Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  70
Dislikes Dislikes:  5
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: This place has run its course......

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default This place has run its course......

I would bet new membership is at a massive decline and if it isn't they don't come back after a few trips. I remember joining I think around 2004? And it was awesome! I quit coming on around 2007 when my father was sick. Had things to take care of. I couldn't remember my log in so I had
    To make a new One. Seems like a few stragglers hung on and now are moderators and god forbid you say or do something they don't like. But that's not even the whole issue. This place is simply a ghost town now. I don't even see the purpose of it. The few floyd haters and GGG lovers could just text each other about their obsessions. I won't name
    names because I'm not picking on certain individuals they are who they are. But if requested I could tell you and comment here how some of them are beyond sickening. If it won't get deleted. Or if this doesn't. Opinions aren't allowed here unless you conform it seems like. This is like a night club well past it's shelf life. Like the old tavern nobody goes to that's hanging on a string with a few bitter people with a few things in common. I would guess this went from the number one forum (at least it felt that way back 10-15yrs ago) to the worst. Same lame topics, same people saying same stuff, same posts that rarely change. I'll log in and the newest thread or one commented on and it was the day before. Nothing new here. The old restaurant that never ulgraded or viewed change as a positive. Almost like a dictatorship with the ones still here that were here in the beginning. I'm sure this will get moved to spam so nobody sees it and I'm sure it won't be hard to guess who moved it. Or deleted because god forbid anyone have an opinion on this place. The stale posts are more exciting for some. Those big companies that couldn't take constructive criticism sure went on to be successful before being auctioned off.
    Last edited by RedLeatherMafia; 10-01-2017 at 02:30 AM.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mods, please don't move this. I'm intrigued at some of the stuff you've said. "Nobody can have an opinion if it doesn't conform." I don't see that myself.
    Now I wasn't here in the "good old days", but I quite like this forum.
    You talk about change, but what changes can be made? It is what it is, do you want a fanfare to play every time you get a like or something ?
    Could it possibly be that it is YOU that have changed and not the forum?
    Finally , you talk about "I could name names" , we'll crack on and do so. If you're leaving again , what have you got to lose?
    I hope you get what you are looking for.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: This place has run its course......

I don’t see anything that indicates you have to conform to anything. I do agree that this place has slowed down quite a bit over the past year or so. I’ve been on a few message boards over the past 15 years or so and they all eventually die out for some reason. I don’t know why.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I will be here forever. I have nothing else in my life but boxing.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Every so often you'll get the I'm leaving thread. Or the this place is shit thread. The people who make these threads generally don't contribute much. Don't give the place the injection of life it apparently needs. People come, people go, things change. I wish lots of people would come back to the forum. Some just knowing they were still alive would be enough. I've never known anyone post an I'm leaving or an it's shit here thread and thought I'm really going to miss that guy/girl.

Master that was fucking tragic
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This a proper boxing forum face book have a few but there are many fucking idiots posting in truth there knowledge of boxing to say is pathetic
    touch pad warriors not like US keyboard warriors.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oh well, you could have tried starting a few threads yourself, I mean you know what is lacking so give it a little injection of your own, create a thread that will spark a serious debate that is worthy of your own adoration...

Or you could just disappear forever, I'm cool with either scenario

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Saddo boxing is a bloody good forum people come and go why knock it contribute start some threads is Brock frightening people off I wonder, hell he looks a bugger with that black paint on his head.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Firstly and more importantly, sorry to hear about your old man and what hardships came upon the family. We've all been there to one degree or another and when real life steps in a forum of any sort is usually last thought. Other times it's a weekly daily escape. Works differently for people and to each their own. As mentioned above posters come and posters go, some just change their names for whatever reason and some become old furniture that never leaves the home. The depth and individuality makes this place and it keeps me coming back. You took ten yrs off and now dip your toe in the water again with 16 posts only to knock it about rather quickly, not entirely fair maybe but hope ya give yourself a chance. It's not a competition, just some guys and gals yapping about a sport they like. And other nonsense on certain other boards .

