Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  82
Dislikes Dislikes:  6
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Titofan and his country have been hit very, very hard: waiting to hear from him!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    The Federal Emergency Management agency known as FEMA in the United States has recently completed a study which has proven that if there was a total power outage in the United States of America for up to 12 months that literally 90% of Americans would die. If we extrapolate those findings which I have some confidence in could the situation in Puerto Rico it has been determined this morning that Puerto Rico needs a minimum of 6 months to restore power and running water. If we go by FEMA's findings 6 months is half of 12 months so 45% would be half of 90%in terms of the deaths predicted therefore 45% of the population of Puerto Rico comes out to about 1.1 million people dead within six months. I do not want to create the false impression that I am hoping for such an outcome here I am only a voice crying out in the wilderness that this is going to quickly sneak up on the world who are not expecting or prepared for anything like this and that is a mass Calamity which is in the works @Gandalf @walrus @Primo Carnera
    Absolutely no doubt that this is a very serious and sad state Of affairs. But reading all of the above, why did you downgrade your prediction from MillionS to tens of thousands and then back up?
    #doesn'tknowhisassfromhiselbow

El Kabong Guest

Default Re: Titofan and his country have been hit very, very hard: waiting to hear from him!

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Hopefully he is nowhere near that dam. 2 months is a long time, hopefully they get plenty of help sorting it out.
    From my conversations with him I believe (if I remember correctly) that he's in the northeast closer to San Juan I guess. The damn that broke is in the Northwest

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Titofan and his country have been hit very, very hard: waiting to hear from him!

@Primo Carnera has made a good point. I briefly lost my sense of perspective and allowed myself to be influenced by the naysayers who doubted my predictions. He has made a great point though that I did finally come to my senses I will continue my prediction and never waver again.

#1.1millionDead

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

well @TitoFan it has been a full week since I started this thread bro, and if you cant even get to any WiFi in a week, then we already all knew it was pretty bad but this is really, really REALLY BAD bro and I hope you are finding some fresh water and safe food, as the refrigeration via the electric outage will be a bitch.

Mentioned
    1671 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I am getting worried now.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    I am getting worried now.
    Dude I told you, I studied this shit in detail with my neighbor who is a meteorologist, it is an ongoing Calamity of biblical proportions

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He will be fine. It will be a crappy experience, but he will pull through. People didn't all die in the olden days because of flooding and a lack of electric. He will be roughing it, but a struggle is all it shall be. He will be back annoying me in a month.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Isn't Puerto Rico an American territory? Does that make Puerto Ricans US citizens?

I certainly haven't seen wall to wall media coverage, like when Florida was hit. Nor have I heard much concern or help coming from the American authorities.

Or have I got that wrong?
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bang on the money there X. Trump is much more bothered by the mainland storms.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by X View Post
    Isn't Puerto Rico an American territory? Does that make Puerto Ricans US citizens?

I certainly haven't seen wall to wall media coverage, like when Florida was hit. Nor have I heard much concern or help coming from the American authorities.

Or have I got that wrong?
    Yeah and that's POSSIBLY.....PROBABLY why the President said this

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Bang on the money there X. Trump is much more bothered by the mainland storms.

TWEET FROM THE GOVERNOR OF PUERTO RICO
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo Rossello ✔@ricardorossello
    Gave @POTUS an update of situation in the island. Grateful for his approval of Emergency Protective Funding. @VP @TomBossert45 @FEMA_Brock
    12:51 PM - Sep 26, 2017
    But ya know...NARRATIVE

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

​Maybe it's our media then, I just haven't heard much at all about PR
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I liked the @FEMA_Brock

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by X View Post
    ​Maybe it's our media then, I just haven't heard much at all about PR
    Oh it most certainly ain't just YOUR media.....it's the American media too. How very coincidental that they are both so willing and eager to carry the same narrative eh

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

My good buddy is Puerto Rican. He can't get in touch with his daughter and is freaking out. We also have a lot of other Rican's at work who are in the same boat. My buddies father went down with the Red Cross to help out and found some of his family in shelters. It's sad, these guys are really fucked up over it understandibly. My buddy wants to fly over when regular travel is restored. I might lend him money for airfare. I feel terrible for all these guys. I work in a large building with a1,000 people but my dept is small and we are quite close. My company is also collecting donations which they will match to help all. Actually for all three hurricanes but I'm having trouble finding who to give the money to.!

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

After World War I, America was worried about German U-boats, which had sunk nearly 5,000 ships during the war. Congress enacted the Merchant Marine Act of 1920, a.k.a. the Jones Act, to ensure that the country maintained a shipbuilding industry and seafaring labor force. Section 27 of this law decreed that only American ships could carry goods and passengers from one United States port to another. In addition, every ship must be built, crewed and owned by American citizens.
    Almost a century later, there are no U-boats lurking off the coast of Puerto Rico. The Jones Act has outlived its original intent, yet it is strangling the island’s economy.

The foreign vessel has one other option: It can reroute to Jacksonville, Fla., where all the goods will be transferred to an American vessel, then shipped to Puerto Rico where — again — all the rerouting costs are passed through to the consumer.
    Thanks to the law, the price of goods from the United States mainland is at least double that in neighboring islands, including the United States Virgin Islands, which are not covered by the Jones Act. Moreover, the cost of living in Puerto Rico is 13 percent higher than in 325 urban areas elsewhere in the United States, even though per capita income in Puerto Rico is about $18,000, close to half that of Mississippi, the poorest of all states.

This is a shakedown, a mob protection racket, with Puerto Rico a captive market. The island is the fifth-largest market in the world for American products, and there are more Walmarts and Walgreens per square mile in Puerto Rico than anywhere else on the planet.
    A 2012 report by two University of Puerto Rico economists found that the Jones Act caused a $17 billion loss to the island’s economy from 1990 through 2010. Other studies have estimated the Jones Act’s damage to Puerto Rico, Hawaii and Alaska to be $2.8 billion to $9.8 billion per year. According to all these reports, if the Jones Act did not exist, then neither would the public debt of Puerto Rico...................

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/25/o...t.html?mcubz=0

President Donald Trump said Wednesday that he was hesitant to lift the Jones Act in order to aid Puerto Rico following a devastating hurricane on the island because of “a lot of people that work in the shipping industry that don’t want the Jones Act lifted.”

“On Puerto Rico, Mr. President, why not lift the Jones Act like you did in Texas and Florida?” a reporter asked as Trump made his way to Marine One.
    “Well, we’re thinking about that,” he responded. “But we have a lot of shippers, and a lot of people — a lot of people that work in the shipping industry that don’t want the Jones Act lifted. And we have a lot of ships out there right now.”

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewir...nes-act-waiver
    Last edited by Kirkland Laing; 09-28-2017 at 10:13 AM.

Thread Information