Thread: Did Haye win any fans tonight?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Did Haye win any fans tonight?

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    new found respect for him? LOLZ not from me, he's an old man who has lost what he had before and he knew that he had to cling on for dear life because he had been called out about injury before the fight and his only possible shot at another money fight was to hold on to try and con a rematch.

he didn't stay in the ring because of pride, he stayed in the ring because he could see those pound signs dwindling away at an alarming rate
    Why does it matter what his motivation is? It was still beyond the call of duty.
    http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Haye thought he could win with the injury. Stupid call because when his achillis went he was finished in the fight. Haye tried but he should not get credit for fighting with an injury cheating the subscribers again.
    How is he cheating the subscribers? Nobody is forcing anyone to buy it? If you ask me, every bitter person on here is mad because they missed it
    http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Genuinely I think Haye showed something tonight he never had before. I actually felt sorry for him. I know that won't be the common consensus but not fussed about that. He showed heart - his foot was flopping.
    Saddo Fantasy Premier League
    2011/12 - 2nd
    2012/13 -1st Hidden Content
    2013/14 - 3rd (Master won)

Saddo World Cup Dream Team
    2014 - 1st Hidden Content

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Haye thought he could win with the injury. Stupid call because when his achillis went he was finished in the fight. Haye tried but he should not get credit for fighting with an injury cheating the subscribers again.
    But if he ducked out as soon as his ankle went you would have said 'oh fair enough'. Bollocks. He wrote his own card fair enough but he showed guts tonight.
    2011/12 - 2nd

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

2011/12 - 2nd

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This was Haye's Johnny Cash moment. Should gone to war years earlier Dave, but respect for tonight.
    2011/12 - 2nd

Mentioned
    503 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What a crazy night of boxing. The woman who fought Katie Taylor made Katie Taylor look like a supermodel.

People will say Haye-Bellew was a shock but the biggest shock of the night for me was seeing Paulie Malignaggi hurting his opponent and almost getting a knockdown

As to the main even I’m not shocked. I’d put this upset on same level as when Danny Garcia beat Amir Khan or when Pac-Man beat De La Hoya. A bit of a surprise but not a shock.

Bottom line is Bellew hits Haye and Haye does his best Adrien Broner skanky leg impression.

I've had ankle problems and I can say that Haye should hang up gloves. He's always been an ambush fighter, not an aggressive relentless attacker. His fight style depends on pushing off that foot and it's only going to take one bad push to ruin it for life.

But full credit to him for showing the bravery that he did AND not using the “My ankle went” in post-match interviews because (trust me) unlike toe-gate against Wlad, a ruptured tendon in your ankle is no joke. Put it this way if Haye was a soccer player, basketball player or pro-footballer player and he would have got that injury. He would have been off the field / court straight away and out for at least four weeks.

It feels like someone is shoving a knife up the entire back of your leg up to the hip area. But looking back the moment Haye moved up to heavyweight and bulked up was the moment he started to get injured. If he had stayed at cruiserweight and never got suckered into the glizty show biz world he would have been a champion for a long time. Haye as a cruiserweight was immensely skilled IMO.

So this was a lose-lose situation for Bellew. He loses to an injured fighter ? He's a bum. He beats an injured fighter ? He only won cause of the injury.

Injury or no injury Haye did not looked great even b4 the injury. He was swinging away like butterbean, his timing was off, his jab was poor and Bellew took some flush shots by Haye and was still standing

But if Haye didn't get injured, would Bellew have won ? Debatable. It must be stated once again that Bellew was holding his own but there is no question that Haye's freak injury gave the fight to Bellew on a plate.

But man !! Bellew took for ever to finish it. He was fighting conservatively round and after round against an injured fighter. In fact he might have even been on his way to losing a decision to a handicap and even as injured as Haye was, he was STILL trying to win

But at the end Haye went through the ropes like Bhop

Bellew was losing (Slightly) but he got a lucky break with an injury and won the fight. Not a 'defining win' in style, but a win
    Last edited by denilson200; 03-05-2017 at 05:47 PM.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by denilson200 View Post
    What a crazy night of boxing. The woman who fought Katie Taylor made Katie Taylor look like a supermodel.

People will say Haye-Bellew was a shock but this biggest shock of the night for me was seeing Paulie Malignaggi hurting his opponent and almost getting a knockdown

As to the main even I’m not shocked. I’d put this upset on same level as when Danny Garcia beat Amir Khan or when Pac-Man beat De La Hoya. A bit of a surprise but not a shock.

