530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Thurman was beautiful last night

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Wow it felt strange watching the fight and not being able to post until Monday morning...

Anyway, maybe my bar is too low, but I thought it was a good fight. I didn't enjoy seeing Thurman run "a la De La Hoya" during the last round. At least it was only the last round and not the last 3 rounds, like DLH did. Still, it looked ugly and he got booed lustily. Hopefully someday, when they're fixing other rules in boxing which turn people off, they'll address some way to avoid this sprinting contest in the last rounds.

Other than that, I thought Thurman did what he had to do to win the fight. He used his speed, and engaged in enough exchanges to make the fight very exciting. But again, that's just me. I thought Danny gave it his best shot, but should've pressed more in the 2nd half of the fight, as it became apparent he was falling behind. Mikeeod's point about Garcia being a 140-pounder must be considered also. Some of the shots he connected would've probably had more of an effect on someone other than a natural 147-pounder like Thurman.

I thought they acquitted themselves quite well, and my thought is I've had to pay for a lot crappier fights than this one I watched for free.
    Thurman ran the last 2 rounds (arguable 3). De la hoya was nowhere near that bad. The running is just a myth with him. He stayed back a bit but he was still landing and moving with intent. Thurman was just running.

I get you are Puerto Rican though so you are going to have that opinion 😁

I tried to put my Puerto Rican bias aside.... and rewatched Round 12 of Trinidad-De La Hoya.

Sorry.

I could be Martian, and I would still think De La Hoya ran just as much, if not more, than Thurman in Round 12.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

"Run Time" Thurman sucks major pole and will be brutalized by either Spence or Brook. He fades in the late rounds and is very open for body work.

“If you want loyalty, buy a dog.” Ricky Hatton

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by infomer24 View Post
    Simply amazing performance by 1 time. He showed everything that night, he boxed with great lateral movement at times and at other times came forward and walked Garcia down. He was so fluid between those two transitions and both were effective. I loved how focused he was too you could see it in his eyes and feel it, especially when he was measuring and probing with the feeler jabs. He definatley rose to the occasion this fight!

I think Errol takes out everyone at 147 but thurman is a man to be respected for sure! Powerful and can box, cerebral and confident.
    Spence is a KO waiting to happen. I would like to see Thurman vs Spence now.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I though it was a bit weak. If Garcia had some footwork Thurman would have been forced to dig deeper. A Hatton/Cotto type fighter would bust him up and stomp him down as he reverts to running.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well when you look at the fight the right guy rightful won thank god for that but it was pretty much Oscar vs Trindad fight. This time they at least did not screw Thurman who won the most rounds so he should win the fight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

beautifully hued, borrowing from Anderson's ... Thurman spends half of the movie in night gown-like silky dresses, and the other in expensive sweaters and Wellies. ... One of last night's top looks.

Thread Information