Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Mega fight wish list!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post
    I used to pay for all the ppvs up to around six years ago
    Thank you for ruining my argument.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Probably partially down to that
    When boxing was on mainstream TV it was huge. If AJ and the others fought on terrestrial TV they would win sports personality of the year all the time.
    Yep. And be worth about £30 million less.
    Honestly, which would you choose?

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    When boxing was on mainstream TV it was huge. If AJ and the others fought on terrestrial TV they would win sports personality of the year all the time.
    AJ would make that back and more easily in endorsements and fame.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What, and he doesn't have endorsements and fame now? For example, Under Armour pays him a fortune now!
    I'm not altogether sure you understand how it works.

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What, and he doesn't have endorsements and fame now? For example, Under Armour pays him a fortune now!
    More well known means he will be remembered for longer, not just about money. People still chant Bruno after all these years as they did with Cooper.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

More well known means he will be remembered for longer, not just about money. People still chant Bruno after all these years as they did with Cooper.
    that's a very idealistic view, and to a degree I wish that's what was important. But compare that to "Boxing is a Business" and "It's a short career, they need to make every penny they can," and "Marketability and Profile" and all the other buzz words we hear and then you realize IT IS ALL ABOUT THE MONEY!
    Be Honest, and it may not be a question you can answer because you haven't been in this position, but if you had say, a Million quid and somebody said "you can make another £5 Million, you would go for it , wouldn't you?
    or if somebody said "you can either be Sports Personality of the Year or have £30 million , what would you take.
    and proof that Sports personality won't eventually necessarily get him all the money he would currently get is this...........
    Who has the highest net worth?
    a. Andy Murray
    b. Mo Farah
    c. Bradley Wiggins
    d. Anthony Joshua.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fame, notoriety and being loved for many years after I retire would be worth more than millions in the short term. Just ask Wlad.

If I was AJ I would have a few fights on mainstream TV, screw Eddie and Sky if it means that.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fame, notoriety and being loved for many years after I retire would be worth more than millions in the short term. Just ask Wlad.

If I was AJ I would have a few fights on mainstream TV, screw Eddie and Sky if it means that.
    Just ask Wlad? What's that supposed to mean? Didn't Wlad as the challenger away from home get a 50/50 split on a PPV last time out?
    I'm not gonna give you the whole fucking Wlad story again because it clearly didn't sink in last time.
    As for "Screw Eddie and Sky", is that what you believe is it? The same Eddie and Sky that clearly offered him the most generous deal to turn pro. If you remember when he turned pro , every promoter IN THE WORLD wanted him, and He chose Eddie and Sky because they clearly gave him the better deal.
    Where the fuck were BBC & ITV then? And now you're saying he should fuck Eddie and Sky off after everything they did for him.
    That sort of disloyalty and fucking snakey attitude is worse than the PPV scandal. Would you honestly be that much of a disloyal fucking snake?

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just ask Wlad? What's that supposed to mean? Didn't Wlad as the challenger away from home get a 50/50 split on a PPV last time out?
    I'm not gonna give you the whole fucking Wlad story again because it clearly didn't sink in last time.
    As for "Screw Eddie and Sky", is that what you believe is it? The same Eddie and Sky that clearly offered him the most generous deal to turn pro. If you remember when he turned pro , every promoter IN THE WORLD wanted him, and He chose Eddie and Sky because they clearly gave him the better deal.
    Where the fuck were BBC & ITV then? And now you're saying he should fuck Eddie and Sky off after everything they did for him.
    That sort of disloyalty and fucking snakey attitude is worse than the PPV scandal. Would you honestly be that much of a disloyal fucking snake?
    So AJ would be a snake to leave Eddie and sky? I would put a couple of my defences on mainstream TV.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So AJ would be a snake to leave Eddie and sky? I would put a couple of my defences on mainstream TV.
    Where were "Mainstream TV" when AJ turned Pro? How would he have got to where he is without the Eddie/Sky platform?
    And now you reckon AJ should say to Eddie and Sky ""Listen, it was good of you to get me to where I am, and to invest in me, but now I reckon I need to be on terrestrial TV so Joe public love me and I can win SPOTY. They're only paying a tenth of what I can earn with you, but tbh I could afford to take this step because of the money I've made with you."
    And you expect Eddie/Sky to reply with "yeah, go on, why not, it's for the best, you deserve to be loved and famous. Don't worry about the time and money we've put into you."

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    I have Spence v Crawford stuck on the brain. Like the feel of Ortiz v AJ. Inoue v Gonzalez has to surely be in the works with huge card coming. Gervonta Davis maybe a fight or two more, v Orlando Salido. Oscar Valdez v Lee Selby. Jermall Charlo v Danny Jacobs, style wise it would be fireworks.
    Jeramll vs Jacobs would be nice.

Not a mega fight but Betebiev vs Gvozdyk would be brutal. Estrada vs Cuadras looks outstanding.
    That entire card can be a great round robbin to see who meets when the dust settles. Right now really leaning Estrada can handle Cuadras.

Charlo made his middle debut but totally over shadowed by Heiland almost needing crutches to enter the ring. He's busy calling out Golovkin and I think he can do big things there, no better time to step up than the present. Like to see Jacobs back in the mix. Looks like he is signed Oct. 14th vs TBA. Had some great momentum off Golovkin fight but he may just go Lt hvy route.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Another fight that seems pointless to discuss(not that anyone did) is GGG v Charlo. Sanchez said they will never fight Charlo. The only way they would fight Charlo is if he is made the mandatory and even then they would make him wait the whole year. It's all in this if anyone wants to suffer through 30 minutes of circular logic where they keep repeating their own points and never answering directly
    https://youtu.be/G9tZzD_f2Mc

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Another fight that seems pointless to discuss(not that anyone did) is GGG v Charlo. Sanchez said they will never fight Charlo. The only way they would fight Charlo is if he is made the mandatory and even then they would make him wait the whole year. It's all in this if anyone wants to suffer through 30 minutes of circular logic where they keep repeating their own points and never answering directly
    it's hard to keep track of what sanchez is rambling about here :S does sound like he is deliberately not understanding the questions though and giving answers in an other direction... He also says who cares about perception after being asked "you know what it will look like if golovkin doesnt fight charlo as a mandatory?".... pretty sure they called out alvarez pretty hard about how people would perceive him if he didnt fight golovkin... but whatever :S

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by palmerq View Post
    it's hard to keep track of what sanchez is rambling about here :S does sound like he is deliberately not understanding the questions though and giving answers in an other direction... He also says who cares about perception after being asked "you know what it will look like if golovkin doesnt fight charlo as a mandatory?".... pretty sure they called out alvarez pretty hard about how people would perceive him if he didnt fight golovkin... but whatever :S
    It's why I said weeks back we should start looking for Charlo/Jacobs. Nobody will choose to fight either. Which, I'm okay with in the sense that I would enjoy the fight. I'm just not okay with the fact those two get treated differently. Everyone should be calling for people to fight them, but they won't.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

People should probably stop talking about a Garcia/Loma fight because it doesn't look like it will happen

What Garcia's people are saying
    "Loma doesn't want to fight"

What Loma's people are saying
    "Garcia isn't a big name" hahaha
    "Garcia is not an A fighter" hahaha
    "Garcia is boring" hahaha
    "We won't fight on Showtime" and that sums it up.

I hope they are BSing but it appears the plan is more fights, cheaper fights, on ESPN. To make cheap fights you need cheap opponents.
    This is hilarious. Klimas is talking and saying how different fighters say they want to fight but not next, implying they don't really want to fight and that's why not next. ES asks him about a Mikey Garcia fight and Klimas says it is a great fight but they can't do it next. I swear it's like these people don't think. You imply "not next" means not really interested then you say "not next" 😂

Bob Arum is king of that double talk and I always wonder why boxing media doesn't follow up on such obvious contradictions

https://youtu.be/S_Tx5VKv-zQ

Thread Information