Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  49
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do you donate money when you can?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Do you donate money when you can?

I give to a volunteer none profit dog charity , the rest I wouldn't give to. Buying a new BMW and giving £ 150,000 to the MD of a charity isn't charity . Sir Ian Botham used to give to the R.S.P.B for many years , he then learned years later about 2 pence in the pound actually goes to the charity , the rest is for the employees. He pulled the plug on that one.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I sometimes give money to homeless people, they don't actually need breakfast as there are lots of shelters and soup kitchen type places around here. I think if you give a man a fish, he can eat for a day; but if you give him money for substances he won't need nearly as much food in the long run.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

St Jude Children's Hospital

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    I sometimes give money to homeless people, they don't actually need breakfast as there are lots of shelters and soup kitchen type places around here. I think if you give a man a fish, he can eat for a day; but if you give him money for substances he won't need nearly as much food in the long run.
    Very true. One thing that drives me nuts is seeing a guy with a fresh sign.."Hungry, any amount helps but dollars heal, bless you". Saw that last month. I pass him and notice he had pulled up a sign advertising for temp work . The type that read "daily positions available- cash pay lunch credits". It's a small business less than 6 blocks away! I just don't get it.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It depends. If the person looks able bodied they should be looking for work. I prefer to buy them a pie and drink etc rather than give money. That way they can't spend it on the pokies or drugs/ alcohol. It's got real bad around my area. I saw this f-cker ask a chick for money. She offered him $20 and he had the cheek to say it wasn't enough. There are some very real sad cases but many are just taking the piss. Plus if I asked them to help me pay one of my bills they'd tell me where to go. So same dif.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't donate to charities. It's nothing mean or personal, I just don't know about that kind of thing. I sometimes give a note to the homeless man downtown with no legs who lays at the traffic lights, but otherwise, I don't bother. I probably should, but who do you give it to and how do you know it gets there? You hear about live aid money going to dictators and CEO's living a life of opulence that we can only dream of. Dunno, it seems a bit of a scam sometimes. I would like to do something that I can see and touch. Yet then again, a food bank shouldn't exist in the first place. Thankfully you don't have them here, but I like the idea of helping out in a food bank. I'm a very insular soul and would like to help directly as I think it could help me too. I am somewhat autistic and think it has been made worse by living like Robinson Crusoe. It would help me as well as others to serve soup and look at people.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    It depends. If the person looks able bodied they should be looking for work. I prefer to buy them a pie and drink etc rather than give money. That way they can't spend it on the pokies or drugs/ alcohol. It's got real bad around my area. I saw this f-cker ask a chick for money. She offered him $20 and he had the cheek to say it wasn't enough. There are some very real sad cases but many are just taking the piss. Plus if I asked them to help me pay one of my bills they'd tell me where to go. So same dif.
    I shit you not the other week a big fucker came over to me, I mean I'm 6ft and a big lad but he must have been about 6'4 at least, had on all this snazzy gear whilst I'm tramping about in a hoody that is probably 3 years old, he shouts over to me ''OI BRO'' I stop and wait to see what he wants because looking at him he obviously isn't begging...oh how wrong was I, he asks if I have any change to which I replied ''sorry no I've not got any change on me'' he then asks how I am getting home if I don't have any change, I show him my bus pass, he then says, and this is no word of a lie ''WELL IF YOU DON'T HAVE ANY MONEY DO YOU AT LEAST HAVE A CREDIT CARD''

I told him he was a cheeky cunt and laughed in his face then made a quick exit, it was either the worlds worst beggar or a really really bad attempt at a mugging

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post

I sometimes give a note to the homeless man downtown with no legs who lays at the traffic lights

Just make sure it's not this guy.....

El Kabong Guest

I volunteer and raise money for the Shriners Childrens' Hospitals....yes I do parades in a little minibike and drink lots of beer too, but the work the Shrine Hospitals does is absolutely incredible and I literally would not be living without their great and generous works as my Grandmother was a patient in the 1930's.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i wish i could afford give away money, been living month to month lately it sucks.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

when i used to live in LA i was kinda afraid of the homeless, they always standing where there's red lights, so if its red i have to stop, sometimes they knock on the window, wash my windscreen. it feels like i have to give them money if they wash my windscreen. but even if it was cleaner before... and it feels like imma get robbed when i roll down my windows as well. its really uncomfortable. and fuck me, downtown LA after 11PM Fuck me never again. PS this is when i was 18, i got the guts to tell them to fuck off now.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Xwetie View Post
    when i used to live in LA i was kinda afraid of the homeless, they always standing where there's red lights, so if its red i have to stop, sometimes they knock on the window, wash my windscreen. it feels like i have to give them money if they wash my windscreen. but even if it was cleaner before... and it feels like imma get robbed when i roll down my windows as well. its really uncomfortable. and fuck me, downtown LA after 11PM Fuck me never again. PS this is when i was 18, i got the guts to tell them to fuck off now.
    The off ramps downtown are the same here. Right under the bridges it's basically Bartertown and full of 'tent' cities. Do a lot of late driving last few months and into the AM there is little traffic and groups 5,10 literally sit under the lights. We run red light regularly rather than stop in certain areas after 1 am . Homeless can translate to a hole in head real quick in areas.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Xwetie View Post
    The off ramps downtown are the same here. Right under the bridges it's basically Bartertown and full of 'tent' cities. Do a lot of late driving last few months and into the AM there is little traffic and groups 5,10 literally sit under the lights. We run red light regularly rather than stop in certain areas after 1 am . Homeless can translate to a hole in head real quick in areas.
    it's crazy, i'm not a fan of the whole downtown district, i mean the union station and turists places is alright but still good. same with hollywood it's only a few streets that's safe to walk on at night. I wonder how many turists that wanted to go downtown or hollywood at night and made a wrong turn into this side streets lol. if you google downtown LA it's seems lovely, but in reality it's a different story

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No, I dislike the plethora of professional 'charity' workers who are so smug, and who all need to be paid.

Also, regular followers might have noticed that I am not exactly overflowing with the milk of human kindness ..... so all those lazy thick UK charity cases can all get fucked!

There is no poverty in the U.K.
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by X View Post
    No, I dislike the plethora of professional 'charity' workers who are so smug, and who all need to be paid.

Also, regular followers might have noticed that I am not exactly overflowing with the milk of human kindness ..... so all those lazy thick UK charity cases can all get fucked!

There is no poverty in the U.K.
    I remember a time you were happy and kind.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Thread Information