Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: 22 dead in Manchester

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    We now have a tribute concert? Eh!? What?

Yeeee!!! This will make things better, shed a tear for the victims, love one 'n other, stop Islamophobia, post a selfie, it was a fantastic night... we didn't get blown up.
    And hey there's a chance for the terrorists to get a second bite at the apple here providing the authorities drop the ball AGAIN
    That's the spirit, always looking on the bright side.
    The thing is though, it's absolutely true isn't it? If I'm a terrorist in the business of bombing people/places, Im licking my lips at this thinking I'm in for second helpings. Or, Im thinking whilst so much attention is placed on X, I'm going to go ahead and bomb Y like I planned to in a few weeks anyway.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    The thing is though, it's absolutely true isn't it? If I'm a terrorist in the business of bombing people/places, Im licking my lips at this thinking I'm in for second helpings. Or, Im thinking whilst so much attention is placed on X, I'm going to go ahead and bomb Y like I planned to in a few weeks anyway.
    Could be both couldn't it? I mean there's more than one terrorist in the area right? That's the troubling thing at least in my own view of things. My worry is that the authorities again choose not to act and then the guys they were keeping an eye on pull off another bombing and here we are again giving thoughts and prayers and changing our facebook pictures and wondering "How? Why?" and counting the bodies up.....that part is the most frustrating to me, if the authorities knew that dude was trouble and had been to Libya and had a father who is into that kind of terrorist shit, then ARREST HIM!!!! Don't fucking wait until the bodies of the children you're supposed to protect are lifeless corpses! That part really irks me, and those poor families who now have to live with the results of that bombing....fucking thanks a lot police, thanks MI5, thanks MI6, thanks to all the authorities who had the information and didn't act on it...that is the frustrating part to me, and fuck it's not like we don't know which community these attacks might come from either...if they don't want to be stereotyped in such a negative light then perhaps, perhaps a few could help the authorities prevent a few of these attacks, but hey, I am sure that is wishful thinking.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    The media is owned by right wing billionaires who perpetuate the corporate greed of multi nationals who they also own.
    Dude r u nutz have you ever seen us news or listen to your BBC or read the economist which stated if Donald trump is elected it would be worse than a terrorist attack. How misguided are you master

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    Could be both couldn't it? I mean there's more than one terrorist in the area right? That's the troubling thing at least in my own view of things. My worry is that the authorities again choose not to act and then the guys they were keeping an eye on pull off another bombing and here we are again giving thoughts and prayers and changing our facebook pictures and wondering "How? Why?" and counting the bodies up.....that part is the most frustrating to me, if the authorities knew that dude was trouble and had been to Libya and had a father who is into that kind of terrorist shit, then ARREST HIM!!!! Don't fucking wait until the bodies of the children you're supposed to protect are lifeless corpses! That part really irks me, and those poor families who now have to live with the results of that bombing....fucking thanks a lot police, thanks MI5, thanks MI6, thanks to all the authorities who had the information and didn't act on it...that is the frustrating part to me, and fuck it's not like we don't know which community these attacks might come from either...if they don't want to be stereotyped in such a negative light then perhaps, perhaps a few could help the authorities prevent a few of these attacks, but hey, I am sure that is wishful thinking.
    Good post, completely agree

El Kabong Guest

Thank you @Batman ....as a citizen in a nation that is target A#1 (not to downplay how much England is focused on, I think it's A#1 USA and #2 England in terms of who they WANT to hurt but it's I guess easier to accomplish in England, IDK) of these terrorists I wonder if the authorities aren't going to act on the information they've gathered and use the tools and materials we as law abiding voting citizens have given them then why am I taking off my fucking shoes at the airport still? Why are we herded through the strictest of security measures for ANY event? Why is the NSA spying on us? If the terrorists are going to be allowed to carry out their plots then why are we the law abiding citizens hit twice? Once by the abusive government and a second time by the terrorists they know full well about but just didn't bother to arrest.

That is extremely frustrating and it doesn't matter who the terrorists are at all in that instance...I mean we ALL know who is doing the bombings and the shootings etc but to just not act on the information you have and everyone is going through the motions of we're a safe society...WHY? Why just go through the motions if the result is going to be the same?

And those fuckers don't want law abiding citizens owning firearms?!?!? Yyyyyeah I ain't going that route man.

