Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  40
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: BT Sport Boxing Launch Night - Lomachenko v Sosa, Smith v Williams, Flanagan v Petrov

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: BT Sport Boxing Launch Night - Lomachenko v Sosa, Smith v Williams, Flanagan v Pe

The fight to see in boxing is Loma versus Mikey Garcia. Garcia is a much bigger specimen but it's still the best fight that can be made.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: BT Sport Boxing Launch Night - Lomachenko v Sosa, Smith v Williams, Flanagan v Pe

Sosa is thinking this has to be what drowning feels like. With the anchor around his neck. Loma is tremendous but I'd like to see Loma with fewer twirls and elaborate mustard.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Loma must be so frustrating to fight. Credit to Sosa for giving his all but he was just totally outclassed.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The problem with the 130 pound division is that there are a lot of gritty fighters but not a ton of skill. It's filled with people like salido, miura, Vargas, and berchelt. Guys that will make exciting fights but Loma would easily outclass them.

135 may be a little big for Loma but it has better fights. Obviously Garcia is the biggest one, but you still have Linares, barthelemy, Easter, etc who Loma would still most likely beat but they are more skilled.

Either way though, Loma is extremely good and Garcia is really the only fighter who I can see giving him a tough fight.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    "fight of the year candidate"

Seriously, i'm gonna mute these cunts in a minute. IT was a shit fight, Smith didn't throw a punch for 6 rounds, Williams is a boxing thicko (no disrespect to him)
    Buncy said Williams was wincing in pain, it was just his habit of blinking.
    I spotted that in the promo before the fight, I'd never noticed it before

I think that Smith would have won that if he was only 1 down on the judges cards , myself I gave him maybe 3 rounds max, he was getting beat but Williams was tiring pretty badly.
    I has Williams well ahead but he did look to be fading. It should have gone to the scorecards.
    I felt it should have gone to the score cards too, shouldn't locket have been screaming for it tho?

and I thought Williams was well ahead, as far as i remember I thought he won the first 5

it was a very disappointing fight, I was expecting miles better, i'm glad I didn't go
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    "fight of the year candidate"

Seriously, i'm gonna mute these cunts in a minute. IT was a shit fight, Smith didn't throw a punch for 6 rounds, Williams is a boxing thicko (no disrespect to him)
    Buncy said Williams was wincing in pain, it was just his habit of blinking.
    I spotted that in the promo before the fight, I'd never noticed it before

I think that Smith would have won that if he was only 1 down on the judges cards , myself I gave him maybe 3 rounds max, he was getting beat but Williams was tiring pretty badly.
    I has Williams well ahead but he did look to be fading. It should have gone to the scorecards.
    I felt it should have gone to the score cards too, shouldn't locket have been screaming for it tho?

and I thought Williams was well ahead, as far as i remember I thought he won the first 5

it was a very disappointing fight, I was expecting miles better, i'm glad I didn't go
    Smith was shockingly poor, Williams did very well. They were saying Lockett could have let it carry on for a while and then insist it go to the score cards because it was caused by heads and Williams would have won the fight.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

They should have let the ref/ doctor stop it. Looking at the cards tho it seemed that a robbery was possibly being planned. Williams was only up by a round. That's crazy.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Am I right in saying that only the ref can call the doctor to look at an injury?

If so then questions need to be asked of the ref who seemed to be pretty happy to allow a fighter to continue with half of his eyelid hanging off.

I think I had Williams up by 3 or 4 rounds at the time of the stoppage, those final rounds would have been really interesting because Williams looked gassed in the last round and Smith was finally getting into the fight

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Am I right in saying that only the ref can call the doctor to look at an injury?

If so then questions need to be asked of the ref who seemed to be pretty happy to allow a fighter to continue with half of his eyelid hanging off.

I think I had Williams up by 3 or 4 rounds at the time of the stoppage, those final rounds would have been really interesting because Williams looked gassed in the last round and Smith was finally getting into the fight
    Aren't the Dr's supposed to observe/ examine the fighters between rounds? Then they can make an accurate assessment to the ref.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Aren't the Dr's supposed to observe/ examine the fighters between rounds? Then they can make an accurate assessment to the ref.
    Trainer could have and should have called the doctor in.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've just introduced my dad to Loma, the fight has just been on BoxNation he's not seen him before.

He was rather impressed by him

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've just introduced my dad to Loma, the fight has just been on BoxNation he's not seen him before.

He was rather impressed by him
    I was watching Donaire the other day, he was going to be a great fighter not just a regular champion.

Thread Information