Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Terence Crawford vs. Julius Indongo ESPN

Yea I hope Indongo is competitive. Keep getting flash backs of Trinidad being the overwhelming favorite in the Hopkins unification. Indongo ain't no Hopkins but he's a road warrior who has earned his way to this level.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just watched Indongo's last two fights. The one was like a minute long but the burns one was pretty telling. He reminds me a lot of Paul Williams. His physical height and reach is annoying for his opponents but he gives it up a lot by lunging in with his shots. He also throws a lot of punches.

From what I saw, I really don't think he will give Crawford much trouble. Crawford himself has a pretty long reach and is much quicker. I'm not sure how good the chin of Indongo is but if it isn't great, I think he gets stopped. If he has a solid chin, he lasts the distance but will have limited output and lost most of the rounds.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oh snap Crawford is a beautiful fighter. Even the oracle of Omaha goes to his fights

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Indongo, who is only getting this fight because he burgled two trinkets, wasn't even known a year ago, most fans have never seen him fight (just read the comments on here) yet are all excited/hyped because four silly belts are on the line.

Lets get this right - Indongo is a far bigger betting outsider than McGregor to beat Floyd. The silly Floyd mismatch is considered more competitive than the super duper shiny belts fight.

Indongo didn't look like a P4P world-conqueror beating a virtual "shot" Burns. He's a tall bloke with a rinse and repeat left hand that showed a good engine in a fight he was allowed to dominate and control.

Crawford KO within 6. (7/2)
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Indongo, who is only getting this fight because he burgled two trinkets, wasn't even known a year ago, most fans have never seen him fight (just read the comments on here) yet are all excited/hyped because four silly belts are on the line.
    Yup, I've only seen him against Burns, whilst the belt situation isn't the be all and end all it is certainly worth mentioning.

Regardless of Indongos quality (or lack of) being the first person to unify in 12 years is certainly worth mentioning, to just completely disregard it is a little unfair on the fighters.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    Yup, I've only seen him against Burns,
    if you can spare 40 swconds you can see his fight to win his first title v troyanovsky :S

https://youtu.be/Cg4HUUssp3U?t=225

I am looking forward to this one as I think crawford is great and always good to watch(bar his silly head taps on his opponents which he seems to love right now) and uniting all 4 belts is pretty and a cool achievement i think. Indongo looks pretty big and strong but very wild, I think crawford would have to be asleep to lose this one, I would love it if indongo won it though.

Some interesting stuff on the undercard too,although they mostly look like mismatches, whyte, jennings, gvozdyk and shakur stevenson. I always thought jennings had some talent, good to see him back in the ring at last after ortiz gave him a good beating.
    Last edited by palmerq; 08-19-2017 at 08:54 PM.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lets get this right - Indongo is a far bigger betting outsider than McGregor to beat Floyd. The silly Floyd mismatch is considered more competitive than the super duper shiny belts fight.

Indongo didn't look like a P4P world-conqueror beating a virtual "shot" Burns. He's a tall bloke with a rinse and repeat left hand that showed a good engine in a fight he was allowed to dominate and control.

I actually agree with you. I guess sometimes we do agree 😁

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

does anyone know if they are showing the pre televised stuff on some kind of webcast today, facebook/youtube/whatever?

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He only did what every fighter hopes for though right, receive the trinket opportunity in career and win. I'm a sucker for obscure boxers thrown in and showing they can actually swim a bit and getting an even bigger shot. He's a massive underdog and should be as you said that left hand looks to be the danger zone and his footwork doesn't look fluid at all but he ended Kamote, Lyimo and Troyanavosky all on lefts so lets hope for a competitive fight/round at least . It's not so much the trinket scramble and destroying Indongo will not enhance Crawfords ability or skill any higher than we already know it, but every division should be forced to sweep them up for one champion rather than into the wind with 4 different owners. Its a good thing for the sport. If Crawford is all business and less playing around, once he backs Indongo up in that straight line after early feel out it should be a wrap.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by palmerq View Post
    does anyone know if they are showing the pre televised stuff on some kind of webcast today, facebook/youtube/whatever?
    No.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    No.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    No.
    ESPN3 if you can stream it. Dish Network has it and think it's offered on Xbox live. Makes zero since to have 3rd channel with no cable

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Any word on the IBF second day weigh in yet? Wondering if this affects Crawford at all or not.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Any word on the IBF second day weigh in yet? Wondering if this affects Crawford at all or not.
    No.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    ESPN3 if you can stream it. Dish Network has it and think it's offered on Xbox live. Makes zero since to have 3rd channel with no cable
    not in canada... superchannel starts at 6pm pacific time so I will make do with what they have, quite a few interesting fights on the undercard though.

Thread Information