Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  23
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: AJ is the most dangerous chinner merchant Wlad has ever faced? Fa...c...uss?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: AJ is the most dangerous chinner merchant Wlad has ever faced? Fa...c...uss?

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    The problem the casual boxing fan will have with this fight is simple....with these two guys who both hit so hard 71 KO's between the two of them. Not a whole lot of punches will land, and I'm thinking probably not a whole lot of punches will be thrown, but the punches that land will count. Both fighters will be searching for a window, both fighters will look to land power shots without leaving themselves open.
    I think the ace up AJ's sleeve is his clueless inability to understand that Wlad has power and so being wet behind the ears he will throw caution to the wind and that very innocent dumbness will help him destroy Wlad. But it will only be sheer luck, and so I will not give him any credit. The ATG from Ukraine will just have had too off nights in a row and will rightly go down in history as a fearless warrior who always met his opponent head on never trying any mind games or funny business in the ring. If the ref said it was Ok to put his opponent in handcuffs and batter him with a baseball bat, then it can hardly be called cheating. Wlad...what a ledge
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

El Kabong Guest

Default Re: AJ is the most dangerous chinner merchant Wlad has ever faced? Fa...c...uss?

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Lyle get over yourself and stop acting like a child. You are reading way too much into a one line response. It's nice that you are admitting being a big gay bear and all that, but it doesn't make you the focus of my attention princess.

1. I am not following you. When you post as much as you do it's very likely that wherever I choose to post maybe somewhere you already posted. Why do you even care what my opinion is if I am such a lazy bitch ?. I often work 14 hr days being self employed, and being a carer means I don't stop when I am at home, so maybe factor in that fact when you delude yourself into thinking that you are some kind of fixation for me.

2. I am not being contrary at all. You suggested that AJ would somehow profit from naivety being what you described as "Woefully unprepared". This is not some wet behind the ears novice just because you choose to describe him as such. He is a fellow Gold medal winning Olympian but with a difference. He has proven despite starting his boxing career late and being lucky to get Gold, to be a quick learner, with an incredibly strong mental attitude. That is not just coincidence. That is something you work on daily. It is a fortitude that allowed him to settle and come back to his boxing when rattled by someone like Whyte. It has allowed him to get to this position and by comprehensively demolishing everyone put in front of him in a far more impressive manor than any other operating heavyweight, including Wlad. So it will not be his ignorance that will help him handle the occasion on Saturday and to suggest so is very condescending of you.

3.Joshua is the biggest star in boxing at the moment, he has sponsorship deals and the glare of the spotlight that People like Wilder would give their right arm for. Wlad is coming to England. His "bear" hugging ain't going to wash here and he will be massively out muscled if he wants to turn it into a grapple fest. In his last fight, Wlad mentally melted. He could not handle it. Just like you can't

"AJ is still wet behind the ears. I like AJ, he's classy, but classy don't win fights....bad attitudes don't win fights either, but point being that AJ is woefully under prepared but who knows, maybe he's so young he just won't know any better and will come out the winner."

That my friend is you being lazy and employing hyperbole. It's not an argument it is a suggestion that all the evidence we have witnessed in AJ's 44 rounds can just be dismissed. It also means that you are already preparing to cover yourself whatever happens. If AJ blows Wlad away it's because Wlad is past it and Joshua won simply by not freezing up on his big opportunity. If Wlad wins then you can remind us how he is now an even bigger all time great despite just dealing with a late starting novice, wet behind the ears who was in no way prepared for the leg end that is Wlad.

If Joshua KO's Wlad early then to be fair you should come back and remind us all that we are witnessing the emergence of a new ATG who at this early stage in his career eclipsed the performances of Wlad etc that went before him.

Won't happen though.
    Oh, well fucking surprise surprise guess who it is.....but I rest easy knowing that you don't follow me

1. I'm supposed to care why? You're annoying and you don't understand how debate works. I suggest if you would like a back and forth discussion that you fucking learn up on that shit son.

