Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Colin Kaepernick and the absurdity of the NFL

Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    This whole situation has become pretty damn silly on all fronts. I'm honestly surprised that so many people have so much time to make what otherwise unknown people do and think such a preoccupation. I think it's a giant shiny object. Someone does not salute a flag I really do not care. It does nothing to change my belief, lessen my pride or infringe on my personal life. If anything it actually reinforces it for me.
    That's just so wrong and noncommittal it's scary
    I support Spicoli on this, pure freedom means pure freedom, which is what America is anyway, right?
    Yeah I guess you are right..... sad

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This whole situation has become pretty damn silly on all fronts. I'm honestly surprised that so many people have so much time to make what otherwise unknown people do and think such a preoccupation. I think it's a giant shiny object. Someone does not salute a flag I really do not care. It does nothing to change my belief, lessen my pride or infringe on my personal life. If anything it actually reinforces it for me.
    I'm committed to me and my beliefs full on.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I support Spicoli on this, pure freedom means pure freedom, which is what America is anyway, right?

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I am actually split down the middle on this===== fuck those melodramatic spoiled pampered ,muti-millionaire athletes who are protesting about FUCK ALL JACK SHIT FANTASY POLITICALLY-DRIVEN BULLSHIT....................

they really SHOULD be fired, I cannot spout off political bullshit at my job, in your office, at your work, AND NEITHER SHOULD THESE ROIDED OUT PIECES OF SHIT BE ABLE TO DO SO.

on the other hand, fuck it, you cannot force someone to stand for a song or a flag FFS.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I am actually split down the middle on this===== fuck those melodramatic spoiled pampered ,muti-millionaire athletes who are protesting about FUCK ALL JACK SHIT FANTASY POLITICALLY-DRIVEN BULLSHIT....................

they really SHOULD be fired, I cannot spout off political bullshit at my job, in your office, at your work, AND NEITHER SHOULD THESE ROIDED OUT PIECES OF SHIT BE ABLE TO DO SO.

on the other hand, fuck it, you cannot force someone to stand for a song or a flag FFS.
    Since the us government, aka the people built all these super domes for these idiots they can at least pretend to be grateful

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If someone doesn't want to stand for an anthem then good on them. You are born into a system and have little say in how it is set up or forced upon you. The least you can do is defy in all the little ways you can. Otherwise, you are dead already. I wince whenever Andy Murray plays at Wimbledon in front of the Royals, but then again I bet he didn't wince about being knighted. Some people just don't have the balls to be punk. It's a good thing to say 'No' once in a while. Stick to your values and call out injustice. 'I will not play tennis in front of these entitled toffs and anyone in banking can leave right now too. Right, who is on for tennis?'
    Last edited by Gandalf; 09-27-2017 at 10:50 PM.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lots of British people don't understand what a big deal the flag is to our US cousins.

We don't have a culture of saluting our flag, or treating it as anything other than a piece of cloth. Equally, we don't have a pledge of allegiance or a wholesale attitude of standing for the anthem or placing hands on heart when it's on etc.

We do pick up on when politicians etc don't mumble long to our anthem, and they do cop some criticism but not as much as if they were Americans.

Maybe that's why this whole story isn't a big a deal over here.

We speak the same language, nearly, but there are some big cultural differences between Brits and Americans.
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    If someone doesn't want to stand for an anthem then good on them. You are born into a system and have little say in how it is set up or forced upon you. The least you can do is defy in all the little ways you can. Otherwise, you are dead already. I wince whenever Andy Murray plays at Wimbledon in front of the Royals, but then again I bet he didn't wince about being knighted. Some people just don't have the balls to be punk. It's a good thing to say 'No' once in a while. Stick to your values and call out injustice. 'I will not play tennis in front of these entitled toffs and anyone in banking can leave right now too. Right, who is on for tennis?'
    Well miles, it USED to be the case that before a game/match/fight was started, before I go out and play for my team and do all I can to be you and your team or before I cheer for my side and before you cheer for your side, we all take time to show some respect to our nation and our servicemen and women who have allowed us the privilege of holding such an event. Also it brought us together in UNITY before the game....but you know Donald Trump is the divisive one

People don't disagree or are unfeeling towards the plight of people who grow up in rough neighborhoods or who are harassed by the police and we don't like bad cops, none of us do....EVERYONE would support this cause if Colin Kaepernick didn't decide to shit on the whole of America (which FYI the majority of people still love) then I'm sure he'd actually have some support instead of being an outcast.