Mentioned
    948 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thank you @Batman ....as a citizen in a nation that is target A#1 (not to downplay how much England is focused on, I think it's A#1 USA and #2 England in terms of who they WANT to hurt but it's I guess easier to accomplish in England, IDK) of these terrorists I wonder if the authorities aren't going to act on the information they've gathered and use the tools and materials we as law abiding voting citizens have given them then why am I taking off my fucking shoes at the airport still? Why are we herded through the strictest of security measures for ANY event? Why is the NSA spying on us? If the terrorists are going to be allowed to carry out their plots then why are we the law abiding citizens hit twice? Once by the abusive government and a second time by the terrorists they know full well about but just didn't bother to arrest.

That is extremely frustrating and it doesn't matter who the terrorists are at all in that instance...I mean we ALL know who is doing the bombings and the shootings etc but to just not act on the information you have and everyone is going through the motions of we're a safe society...WHY? Why just go through the motions if the result is going to be the same?

And those fuckers don't want law abiding citizens owning firearms?!?!? Yyyyyeah I ain't going that route man.
    Wow...so you have now managed to turn it from a thread about those innocent people killed in Manchester England to a chance to drone on about your first amendment rights ?
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post

Wow...so you have now managed to turn it from a thread about those innocent people killed in Manchester England to a chance to drone on about your first amendment rights ?
    Well they aren't only MY rights Beanz they are the rights of all Americans AND if giving up those rights or having those rights infringed on by the government leaves us all no safer then the question is why do it? What good is it to do those things when the authorities see a bad guy, they know he's a bad guy, they know he's up to no good, and they keyword here ALLOW him to carry out an attack that kills children.

Yeah, I'm asking those questions what of it?

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't know if it's easier to accomplish in the UK, I mean you boys had the biggest terrorist attack in history in 9/11 (granted that was a game changer and something no one ever expected or planned for) but don't forget you had the Boston bombings not long back, now in the UK we have had 2 in a relatively short space of time but since the 7/7 bombings we haven't had anything.

I don't think it's easier or harder in any country.

The one thing I will say is that I don't think that having guns is any sort of deterrent to someone who is planning on blowing themselves up.

And on a side note I watched four lions again the other night, what a film "you want some you fucking rabbits, you fucked up rabbits with no ears"

If you haven't seen it then watch it

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    I don't know if it's easier to accomplish in the UK, I mean you boys had the biggest terrorist attack in history in 9/11 (granted that was a game changer and something no one ever expected or planned for) but don't forget you had the Boston bombings not long back, now in the UK we have had 2 in a relatively short space of time but since the 7/7 bombings we haven't had anything.

The one thing I will say is that I don't think that having guns is any sort of deterrent to someone who is planning on blowing themselves up.

And on a side note I watched four lions again the other night, what a film "you want some you fucking rabbits, you fucked up rabbits with no ears"

I think it's a shit sandwich every western nation is going to have to take a bite out of. My worry is that we give up our rights in the hopes that the GOVERNMENT protect us, whether they can't or they choose not to it doesn't matter but to have the same results without our rights as WITH our rights it's not something I will accept. The government has it's place and it should protect it's citizens, but apparently doing so could be considered racist or otherwise bad somehow.

I may have to check that out, thanks for the suggestion.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think it's a shit sandwich every western nation is going to have to take a bite out of. My worry is that we give up our rights in the hopes that the GOVERNMENT protect us, whether they can't or they choose not to it doesn't matter but to have the same results without our rights as WITH our rights it's not something I will accept. The government has it's place and it should protect it's citizens, but apparently doing so could be considered racist or otherwise bad somehow.

I may have to check that out, thanks for the suggestion.
    You want an idea of English terrorists then four lions is the film to watch

"I'm the paki Rambo yeah "
    "Come on lads is he a fucking martyr or a chicken jalfrezi"
    "Let's blow up a mosque"
    Last edited by Batman; 06-04-2017 at 11:48 AM.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A van has mowed people down on London bridge and there had been stabbings as well, armed police have attended,

Could be completely unrelated but the first thing you think at the moment is terrorism

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A van has mowed people down on London bridge and there had been stabbings as well, armed police have attended,

Could be completely unrelated but the first thing you think at the moment is terrorism
    5 or 6 people were hit, no mention on the news of the stabbing but they have said that it is extremely similar to the Westminster attack

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

5 or 6 people were hit, no mention on the news of the stabbing but they have said that it is extremely similar to the Westminster attack
    Van driver got away.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

BBC news had a journo who was coincidentally at the scene, she was just a few meters away from the van.
    She said the can didn't stop so any talk of stabbings sound unlikely

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Looking at this now on fox new. Clearing the streets of people and lots of cops. Hope it's not to bad for my London bretheren. I have no idea who could be behind such an act.

Thread Information