Bottom line is Bellew hits Haye and Haye does best Adrien Broner skanky leg impression when Broner got knocked down by Maidana

I've had ankle problems and I can say that Haye should hang up gloves. He's always been an ambush fighter, not an aggressive relentless attacker. His fight style depends on pushing off that foot and it's only going to take one bad push to ruin it for life.

But full credit to him for showing the bravery that he did AND not using the “My ankle went” in post-match interviews because (trust me) unlike toe-gate against Wlad, a ruptured tendon in your ankle is no joke. Put it this was if Haye was a soccer player, basketball player or pro-footballer player and he would have got that injury. He would have been off the field / court straight away and out for at least four weeks.

It feels like someone is shoving a knife up the entire back of your leg up to the hip area. But looking back the moment Haye moved up to heavyweight and bulked up was the moment he started to get injured. If he had stayed at cruiserweight and never got suckered into the glizty show biz world he would have been a champion for a long time. Haye as a cruiserweight was immensely skilled IMO.

So this was a lose-lose situation for Bellew. He loses to an injured fighter ? He's a bum. He beats an injured fighter ? He only won cause of the injury.

Injury or no injury Haye did not looked great even b4 the injury. He was swinging away like butterbean, his timing was off, his jab was poor and Bellew took some flush shots by Haye and was still standing

But if Haye didn't get injured, would Bellew have won ? Debatable. It must be stated once again that Bellew was holding his own but there is no question that Haye's freak injury gave the fight to Bellew on a plate.

But man !! Bellew took for ever to finish it. He was fighting conservatively round and after round against an injured fighter. In fact he might have even been on his way to losing a decision to a handicap and even as injured as Haye was, he was STILL trying to win

But at the end Haye went through the ropes like Bhop

Bellew was losing (Slightly) but he got a lucky break with an injury and won the fight. Not a 'defining win' in style, but a win

Agree with most of that Den. Haye was shot. Slow and looping. Wasn't the Haye of old. But the fight was still in the balance. What I'm not having is people ignoring the bad injury as if that didn't totally change the fight. Basically it was a no-contest but Haye showed heart beyond the call - mostly because he had to due to his own bollocks previously.
    2011/12 - 2nd

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes, now that I have seen it I have a lot of respect for Haye. The matchup was a joke but the injury changed all that. Maybe the injury rumors were true. It was a good fight and I shouldn't have been so flippant.

I have also had a bad ankle injury from about 15 years ago. My ankle gave out in a football game stupidly played in slightly icy conditions and I couldn't continue. It took weeks to mend. Even now I cannot do anything involving twisting the ankle as it is very weak. You always feel it. To fight on and take shots and even try and land your own bombs must take incredible heart and you are also risking making it even worse. It reminded me a bit of Toney/Lebedev too. Of course Toney was past it but to finish a fight with one leg is pretty mad.

Haye showed class by not making excuses and seeing it through to the end. Hopefully he will heal okay.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It made me realise that Haye is finished as a top heavyweight. I should have realised this when he took a step down to fight Bellew but a lot are missing the point. Haye was injured and that affected the result of the fight and the only reason Haye carried on was because he has pulled out of fights and used them as excuses in previous fights.

Haye never used the excuse of the injury because he wants the rematch and both fighters got together before the interview to build up the rematch
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No Haye fan these days though once a big fan. Lazy and it showed his body wasn't up to it with his inactivity serves him right. He doesn't deserve another pay day.

On the flip side Bellew today is probably more bothered by the fact he couldn't hurt or finish off a guy fighting on one leg .

I turned off for post match interviews but had a text this morning saying Bellew called out Wilder ?!?
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post
    No Haye fan these days though once a big fan. Lazy and it showed his body wasn't up to it with his inactivity serves him right. He doesn't deserve another pay day.

On the flip side Bellew today is probably more bothered by the fact he couldn't hurt or finish off a guy fighting on one leg .

I turned off for post match interviews but had a text this morning saying Bellew called out Wilder ?!?
    Hearn called out Wilder, Parker and Hughie on Bellew behalf. Bellew was looking at him as if he was mad.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Can I ask , Katie Taylor fought a man right ?

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post

Hearn called out Wilder, Parker and Hughie on Bellew behalf. Bellew was looking at him as if he was mad.

Ha. I'll have to watch that back

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bellew v Wilder would be hilarious

Thread Information