Thread: Joshua v Klitschko in Vegas?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Joshua v Klitschko in Vegas?

I get that but the fighters benefit most, so you might as well say they're not worth the money they get paid.

AJ-Wlad - £30 million was amassed from UK PPV.

You expect them to leave all those millions behind for the sake of who? You. Because you're unwilling to pay for your entertainment.

Now for people that can't afford it then it's entirely different, fuck, i'm even ditching this Sky lark now. However, it still doesn't change the fact it's the fighters that benefit.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    1671 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    I get that but the fighters benefit most, so you might as well say they're not worth the money they get paid.

You expect them to leave all those millions behind for the sake of who? You. Because you're unwilling to pay for your entertainment.

Now for people that can't afford it then it's entirely different, fuck, i'm even ditching this Sky lark now. However, it still doesn't change the fact it's the fighters that benefit.
    Fighters benefit but they are used as an excuse by promoters and TV companies for doing this when it is they that are pushing it to maximise their profits. Sky have grossly over paid on the football so have to recoup their money back and one way is the excessive use of ppv.

If these people stopped pushing ppv the fighters would have little option but to take the next best deal. It is in the interest of Sky and Eddie to manufacture these fight to be ppv when they are clearly not.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The fights clearly are PPV worthy that's why it's a roaring success getting stronger and stronger with more and more scheduled. Don't forget ITV and BoxNation/BT. BoxNation will be charging PPV on a subscription channel specific for boxing.

Eubank Jr's last fight apparently bombed. Yet here we are again, this time at 16.95 - the same as AJ-Wlad, Floyd-Pac - not the reduced price.

Again, you think the fighters aren't worth your money. Fine. It's a choice.

P.s - you do a great job promoting PPV for them, you're forever printing their press releases, promo pics and sales pitch.

Mentioned
    1671 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The fights clearly are PPV worthy that's why it's a roaring success getting stronger and stronger with more and more scheduled. Don't forget ITV and BoxNation/BT. BoxNation will be charging PPV on a subscription channel specific for boxing.

Eubank Jr's last fight apparently bombed. Yet here we are again, this time at 16.95 - the same as AJ-Wlad, Floyd-Pac - not the reduced price.

Again, you think the fighters aren't worth your money. Fine. It's a choice.

P.s - you do a great job promoting PPV for them, you're forever printing their press releases, promo pics and sales pitch.
    As you have pointed out not all PPV are a success but the companies and promoters still persist on them. It will put more and more people off the sport and if you can get the fights in Germany and South Korea for free why are we having to pay? It is totally unjust.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No need to worry yourself sick about the damage this is doing to do sport mate, there's more boxing shows now than at anytime since WW2. The attendance at boxing clubs is higher than anytime since TV was invented, clubs all over the country reported huge increases in juniors joining in the aftermath of AJ-Wlad. Boxing is absolutely thriving.

I never said Eubank's PPV wasn't a success I said "apparently," however, they're doing it again at a higher price.

You personally don't pay for anything. Like I said, German TV paid £4 million for a fight that took place in another country. You should find out why the BBC won't invest a penny of your money.

Mentioned
    1671 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No need to worry yourself sick about the damage this is doing to do sport mate, there's more boxing shows now than at anytime since WW2. The attendance at boxing clubs is higher than anytime since TV was invented, clubs all over the country reported huge increases in juniors joining in the aftermath of AJ-Wlad. Boxing is absolutely thriving.

I never said Eubank's PPV wasn't a success I said "apparently," however, they're doing it again at a higher price.

You personally don't pay for anything. Like I said, German TV paid £4 million for a fight that took place in another country. You should find out why the BBC won't invest a penny of your money.
    BBC were bitten by Audley when they over paid for him and never looked at boxing ever since.

Wlad could easily say to the Germans you have to pay to watch him but he deliberately does not and takes British money because he knows he will receive more in adulation, exposure and notoriety than just money. Just look at Bruno who is still loved more than Lennox.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post

Fighters benefit but they are used as an excuse by promoters and TV companies for doing this when it is they that are pushing it to maximise their profits. Sky have grossly over paid on the football so have to recoup their money back and one way is the excessive use of ppv.

