Manny Pacquiao has been called off, according to the Filipino's promoter Bob Arum.

The two fighters had announced the 'super fight' on Twitter at the end of February, with only the location to be determined.

A venue in the United Arab Emirates was expected to be confirmed but Arum says the April 23 showdown is now "dead".

Speaking to ESPN, Arum said: "(Pacquiao's adviser) Michael (Koncz) is on his way back to meet with Manny but it's kaddish for the UAE deal. It's dead.

"I'm talking to him about another proposal for another fight, not Khan. Khan won't be Manny's next opponent."

Pacquiao, 38, who currently holds the WBO welterweight title, tweeted last month: "Negotiations between team Pacquiao and team Khan have come to terms for the April 23 bout as this is what the fans wanted."

Khan had posted in February: "My team an I have agreed terms with Manny Pacquiao and his team for a super fight £pacquiaokhan £April23rd."

Pacquiao continues to be trained by Freddie Roach but Khan left the American in September 2012 and is now under the tutelage of Virgil Hunter.

Khan's last fight in May 2016 was at 155lbs, when he challenged Mexico's Saul Alvarez for the WBC middleweight title but lost in six rounds.

He has also long spoken of fighting in the UAE, where he has a southern Asian fanbase, and of his desire to test himself against either Pacquiao or Floyd Mayweather, two of the finest fighters of the modern era.

The 30-year-old previously said: "When I sparred with Manny he was dangerous. They were hard rounds and I knew then that one day I would fight him. I have been ready for a long time."

Amir Khan vs Manny Pacquiao OFF claims Pac Man's promoter Bob Arum
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Khan wont fight again, not a ticket seller. Nuff said

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's hard to take Khan serious when he won't do a domestic return of any significance. He just want's to short cut his 'super fights'. Meanwhile Brook also comes back, drops weight and fights the elephant in the room at 147. Khan knows he only has one round left in the chamber at this point and that chin has it's own built in popcorn timer. With a stacked 147 he is just whistlin past the graveyard. So Manny v Horn is it?

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm first to admit I'll prob take the night off for the ppv

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Man Khan chin is such shit but he does have the speed to pull off a win and been while since Pacman has stopped someone. Either way Khan should do well till he gets his chin checked doesn't help Canelo killed him last fight.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Who knows whether this damn fight will happen, such is the state of boxing posturing and shenanigans nowadays. Not that the fans are clamoring for it anyway. If and when they DO fight, obviously I'd be rooting for the old man, if anything to avoid any Khan "I'm p4p # 1" bullshit talk. Then again, it'll do Khan good to fight someone that doesn't outweigh him by 30+ pounds walking-around weight.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There could be a few interesting fights to do with Khan, but not against Manny; we all know the outcome and the fight would be interesting for 1 round at best. Khan had tremendous potential but a strange life and a fragile chin can of broke the promise.
    Call me a grouch, but I don't see how Manny vs Khan can be labeled as a "super fight".
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Thread Information