The people protesting are multimillionaires. The people protesting are paid millions of dollars to PLAY A GAME. The people protesting went to college for FREE. The people protesting typically have about an 8th grade education DESPITE going to college for FREE. They're protesting in stadiums funded by the tax payer! They're protesting the police when police are security for their games! And the NFL which is called "The No Fun league" could stomp this out if it wanted to...IF IT WANTED TO.....they aren't, they're playing politics and their making their own bed, look at the ratings, look at the disinterest.

People watch sports to get away from politics because sports is something we can all debate on another level, people who disagree politically can agree on sports. People who agree politically can disagree on sports. It's a needed escape....but lefties want to make EVERYTHING and I do mean EVERYTHING political so here we go, buckle up because it's going to be a bumpy ride...and why?

Hillary, a lying, cheating, dishonorable, greedy, horrible candidate and person lost an election she attempted to rig, that's the long and short of all the hysteria around this Presidency and Donald Trump is taking full advantage of it.

Quote Originally Posted by X View Post
    Lots of British people don't understand what a big deal the flag is to our US cousins.

We don't have a culture of saluting our flag, or treating it as anything other than a piece of cloth. Equally, we don't have a pledge of allegiance or a wholesale attitude of standing for the anthem or placing hands on heart when it's on etc.

We do pick up on when politicians etc don't mumble long to our anthem, and they do cop some criticism but not as much as if they were Americans.

We speak the same language, nearly, but there are some big cultural differences between Brits and Americans.
    Can Brits even fly their flag?

'Really British' shop selling UK memorabilia accused of racism
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016...ccused-racism/

Look at how Angela Merkel handles being handed her own country's flag....

That's fucking despicable....yeah I'm sure Germans trust her with THEIR country

El Kabong Guest

Starts off with:

"Kneeling is quiet protest"

ends up with:

White Athletes Still Standing For The Anthem Are Standing For White Supremacy
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b0f2df5e83afcd

Kind of like the lefties don't want people to have any will of their own.....also bake me that cake!

Mentioned
    948 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Well miles, it USED to be the case that before a game/match/fight was started, before I go out and play for my team and do all I can to be you and your team or before I cheer for my side and before you cheer for your side, we all take time to show some respect to our nation and our servicemen and women who have allowed us the privilege of holding such an event. Also it brought us together in UNITY before the game....but you know Donald Trump is the divisive one

People don't disagree or are unfeeling towards the plight of people who grow up in rough neighborhoods or who are harassed by the police and we don't like bad cops, none of us do....EVERYONE would support this cause if Colin Kaepernick didn't decide to shit on the whole of America (which FYI the majority of people still love) then I'm sure he'd actually have some support instead of being an outcast.

The people protesting are multimillionaires. The people protesting are paid millions of dollars to PLAY A GAME. The people protesting went to college for FREE. The people protesting typically have about an 8th grade education DESPITE going to college for FREE. They're protesting in stadiums funded by the tax payer! They're protesting the police when police are security for their games! And the NFL which is called "The No Fun league" could stomp this out if it wanted to...IF IT WANTED TO.....they aren't, they're playing politics and their making their own bed, look at the ratings, look at the disinterest.

People watch sports to get away from politics because sports is something we can all debate on another level, people who disagree politically can agree on sports. People who agree politically can disagree on sports. It's a needed escape....but lefties want to make EVERYTHING and I do mean EVERYTHING political so here we go, buckle up because it's going to be a bumpy ride...and why?

Hillary, a lying, cheating, dishonorable, greedy, horrible candidate and person lost an election she attempted to rig, that's the long and short of all the hysteria around this Presidency and Donald Trump is taking full advantage of it.

Quote Originally Posted by X View Post

Can Brits even fly their flag?

'Really British' shop selling UK memorabilia accused of racism
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016...ccused-racism/

Look at how Angela Merkel handles being handed her own country's flag....

That's fucking despicable....yeah I'm sure Germans trust her with THEIR country
    No we are not allowed to fly the Union Jack here Lyle, It's been banned by the PC bogeyman which is why they have all been taken down and replaced by rainbow ones
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well there now Beanz has rectum-fied it.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

El Kabong Guest

Reuters poll:

85% 'almost always' stand for the anthem.

74% place hand on heart.

58% say pro athletes should be *required* to stand.

aaaaaaaaand here's the BEST part

Thread Information