2. " I am not being contrary at all." Oh really? con·trar·y - opposite in nature, direction, or meaning. Furthermore "Anthony Joshua won a gold medal"...let me stop you right there, Audley Harrison also won a Gold medal was he EVER prepared to fight someone like Wlad? Anthony Joshua has 18 fights, 18 wins, 44 total rounds as a professional....he hasn't fought many "world class opponents".....Kevin Johnson got a title shot ages ago so I guess he counts, Skelton? Gavern? Whyte? Martin? Breazeale? Eric Molina? Not a Who's Who of top rated heavyweights. One benefit of fighting Whyte was Jon Banks is his trainer, but one negative of fighting Whyte was....Jon Banks is his trainer and he too could learn from AJ's work in the ring, he's seen it already. AJ has sparred Wlad before which again, is a wash in terms of experience or preparation and nobody here knows how long they sparred who got the best of who etc. 18 fights, 18 KO's, and never a real big name on his record....this is territory that Anthony Joshua has not been in before. If Anthony Joshua wins it will be DESPITE not having the experience not BECAUSE of his experience because for a heavyweight title holder he doesn't have all that much. That's my point, and that's how you debate using facts....you understand that? Comprende?

3. If AJ is the "biggest star in boxing" then where were his filled stadiums prior to fighting Wladimir? Oh, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, that's too easy of hit against your non-argument you emotional woman

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    The problem the casual boxing fan will have with this fight is simple....with these two guys who both hit so hard 71 KO's between the two of them. Not a whole lot of punches will land, and I'm thinking probably not a whole lot of punches will be thrown, but the punches that land will count. Both fighters will be searching for a window, both fighters will look to land power shots without leaving themselves open.
    I think the ace up AJ's sleeve is his clueless inability to understand that Wlad has power and so being wet behind the ears he will throw caution to the wind and that very innocent dumbness will help him destroy Wlad. But it will only be sheer luck, and so I will not give him any credit. The ATG from Ukraine will just have had too off nights in a row and will rightly go down in history as a fearless warrior who always met his opponent head on never trying any mind games or funny business in the ring. If the ref said it was Ok to put his opponent in handcuffs and batter him with a baseball bat, then it can hardly be called cheating. Wlad...what a ledge
    1. I am not following you

Well I'm certainly glad that you aren't following me

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Was listening to some divvy podcast. The "experts" were claiming it's impossible for 44 round hype job AJ to beat 44,000 rounds superhero Wlad. The fight is a mismatch, an Eddie Hearn con, AJ is a bodybuilder, blah blah blah (the amount of these shit podcasts on youtube is ridiculous. Most of these cunts make Master look on the ball. Incredible.

Nothing winds me up more than - "I didn't watch it, it was shit." Err.. what? Should be compulsory instant death to anyone that mutters that.

However, it did get me thinking about the boring fucking cliche repeated over and over and over again by fan, pundit, boxer, journo, writer, Jesus and Mohammed - "Joshua has never faced anyone like Wlad before." Really? You sure? Whoda known?

AJ is not the BEST fighter Wlad has faced - he might prove to be but there are currently men with better credentials - but who is more dangerous?

Power, speed, explosive, spiteful, nasty chinner merchant?

Sanders - for all his limitations he was undoubtedly swift handed with proper sparko fists. Caught the first incarnation of Wlad cold and exposed a probable suspect canister.

Peters - slow as molasses, overrated fat waddler, however, he could bang, was unbeaten and considered the NEW heavyweight sensation by swathes of fans and media alike. Made Wlad wary enough to jump on the floor everytime a telegraphed swing wafted into his direction.

Haye - too small to intimidate Wlad but had explosive speed and pop and like Peter a serious reputation. Wlad took some big right hands in this fight but Haye's output was so easily neutralized it goes unnoticed.

