Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
The question is who beats Taylor at 140? I think I'd only favor Mikey, Barthelemy, maybe Prograis and Relikh. I doubt Orozco can make 140 anymore, I'd see him stopping Indongo and Troyanovsky, favor him over Lipinets and Ramirez. Barrios I think he beats too. I don't want to over rate Taylor too much but most of those fights are winnable.
Got to watch it and at end I was thinking how great a result it was. The atmosphere and showcase with emphatic end. It dawned on me the level of attachment fans across the pond put into such a young whirlwind, there was so much mutual respect prior and even afterwards with Vazquez and convinced that type of fan base cannot help but propel and build a fighter. I'm not building to a 'buuuut' moment but I honestly saw him winning it prior almost on a 50-50 split..half to his ability, youth and drive, home base but also where Vazquez was exactly in overall career. The added weight and arguably the recent change up in his style fighting more frontal and far less mobility. He got Bone as a late replacement and just looked to be fighting almost more aggressively. When the speed, pressure and body work got to him he was forced to go backwards full time again, put in that awkward cagey game and you just cannot do that at this level. Guess what I'm saying is all the praise for a sensational win well earned..but I wouldn't call it a mirror to cleaning top names instantly and hope they don't push him into a wood chipper. No need to rush him to market right off with cream of the crop. He has a great foundation and time on his side. I'd personally steer clear of Lipinets just yet and so many are tied up now with Ramirez-Imam on deck, Barthelemy and Relikh ordered to rematch for vacant trinket. Crawford leaving has opened up a grab bag and surely Taylor is sitting pretty but like to see him watch the dust settle a bit.
Fully agree with everything said, although going of Lipinets' last outing I favor Taylor more so now. The division is wide open. I'm really high on Prograis too. Any of the Brits know the chances of Taylor fighting Catterall?