Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Trump - time, truth and falsehoods

Trumps interview in TIME in which a whole new language emerges or does it? Sounds like Orwells Doublespeak to me. Nobody has suggested that you need to be an intellectual to be an effective president, but this guy seems unable to string a coherent sentence together at times. He is in love with his own ego, infatuated with the idea that he is the reason for his own success and is living in a bubble seemingly maintained by sycophants eager to humor and indulge him (sound familiar?)

Donald Trump: TIME Interview on Truth and Falsehoods | Time.com

"I was totally right about that, ..I predicted that ... I think I will be proved right about that too....I was right about that....No I am saying I was right...And then people said you know Trump was right. What am I going to tell you? I tend to be right. I’m an instinctual person, I happen to be a person that knows how life works.."

and then ending with

"I inherited a mess with jobs, despite the statistics, you know, my statistics are even better, but they are not the real statistics because you have millions of people that can’t get a job, ok. And I inherited a mess on trade. I mean we have many, you can go up and down the ladder. But that’s the story. Hey look, in the mean time, I guess, I can’t be doing so badly, because I’m president, and you’re not. You know. Say hello to everybody OK?"

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...iew-trumpspeak
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Trump - time, truth and falsehoods

That utter human failure is the funniest tragedy ever. His non stop contradictions just give the most examplar glimpse as why he doesn't get a clue about how politics work.

Here's the latest contradictions about his utter failure in the obamacare: https://www.facebook.com/NowThisPoli...7/?pnref=story
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I understood everything that he said it made perfect sense to me

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    I don't believe you. You have so much invested in this idea that you will never admit it, even if they came to lock you up in an internment camp, but you do have an opportunity to change and that is something to embrace not fear. Fear seems to be your overriding motivation but life is much more productive when you don't let that run it. I get it , it's scary stuff, you are living in a country run by Steve Bannon and extreme right wing bigot who has led the way in doublespeak creating and directing the narrative that Trump learns and repeats and then you feel that it is your duty to then fall in line and repeat it yourself. Bannon has couched the discussion in such a way that ALL media is now the opposition and all protests by the public are to be dismissed as paid for distractions by Soros.

Think about what that means. Look it up if you don't believe me that is the reality of the America you are living in and have helped make a reality.

Bannon has said ALL media are the opposition now. Not the Democrats or mainstream republicans ALL media. ALL media is fake news. Trump repeats this...but there is one small caveat

Media owned by, controlled or fed by Bannon is not fake news. So Brietbart etc which had a massive spike during the Trump campaign paid Bannon handsomely both financially and ideologically. It fed both his fat face and his and Trumps narcissistic tendencies. It now makes that the ideal unofficial mouthpiece of government. And like a true Democrat or Mainstream Republican you lap it up. Not Libertarian or free thinking at all, you like Trump and Bannon, have become or always were an opportunist. Just like Bannon used the tea party and the Republicans to gain a foothold and get into power before turning on them, you have done the same in hitching on the coat tails of any poster or thread, trope or meme that is currently popular.

The doublespeak is breathtakingly bold and so is missed by most, but has it not occurred to you that both Bannon and Trump are at the head of the Globalism movement. They are not populists, only in the crudest most patronizing sense of the word. They use and ride the zeitgeist to strengthen their own secluded enclaves whilst fucking over both the working and middle class.

Bannon came from Wall Street. Goldman Sachs and then his own investment company. He is part of the reason for the Crash that we are all still paying for. Trump despite inheriting vast sums of money has multiple bankruptcies under his not inconsiderable belt. He is in bed with the bankers that are standing on you and me in order to reach the giddy heights.

Bannnon is in love with the idea of war despite Trump pretending that is the last thing on his mind. Trump has continued the Democrats campaign of bombing innocent civilians abroad and filled the swamp back up with exactly the same type of cronies he swore to remove.

You have been had mate. They are no different and are in fact actually more dangerous and willing to ramp up inequality to the point where you will no longer have recourse to things like protest or honest investigative reporting to expose them. You are willingly subscribing to blind apathy and acceptance of a Government making it self rich at your expense and removing any useful safeguards to the environment, your constitution, culture, values, education etc because

""I was totally right about that, ..I predicted that ... I think I will be proved right about that too....I was right about that....No I am saying I was right...And then people said you know Trump was right. What am I going to tell you? I tend to be right. I’m an instinctual person, I happen to be a person that knows how life works..I mean we have many, you can go up and down the ladder. But that’s the story. Hey look, in the mean time, I guess, I can’t be doing so badly,because I’m president, and you’re not. You know. Say hello to everybody OK?""
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Allow me to have some doubts that you think that everything he said makes sense.
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Whether you pro-Trump or against him, there are some obvious truths that need be said....

Here we are two months into his Presidency, and not a day has gone by that the news hasn't been dominated by controversial issues, battles between Trump, the press, and all sorts of other entities, including those politicians who don't support Trump. Normally, once the elections are over and the new President settles in, a sense of business as usual comes over the scene. Stuff begins to get accomplished. Sure, there's always some jostling back and forth. But for the most part, the nation gets down to the business of advancing and progressing. All of a sudden we're not afforded that luxury. Everything is a battle, a crisis, a controversy. The Twitter battles rage on... nothing that Trump does proceeds smoothly. He's already had a couple of defeats, one with the immigration ban... and now another with Obamacare.

He may have good intentions behind all this, but the way he's trying to shove things down the nation's throat isn't working, and he's finding out the hard way. With Obamacare it was comical, the way he put an ultimatum on Congress to approve the GOP plan or he was "going to take his ball and go home". Another way of saying he was moving on to other issues. He thinks he can run the country like the old show "Let's Make a Deal", or like some business venture..... and he gets frustrated when the deals aren't made with the speed with which he's been accustomed to. Then there's the frigging ego, which prevents him from adjusting like he should. No first time President gets everything right just out of the gate. So mistakes are understandable. What's not understandable is Trump's unwillingness to learn and adjust.

Personally, I don't think we can sustain this pace for a year, much less 4. It's like two fighters going toe-to-toe from the opening bell. The fight ain't gonna go 12 rounds. Someone's going down... and soon.

Curiously, the pro-Trump voices have slowly begun to go silent, even on this forum. Lyle hasn't posted in almost a month.... and two former members are gone. Brock continues on as the lone voice... and I'm sure he privately has his misgivings. After all, even Trump isn't beyond criticism, right bro?

In any case, I still wish the best for Trump..... because he IS after all the President. As he goes, so does the country. There's no other way to say it. If we were talking odds, I'd say the odds don't favor Trump right now. Not because he's a bad guy and wants the country to suffer..... but because he's an old dog and old dogs don't learn new tricks. Trump is Trump and some of that just ain't good when you're sitting in the Oval Office.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged