Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Is Floyd finally retired?

Let's imagine (for some strange reason) that Canelo sparks out GGG cold in the 9th round and immediately calls out Floyd for a rematch.

Would Floyd consider another last and final fight in May 2018 that could possibly do record breaking numbers?

Floyd looked old, fighting out of his natural weight class and took way too many shots from a novice (even if that was part of the plan).

Is Canelo the only fighter that could bring Floyd back?...or have you had enough of Floyd?

(I'm sick of the constant talk about pay per view sales etc and Stephen A kissing his arse all the time)

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Floyd is retired. By May 2018, he wouldn't have fought a proper pro boxer in a meaningful fight for nearly 3 years.
    At his age, there's no such thing as easy money..........well, apart from the other night.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Is Floyd finally retired?

If GGG sparks out Canelo there would no Floyd comeback because he would hide behind his settee hoping triple G does not call him out.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

One of Saddo's top P4P flomo's is sick of someone kissing Floyd's arse? Behave, imp ()

Don't worry he'll be back. Like this time it was to pay his tax bill, in another year or so as his money dwindles he wont be able to resist another cash grab. There's always brand new beatable "stars" emerging (he nearly fought Khan not long ago) and he'll never have enough millions to say no to his old Vegas cronies when they give him the say so.
    Last edited by Fenster; 08-29-2017 at 02:35 AM.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think so
    I hope so

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I very highly doubt it. If he did, it would only be because he literally has no money left. I just can't see himself losing his 0. There would be no way at his age that he would beat a top fighter anymore. Especially one that is bigger than him.

El Kabong Guest

We can only hope he's retired....OMG I'm like SOOOOO totally shocked he beat a guy in a boxing match who had NEVER had 1 single second in a boxing ring as a pro.....OMG he MUST be the absolute greatest

Good on them both for making money....Bernie Madoff earned his money in a more legit manner

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post

OMG I'm like SOOOOO totally shocked he beat a guy in a boxing match who had NEVER had 1 single second in a boxing ring as a pro.....OMG he MUST be the absolute greatest

For this reason alone he should be 49.1-0, instead of 50-0.
    I thought about an asterisk, but this is better.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not as long as he's hugging Dana White and wearing gimp suits into the ring. Floyd is a fungus. Find it treat it but don't keep checking every hour to see if it's left. That fucker lingers. The entire "will he won't he comeback" chatter helped make that circus in the first place.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Not as long as he's hugging Dana White and wearing gimp suits into the ring. Floyd is a fungus. Find it treat it but don't keep checking every hour to see if it's left. That fucker lingers. The entire "will he won't he comeback" chatter helped make that circus in the first place.
    People will ALWAYS buy his fights and sure it's a tribute to how much of an asshole he is...people want to see him get KO'd and after that they'll want to see it again, and again, and yeah keep those rolling.

If Floyd felt he "owed" fans then fucking fight Danny Garcia, Thurman, Spence, Crawford, Mikey Garcia....fucking fight GGG if you have something to PROVE, go grab a middleweight title why not? But don't say "Oh, I owe the fans a great show" and then BOX an MMA fighter who isn't schooled in boxing and then expect the fans to be amazed at your ability.

If Floyd was THE GREATEST as he claims 24/7/365 then why fight Hatton at 147 instead of 140? Why wait until Cotto has 2 losses to fight him? Why fight Shane Mosley in 2010? Why fight Oscar De la Hoya in 2007? Where's Kostya Tszyu on his record? I'm looking I don't see Kostya. Where is Paul Williams? Where's Margarito?

Don't get me wrong, Floyd is SUPREMELY skilled in the ring...he's too skilled to take credit for fights that were in his favor well before the bell rang ergo my great dislike of him. Ray Leonard challenged himself, Ray Robinson challenged himself, Duran challenged himself, Hearns challenged himself....Floyd looked for ways to tilt fights in his favor FACT he always did it, ALWAYS....Floyd is a great fighter, with a very padded record that is his legacy.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mods

Can we pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaassssssss sssssssse delete this thread
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post
    Mods

Can we pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaassssssss sssssssse delete this thread
    No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

please
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If Floyd was THE GREATEST as he claims 24/7/365 then why fight Hatton at 147 instead of 140? Why wait until Cotto has 2 losses to fight him? Why fight Shane Mosley in 2010? Why fight Oscar De la Hoya in 2007? Where's Kostya Tszyu on his record? I'm looking I don't see Kostya. Where is Paul Williams? Where's Margarito?
    Wasn't Hatton already fighting at 147 when he fought Floyd?

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    Wasn't Hatton already fighting at 147 when he fought Floyd?
    Just had a look, he had fought there previously but hed moved back down to light welter before the Floyd fight

Thread Information