AS far as danger goes AJ brings more to the table than all of them put together. Am I right or right?
    Massively right. I think if AJ hurts him Wlad will fold like a deck chair. And the only way AJ doesn't hurt him is if Wlad hurts him first. Somehow I don't see that happening because I don't see Wlad being brave enough to engage and throw the type of punch that can catch AJ off guard. I don't think he will punch with AJ unless he gets hugely desperate. Wlad becomes really tentative when he doesn't have a size advantage or when he is presented with danger. AJ ticks both of these boxes. Being tentative against AJ is clearly suicidal so in a nutshell I think he's truly fucked. I don't think he has the personality or bravery to do anything other than trying keep it at range, throw straight punches and the occasional uppercut on the inside. That shouldn't be a big enough arsenal to stop AJ from coming forward and if AJ is able to come forward and let his hands go (which I'm sure he will), then Wlad is in trouble. I actually think Wlad's biggest chance is to tie AJ up and land uppercuts with his free hand. I don't see him being daring enough to lead so I can't see a 1-2 coming and I don't think he's quick enough to counter. Yeah he's fucked.
    http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Was listening to some divvy podcast. The "experts" were claiming it's impossible for 44 round hype job AJ to beat 44,000 rounds superhero Wlad. The fight is a mismatch, an Eddie Hearn con, AJ is a bodybuilder, blah blah blah (the amount of these shit podcasts on youtube is ridiculous. Most of these cunts make Master look on the ball. Incredible.

Nothing winds me up more than - "I didn't watch it, it was shit." Err.. what? Should be compulsory instant death to anyone that mutters that.

However, it did get me thinking about the boring fucking cliche repeated over and over and over again by fan, pundit, boxer, journo, writer, Jesus and Mohammed - "Joshua has never faced anyone like Wlad before." Really? You sure? Whoda known?

AJ is not the BEST fighter Wlad has faced - he might prove to be but there are currently men with better credentials - but who is more dangerous?

Power, speed, explosive, spiteful, nasty chinner merchant?

Sanders - for all his limitations he was undoubtedly swift handed with proper sparko fists. Caught the first incarnation of Wlad cold and exposed a probable suspect canister.

Peters - slow as molasses, overrated fat waddler, however, he could bang, was unbeaten and considered the NEW heavyweight sensation by swathes of fans and media alike. Made Wlad wary enough to jump on the floor everytime a telegraphed swing wafted into his direction.

Haye - too small to intimidate Wlad but had explosive speed and pop and like Peter a serious reputation. Wlad took some big right hands in this fight but Haye's output was so easily neutralized it goes unnoticed.

AS far as danger goes AJ brings more to the table than all of them put together. Am I right or right?
    If we just take 1 tiny step back and forget Wlad vs Fury for one second.....does it change how people see this fight?

If you can get Wlad as an underdog for this fight, I would recommend it....44 rounds is hardly preparation for a fight of this level.

This could be a Hopkins vs Pavlik kind of fight. Wlad has no room for failure, AJ is still wet behind the ears. I like AJ, he's classy, but classy don't win fights....bad attitudes don't win fights either, but point being that AJ is woefully under prepared but who knows, maybe he's so young he just won't know any better and will come out the winner.

Wlad will stop AJ in 10
    We can't forget the Fury fight because that fight perfectly encapsulates exactly what happens to Klitschko when he is faced with a similar sized, ambitious, confident and prime fighter. Throw in the threat of ridiculous power and a speed advantage and it's logical to believe the Wlad that turns up will be a shit hybrid of the one that turned up against Fury and the one who turned up against Peter.
    http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Every man and his dog is predicting a "good bet is" Klitschko late... he hasn't stopped anyone past the 6th round in his last 10 fights (6 years). Five stoppages between rounds 4-6 - (10/1)

(Fenster will stat the fuck out of this fight until he gets a bet. Fact.)
    I have had a 'flutter' on Joshua KO 5-6-7, 12-1 each, and Klitschko points at 6-1, I think that's a fair reflection, and since its only a flutter to add a bit of interest with the lads, I don't give a toss if I'm wrong, looking forward to it more so than many recent events.

Thread Information