Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Gennady Golovkin v Daniel Jacobs - 18/3/17 MSG

I think Jacobs may have a real chance here, given his size and GGG's leaky defence.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    That was some upset like. Are we going to see another one in the main event?
    well maybe, jacobs seems to gain 10lbs everytime they talk about him, he must be over 200lbs by now.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quite amazing really. You look at Wangek's record and he lost 3 of his first 5 and has a record full of less than stellar win/loss ratio opponents, mostly at home and here he is busting up a top fighter. Excellent stuff.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CFH View Post
    I think Jacobs may have a real chance here, given his size and GGG's leaky defence.
    It is leaky. I think a Calzaghe type really does a number on Golovkin.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr140 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Good fight and been pretty fun to watch but i am not sure i i would rank this guy as the best pound for pound. Either way pretty good fight so far and hope it goes out with a bang at least.
    Pray tell who do you have? Which fighter in their 4th weightclass looks better?
    What a joke that only 10 pounds and it makes that much weight classes not to mention the talent pool in those division are shallow as can be. Add all those classes up and it is same amount of active fighters in the 147 division.
    Moving up three pounds is a massive amount for the little lads. Choco only moved up to chase money fights and it's not worked out for him. If there was more depth at flyweight and a bunch of TV-friendly fights he'd still be there.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Quite amazing really. You look at Wangek's record and he lost 3 of his first 5 and has a record full of less than stellar win/loss ratio opponents, mostly at home and here he is busting up a top fighter. Excellent stuff.
    well i think in south east asia are they do things way differently than us in the western world...I think a lot of the thais are doingkick boxing and stuff first then switch to boxing, hence the champs there taking on guys on their debut.. switching sports even combat sports i would think would result in random results despite the guys talent levels.....anyway as far as i remember you live in asia so you know all of this already and i am being annoying :S

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good fight and been pretty fun to watch but i am not sure i i would rank this guy as the best pound for pound. Either way pretty good fight so far and hope it goes out with a bang at least.
    What a joke that only 10 pounds and it makes that much weight classes not to mention the talent pool in those division are shallow as can be. Add all those classes up and it is same amount of active fighters in the 147 division.
    147 is the most overrated division in the sport right now. The fact you mention 147 speaks poorly. But I appreciate you dodging the question. Answer it if it's a joke. I'll ask it again to keep it simple for you. What fighter in their 4th divisuon looks better?

Step up and answer big guy.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wooow amazin fight n i think the Thai barely edged ut but extremely close that could go either way i say rematch n then a third time. We haven't had a great trilogy in a long time

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    Moving up three pounds is a massive amount for the little lads. Choco only moved up to chase money fights and it's not worked out for him. If there was more depth at flyweight and a bunch of TV-friendly fights he'd still be there.
    Does not change the fact that the talent pool in those division are shallow even more so the heavyweight. I mean he great fighter but the division slim compared to 135,147,175 and even 160 has a better talent pool to it.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Golovkin has given up his defense many times. Monroe jr comes to mind when trying to 'make action show' . Jacobs best shot is that he makes that mistake here and comes in with that Eddie Haskell goofy smile

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

147 is the most overrated division in the sport right now. The fact you mention 147 speaks poorly. But I appreciate you dodging the question. Answer it if it's a joke. I'll ask it again to keep it simple for you. What fighter in their 4th divisuon looks better?

Step up and answer big guy.
    I am not rating the division the same i can think of guys that look better then that moving up 10 pounds that are in 130 to 145 division. Andre Ward and Kovlev are better fighters along with Crawford as well when comes to talent.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

All the division the guy has been in does not even have 800 active fighters in it all between 500-700 fighters. 147 has 2100 active fighters and had the most talented fighters of all time in that division full of shit Ron.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Jacobs looking big, boxing smart and takes that opener for me based on the better exchange.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

1-0 golovkin... close but golovkin moves well ... punches were equal so i give to golovkin

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Jacobs has the right idea with that counter right hand. That was a tense first round and I'd give it to Jacobs.

Thread Information