In fairness everything seems and feels 'fresher' when it's new to us and there are few days that go by where we don't reminisce about first days gone by and the good ol days. I mean you're talking 10-15 yrs bud. Take the good of then and move forward with it now. But none of us can 'go back' in life. Likewise new members today or not so new can't be held to times they never knew or judged in comparison nor should they. Now is now. Happens when you grow older and it happens here and it's pretty much the backbone of some boxing forums. Reflection and highlights, backbone of the sport really. But have to disagree to this not being a completely open place and just don't see these opinions being shot down or disallowed that you mention. Mere fact that you shoot across the bow..dictatorship really?..but people come in asking and giving opinion speaks to that. I've been on a decade which pales to some grizzled wankers before me and honestly cannot remember a single time when I was told 'do not say that'. And make no mistake..Saddo Boxing still kicks plenty o arse and that's not a mod speaking or looking for brownie points, that's from a boxing fan who got tired of watching fights with clueless people and his dog . Relax mate and have fun with it, or don't.
    Last edited by Spicoli; 10-01-2017 at 03:43 PM.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by RedLeatherMafia View Post
    I would bet new membership is at a massive decline and if it isn't they don't come back after a few trips. I remember joining I think around 2004? And it was awesome! I quit coming on around 2007 when my father was sick. Had things to take care of. I couldn't remember my log in so I had
    To make a new One. Seems like a few stragglers hung on and now are moderators and god forbid you say or do something they don't like. But that's not even the whole issue. This place is simply a ghost town now. I don't even see the purpose of it. The few floyd haters and GGG lovers could just text each other about their obsessions. I won't name
    names because I'm not picking on certain individuals they are who they are. But if requested I could tell you and comment here how some of them are beyond sickening. If it won't get deleted. Or if this doesn't. Opinions aren't allowed here unless you conform it seems like. This is like a night club well past it's shelf life. Like the old tavern nobody goes to that's hanging on a string with a few bitter people with a few things in common. I would guess this went from the number one forum (at least it felt that way back 10-15yrs ago) to the worst. Same lame topics, same people saying same stuff, same posts that rarely change. I'll log in and the newest thread or one commented on and it was the day before. Nothing new here. The old restaurant that never ulgraded or viewed change as a positive. Almost like a dictatorship with the ones still here that were here in the beginning. I'm sure this will get moved to spam so nobody sees it and I'm sure it won't be hard to guess who moved it. Or deleted because god forbid anyone have an opinion on this place. The stale posts are more exciting for some. Those big companiesos that couldn't take constructive criticism sure went on to be successful before being auctioned off.
    You are right, ever since @Master became a mod the place is shit

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    Every so often you'll get the I'm leaving thread. Or the this place is shit thread. The people who make these threads generally don't contribute much. Don't give the place the injection of life it apparently needs. People come, people go, things change. I wish lots of people would come back to the forum. Some just knowing they were still alive would be enough. I've never known anyone post an I'm leaving or an it's shit here thread and thought I'm really going to miss that guy/girl.

Master that was fucking tragic
    I know of at least 4 posters that would miss me. 3 more that would like to see me tortured too. It's what makes a legend most.

The forum is what it is. I find it ironic that people who never start any threads or post have the cheek to say that the direction is wrong or that it is this and that. Make the content. You can drive the car if you put the key in the ignition and put your foot down. You can be the most thought provoking or deathly quiet poster that you want to be. I don't start so many threads myself because I just want a quiet life, but that's where it is on others to rock the boat and push their own narratives, to make their own discussion etc. You want the forum to do certain things, then start some threads! I think all too many people just want to read the script, eat the popcorn, but give very little of themselves in return. It means they go missing, they avoid making that post, they never start that thread. It is those guys that let the forum down. Be brave, step out of the shadows, get on the stage and stare down the JFAT deniers.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

what a horrid slime-ball would write that ***MUCOUSY ASS-SALIVA*** only a piece of sand-paper would vomit so vile and revolting as the OP has done.

Attached Images

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Brock are you midway through a prostate examination in that picture?

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thinly veiled Master is a cunt thread.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Thread Information