If these people stopped pushing ppv the fighters would have little option but to take the next best deal. It is in the interest of Sky and Eddie to manufacture these fight to be ppv when they are clearly not.
    Fighters are used as an excuse?
    Just out of curiousity, who exactly do you think earns the most money out of a ppv event?
    A. The fighters
    B. The promoter
    C. The TV Company
    D. The Taxman
    Better still, it would be great if you put them in order.
    That way, you work out who you should be castigating.

Mentioned
    1671 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post

Just out of curiousity, who exactly do you think earns the most money out of a ppv event?
    A. The fighters
    B. The promoter
    C. The TV Company
    D. The Taxman
    It is blood sucking business model perpetuated by the TV companies and promoters who are to blame, the fighters will retire but these greedy people will remain for many years to come.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The fighter is on 80% of those major Matchroom PPV shows. Every penny spent relating to them (undercard, etc) comes out of their pot.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

BBC were bitten by Audley when they over paid for him and never looked at boxing ever since.

Wlad could easily say to the Germans you have to pay to watch him but he deliberately does not and takes British money because he knows he will receive more in adulation, exposure and notoriety than just money. Just look at Bruno who is still loved more than Lennox.
    Bruno is the pioneer of PPV in Britain. So greedy Frank is to blame for all this? Audley is to blame for the BBC? Greedy, greedy fighters.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A. The fighters
    B. The promoter
    C. The TV Company
    D. The Taxman
    It is blood sucking business model perpetuated by the TV companies and promoters who are to blame, the fighters will retire but these greedy people will remain for many years to come.
    No disrespect Máté, but you talk some horseshit when you try to swerve the question. Just fucking answer it mate.
    @Fenster even gave you a bit of help with the answer.

Mentioned
    1671 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bruno was no pioneer he was pissed off that sky had made their fight ppv as he wanted a percentage of it. I am not blaming the fighters but it is not them demanding the fights be ppv.

Mentioned
    947 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A. The fighters
    B. The promoter
    C. The TV Company
    D. The Taxman
    No disrespect Máté, but you talk some horseshit when you try to swerve the question. Just fucking answer it mate.
    Even on Mastermind people do not have to answer the question. Who are you Geremia Paxmano?
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post

A. The fighters
    B. The promoter
    C. The TV Company
    D. The Taxman
    Even on Mastermind people do not have to answer the question. Who are you Geremia Paxmano?
    All in the interests of healthy debate . He still ain't answered though.
    Anyway, I'd expect that reply from you seeing as you've been swerving my questions for the last few days.😉

Mentioned
    947 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    I get that but the fighters benefit most, so you might as well say they're not worth the money they get paid. AJ-Wlad - £30 million was amassed from UK PPV. You expect them to leave all those millions behind for the sake of who? You. Because you're unwilling to pay for your entertainment.Now for people that can't afford it then it's entirely different, fuck, i'm even ditching this Sky lark now. However, it still doesn't change the fact it's the fighters that benefit.
    Fighters benefit but they are used as an excuse by promoters and TV companies for doing this when it is they that are pushing it to maximise their profits. Sky have grossly over paid on the football so have to recoup their money back and one way is the excessive use of ppv. If these people stopped pushing ppv the fighters would have little option but to take the next best deal. It is in the interest of Sky and Eddie to manufacture these fight to be ppv when they are clearly not.
    Fighters are used as an excuse? Just out of curiousity, who exactly do you think earns the most money out of a ppv event?A. The fighters B. The promoterC. The TV Company D. The TaxmanBetter still, it would be great if you put them in order.That way, you work out who you should be castigating.
    No disrespect Máté, but you talk some horseshit when you try to swerve the question. Just fucking answer it mate. @Fenster even gave you a bit of help with the answer.
    All in the interests of healthy debate . He still ain't answered though. Anyway, I'd expect that reply from you seeing as you've been swerving my questions for the last few days.😉
    Uh...Yeah.. OK.

Thread Information