Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Rigo fooled Lomas people into saying his name

So here we have 2 of the greatest amateur fighters of all time barely separated in weight and pro champions. A fight for the ages that has to happen right?

Well, one side has been avoiding it moving away away away without commenting on a potential fight.

So Rigo says let's do it at 124, they lowball him. Rigo says let's do it at 126, obviously an uncomfortable weight for the little guy, he just wants a fair offer. Crickets, he says he'll go to 127 or 128 if he gets a fair offer.

And this is where Lomas side f'd up. They thought they saw a tiny man that knew he couldn't go higher so they started talking. Saying Rigo doesn't really want the fight, if he did they could do it at 130. But that's where they stepped in it because Rigo says fine.

That's right, this 118 pound fighter is willing to go to 130. Fans, please don't allow more excuses. These are 2 all timers. We deserve to see this. We may never get another chance like this. Demand it!

(And yes I know Rigo is 122 champ but let's be real he's tiny at 122)
    Last edited by Ron Swanson; 06-26-2017 at 04:27 PM.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Rigo is extremely quick and a talented pure boxer. However, he's stunk it up a lot lately and is coming off a pretty dirty move and lame no contest. Doubt people are clamoring to see him box anyone. I'd say 130 and Lomachenko are too much for him anyway. Was thrilled a few years back when he boxed donaires ears off, but he's not been easy to root for since.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Rigo fooled Lomas people into saying his name

I'm a big fan of Rigo, and I would like to see the fight with Loma made, but I think the size difference is just too much (agree Rigo is tiny at 122). If they were the same size it would be great, although only die hard fans or those who appreciate the nuances/little things would enjoy it. Unfortunately, Loma has more money to make against Salido, Linares, Garcia...etc.
    Last edited by Master; 06-26-2017 at 10:12 PM.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Rigo just doesn't draw most people. That includes boxing fans. I generally love watching great fighters work their craft even if others think it's boring. Rigo is generally boring to me though. With that said, I would love a Rigo vs Loma match up.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

For a geezer that can't speak a lick of English Rigo sure speaks it well on twitter. Where's all this Loma ducking him, lowballing, crickets stuff? Loma's manager accepted the challenge at 130, said speak to Top Rank, Arum is their promoter.

As a fan i'd like to see it, even though Loma is too big, but it's not gonna happen as neither can sell shit in the States and Loma certainly has better options. He'd be in a no-win situation against Rigo.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    Rigo is extremely quick and a talented pure boxer. However, he's stunk it up a lot lately and is coming off a pretty dirty move and lame no contest. Doubt people are clamoring to see him box anyone. I'd say 130 and Lomachenko are too much for him anyway. Was thrilled a few years back when he boxed donaires ears off, but he's not been easy to root for since.
    Rigo did not deliberately punch after the bell, it was in the heat of the moment. The opponent definitely milked the punch.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Rigo did not deliberately punch after the bell, it was in the heat of the moment. The opponent definitely milked the punch.
    Whether it was deliberate or not is by the by.
    The only result it shouldn't have been is a KO!
    No Contest - fine DQ - maybe harsh, but possible.
    Don't really know why Rigo is not more popular as I think he's fucking brilliant, Loma too.
    Just goes to show what boxing is all about when these top 2 fighters can't make decent money, yet Bellew and Floyd v MacGregor are box office smashes!!

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by mikeeod View Post
    I'm a big fan of Rigo, and I would like to see the fight with Loma made, but I think the size difference is just too much (agree Rigo is tiny at 122). If they were the same size it would be great, although only die hard fans or those who appreciate the nuances/little things would enjoy it. Unfortunately, Loma has more money to make against Salido, Linares, Garcia...etc.
    He isn't scheduled to fight any of those guys. They're trying to force Salido to fight before he is ready so Salido is looking at other opponents. Loma has a date and no opponent. People keep talking about numbers but this isn't PPV. This is an HBO date around 6 weeks away with no opponent. Here is a willing opponent, a legend at that

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Seems like Rigo's team are the ones having their bluff called tbh

