Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Groves v Eubank Jnr - WBSS Semi Final 17/2/18

I am sure there is a channel that you can order it from hidden away in the 900 channels near the adult channels. Not that I look there or anything.

Otherwise phone the virgin.

Or listen to it on radio 5 live with me.

(I do not want nuggetdotcom to draw the curtains if I am watching from outside his house)
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GAME View Post
    Just rewatched groves vs Froch and they said how groves was his own man and didn't need a trainer whereas Froch relied heavily on McCracken. It's a role reversal in this fight. Groves has matured since and admits he needs a strong cornerman in mguigan and eubank is the young naive guy who thinks he can do it all on his own. Wonder if it will play as a big a part as it did that night in 2013

ironically eubank was boasting about what he was doing at such a young age and groves pointed out he is only one year older than Chris. Groves had already had 3 world title fights by the time he was Eubanks age now. Eubank hasn't had 1 yet
    is that true? Did Groves say that? Because I specifically remember when he was sat on the apron after the fight, he was nearly in tears, giving credit to Paddy Fitzgerald for coming in after Booth fucked him over (ok, he didn't quite say that. )
    And he eventually got rid of Paddy (rightly or wrongly) because of the need for a top class trainer in his view.
    ps. I'm buzzing for this fight for 2 reasons.
    1. To see Groves outclass that Clown . And
    2. Because I will then become a "Saddo prediction World Champion!" "And the new!"

Pps. I have got one minor panic attack. Does anyone know how I book this through Virgin Media? I haven't seen anything come up.

I didnt hear him say it himself. The commentator mentioned it during round 1 I believe.it was probably said out of spite about Booth after the break up. George was in tears in the post fight interview thanking paddy but it reminded me that in the face to face (black room promo) in the build up to the rematch with Froch, groves was asking why Carl needed a sports physiologist and that he (George) doesn't need any help and Carl said there's no problem getting extra help. It's very similar to the dismissive approach eubank has now to external support whereas groves had to go though a learning experience (3 times) to realise you need Help and there's no harm admitting it
    Last edited by GAME; 02-16-2018 at 02:49 PM.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just rewatched groves vs Froch and they said how groves was his own man and didn't need a trainer whereas Froch relied heavily on McCracken. It's a role reversal in this fight. Groves has matured since and admits he needs a strong cornerman in mguigan and eubank is the young naive guy who thinks he can do it all on his own. Wonder if it will play as a big a part as it did that night in 2013

ironically eubank was boasting about what he was doing at such a young age and groves pointed out he is only one year older than Chris. Groves had already had 3 world title fights by the time he was Eubanks age now. Eubank hasn't had 1 yet
    is that true? Did Groves say that? Because I specifically remember when he was sat on the apron after the fight, he was nearly in tears, giving credit to Paddy Fitzgerald for coming in after Booth fucked him over (ok, he didn't quite say that. )
    And he eventually got rid of Paddy (rightly or wrongly) because of the need for a top class trainer in his view.
    2. Because I will then become a "Saddo prediction World Champion!" "And the new!"

Pps. I have got one minor panic attack. Does anyone know how I book this through Virgin Media? I haven't seen anything come up.

I didnt hear him say it himself. The commentator mentioned it during round 1 I believe.it was probably said out of spite about Booth after the break up. George was in tears in the post fight interview thanking paddy but it reminded me that in the face to face (black room promo) in the build up to the rematch with Froch, groves was asking why Carl needed a sports physiologist and that he (George) doesn't need any help and Carl said there's no problem getting extra help. It's very similar to the dismissive approach eubank has now to external support whereas groves had to go though a learning experience (3 times) to realise you need Help and there's no harm admitting it
    The Sports Psychologist thing was because Froch clearly lost it mentally in the first fight and couldn't work Groves out and was dismissive of him and arrogant.
    To be fair , it backfired on Groves because I think the Psychologist helped Froch enormously, you could see he was way more comfortable in the build up to the second fight, and Groves lost the mental ascendancy.
    But I don't think Groves has been arrogant like Froch had been, I think he was just being honest.
    I repeat, Groves has always known the importance of a good trainer.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Had a few quid on Groves MD (60/1), Groves SD (35/1) and Jr SD/MD (16/1, 35/1).

I fancy this is a points job. Groves is too smart to give him the toe-to-toe punchup he needs to have a chance, however, Jr will nick some rounds when Groves customary wilt occurs.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Groves M.D. 60/1 might have a few quid on that as well as the early Groves KO 😎

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The Sports Psychologist thing was because Froch clearly lost it mentally in the first fight and couldn't work Groves out and was dismissive of him and arrogant.
    To be fair , it backfired on Groves because I think the Psychologist helped Froch enormously, you could see he was way more comfortable in the build up to the second fight, and Groves lost the mental ascendancy.
    But I don't think Groves has been arrogant like Froch had been, I think he was just being honest.
    I repeat, Groves has always known the importance of a good trainer.
    Agreed about the 2nd fight build up. It was like night and day with Carl the 1st fight to the second. He wouldn't look George in the eye and was visibly angry 1st time. Going into the 2nd he was honest and engaging. The handshake pull across the table was hilarious.

During the rematch I think groves was boxing well but he began to get comfortable, dropped the left hand and got caught flush. Just 1 mistake was all it took. He was very alert in the 1st Froch fight and that's how he's got to be on Saturday. Can't wait

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hard fight to call. Initially I was with Groves but as its drawn closer I have sided with Chris. This is just based on recent form. He is gonna to be the quicker guy with the better engine but has to be smart early whilst George is at his most dangerous. If he comes out recklessly winging away with lead uppercuts then George is the type of fighter who can exploit that & end the contest. Still remains to be seen how Junior handles a punch having never met anyone as big or as good as Groves but if he has his father’s chin then I can see him getting past the 6th and entering his territory where George begins to fade. Although Groves boxed well vs Murray he was exhausted by the end. He was off balance he’s looked sloppy down the stretch in afew of his fights now. He starts sharp in all his fights minus Badou Jack and then begins to unravel.