"Egis Klimas does not fight in the ring, Egis Klimas is not making a fight, Egis Klimas has promoters who are making a fight. Rigondeaux and his team knows Top Rank's number. If Top Rank will come to me and say Rigondeaux is ready to fight then I will approve that fight together with Lomachenko."
    The highly regarded Ukrainian is scheduled to fight in August but is looking for a suitable opponent.
    "If they're going to come, Top Rank, and they're going to say,'they want to fight' and make a deal with Top Rank, Top Rank will come back to us and we will approve the fight. I don't have any problems," said Klimas, who reiterated - "I don't go and fight and train, I don't make the fight That's what we have promoters for but if they want to come in and fight at 130 - we have no problem. We will be very happy.
    "If they make the August date, we're very happy to fight Rigondeaux."

http://www.boxingscene.com/lomachenk...ndeaux--117909
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Rigo knew what he was doing.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Rigo knew what he was doing.
    You are very cynical and that cynicism should be aimed at the overacting Flores showed.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post

"Egis Klimas does not fight in the ring, Egis Klimas is not making a fight, Egis Klimas has promoters who are making a fight. Rigondeaux and his team knows Top Rank's number. If Top Rank will come to me and say Rigondeaux is ready to fight then I will approve that fight together with Lomachenko."
    The highly regarded Ukrainian is scheduled to fight in August but is looking for a suitable opponent.
    "If they're going to come, Top Rank, and they're going to say,'they want to fight' and make a deal with Top Rank, Top Rank will come back to us and we will approve the fight. I don't have any problems," said Klimas, who reiterated - "I don't go and fight and train, I don't make the fight That's what we have promoters for but if they want to come in and fight at 130 - we have no problem. We will be very happy.

Call Top Rank, call Top Rank. We know Bob wants no part of Rigo. Interesting that now Klimas doesn't make fights. A couple days ago Klimas said come to 130 and they can do it. Rigo said yes and now Klimas has no choice in the matter. Dude straight up changed his story and you want to believe both stories that contradict each other. Rigo's story has always been "let's fight"

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post

Call Top Rank, call Top Rank. We know Bob wants no part of Rigo. Interesting that now Klimas doesn't make fights. A couple days ago Klimas said come to 130 and they can do it. Rigo said yes and now Klimas has no choice in the matter. Dude straight up changed his story and you want to believe both stories that contradict each other. Rigo's story has always been "let's fight"
    Bob is Bob nobody believes anything he says. I am sure both fighters would get in a ring tomorrow, the rest is just show business and politics. All this posturing is just that, for percentages, leverage, publicity etc. From both sides
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bob is Bob nobody believes anything he says. I am sure both fighters would get in a ring tomorrow, the rest is just show business and politics. All this posturing is just that, for percentages, leverage, publicity etc. From both sides
    Not just posturing. Rigo's side wants the fight. In the end fighters are responsible if their team protects them. It's their career. Loma is my 2nd favorite fighter but he needs to fight guys that are on his level and there aren't many to choose from at that level. One is ready to go, on short notice.

People shouldn't be glossing over the fact Loma's team is trying to force people into short camp fights either. Rigo is one of the few that it wouldn't be an issue because he just fought and it was only one round.

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Seems like Rigo's team are the ones having their bluff called tbh"Egis Klimas does not fight in the ring, Egis Klimas is not making a fight, Egis Klimas has promoters who are making a fight. Rigondeaux and his team knows Top Rank's number. If Top Rank will come to me and say Rigondeaux is ready to fight then I will approve that fight together with Lomachenko."The highly regarded Ukrainian is scheduled to fight in August but is looking for a suitable opponent."If they're going to come, Top Rank, and they're going to say,'they want to fight' and make a deal with Top Rank, Top Rank will come back to us and we will approve the fight. I don't have any problems," said Klimas, who reiterated - "I don't go and fight and train, I don't make the fight That's what we have promoters for but if they want to come in and fight at 130 - we have no problem. We will be very happy."If they make the August date, we're very happy to fight Rigondeaux."http://www.boxingscene.com/lomachenk...ndeaux--117909
    Not just posturing. Rigo's side wants the fight. In the end fighters are responsible if their team protects them. It's their career. Loma is my 2nd favorite fighter but he needs to fight guys that are on his level and there aren't many to choose from at that level. One is ready to go, on short notice. People shouldn't be glossing over the fact Loma's team is trying to force people into short camp fights either. Rigo is one of the few that it wouldn't be an issue because he just fought and it was only one round.
    Let's hope they make it happen then.

Thread Information