It will be Groves’ tactic to stop Jnr from exploding with combinations, using his size and reach keeping it long it long. I don’t believe he will be looking for a KO like he said he is. Similar to the Degale fight Groves is wise and will try to be elusive to stop his opponent from getting set while shooting out a power jab that controls the action. It worked vs James but not Froch the second time. As it enters the second half I expect Groves to have a lead but as he tires he can’t afford to sit on the ropes. Junior loves unloading when an opponent is stationary so I see Groves having to move a lot and this will wear him out. He doesn’t seem to have natural stmina from what Ive seen. George will struggle to maintain his lead in the closing rounds & it may resemble the Saunders/Jnr fight where Chris finished strong after giving away early rounds. George carries more power but isn’t as gifted defensively as Saunders. Chris will start to get through and I can see a dodgy premature stoppage after a flurry or I can see Groves losing all the late rounds through loss of composure under fire. Eubank wins for me but Its not a confident pick.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Will Groves power be too much for Eubank Jnr?

Everybody knows where I stand on this fight. I believe Groves is too big, too heavy handed and too classy.
    However , I don't discount the possibility of Groves gassing late on and Eubank taking him. I think that's Eubank's only chance. I can almost visualise the fight.
    Round 1 - Groves, crouching, circling, pawing out the jab more as a distraction so Eubank can't get into any rhythm. Every time Eubank plants his foot to throw a heavy jab or overhand, Groves moves out of range.
    Towards the end of the round or maybe in the 2nd round, Eubank gets a tad frustrated and lunges forward, BIG MISTAKE! Groves counters him........and again.
    Depending on how many times he gets plugged coming in, we will then see what Eubank's stamina is like. It's great looking in great condition when you're attacking and connecting, but being hit saps your stamina.
    More of the same lunging from Eubank in rounds 3-6 and if Groves can stay disciplined and on his game plan, he should've built a healthy lead.
    This is not dissimilar to the Saunders v Eubank fight. in the 2nd half of the fight, it appeared that Eubank was getting back in the fight, but only because Saunders was seriously underconitioned.
    I don't think Groves is that bad, and I also believe if the MW Saunders can ride that storm, I'm sure BIG SMW Groves can .
    Look back at those last 6 rounds, and Eubank's work was very scruffy, almost bar room brawl stuff.
    What about Eubank's speed? Yeah he's quick, but it's his hands that are quick and they're only quick when he's allowed to plant his feet in range.
    He was allowed to do that against Abraham, because as we know, Abraham will stand there with his guard high and let him.
    In his last fight, I thought he looked the best he's ever been. But what do we know about Yildirim at the top level?
    We know he can dig because he knocked DeGale's teeth out in sparring, but very little movement.
    It's a fight I'm really looking forward to, and I hope I've got it right, but obviously not a foregone conclusion.
    Groves either by mid-late stoppage, or wide UD.
    ^^^^^ this is exactly how the fight will go.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Similar thoughts to most.

Groves will keep Jr from getting into a rhythm, he will be too powerful and will give Jr something to think about, Groves will keep it on the outside.
    I think that Jr's only real shot is if his beard is as anything like his old mans (remember we haven't seen him have a chin check yet) and if Groves slows down in the later rounds then Jr can get on the inside and throw large volumes of punches.

A controversial stoppage for Jr wouldn't surprise me at all

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Groves looks like a zombie.

Has he been at 168 too long?

https://youtu.be/535HRtdIFMo

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

@Fenster
    What's the best high street bookies to walk in and bet fella?
    Have to wait a week online to get the winnings back usually?
    PM me if you have any inside info/tips 😉

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

question: how do you both think that your opponent will handle defeat?
    Jr: (after completely getting the question wrong) I haven't thought about it, I'm not worried about him or his emotions, he's lost before, he's been definitively beaten, I haven't he knows how to lose, he has been knocked out, his chin has an off button, mine hasn't, he will take the loss in his stride he will sail off into the sunset and enjoy the money...I'm going to help you buy the boat George.

Groves: errrrr he'll probably blame his Dad and move down to middleweight

fucking brilliant answer from Groves there

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just watching Jr's last fight against Yildirim (or whatever the funkers name was)

Yildirim put the ear muffs on and walked forward, first round, Jr walkerd backwards popping out the jab, in that fight, Jr was most dangerous when he was agains't the ropes, because Yildirim was just walking forward and standing in front of him, that ain't going to happrn with Groves, a week ago I was thinking it was knocking on for a 50/50 fight (maybe 54/46 in favour of Groves) but the closer its getting the more I'm leaning towards Groves.

I've watched the pressers and I think Groves came off the better in them, I've watched pretty much everyone of both of their professional fights, I'm saying Groves will win quite comfortably, I'd love to see Groves KO Jr but I think it'll be points

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    This is getting me excited in anticipation of this fight.

Wonder where I can watch/hear it for free, does anyone know if radio has coverage?
    It is supposed to be shown on their Facebook and YouTube pages in the States. You might need to use a proxy to set your location to US.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    This is getting me excited in anticipation of this fight.

Wonder where I can watch/hear it for free, does anyone know if radio has coverage?
    It is supposed to be shown on their Facebook and YouTube pages in the States. You might need to use a proxy to set your location to US.
    @Master if you were a cool cat you could have gone round to our Nige's to watch it, you wouldn't have to pay for the fight, you would just have to pay for the cocaine and hookers

Thread Information