Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Canelo fails drugs test

Well this is unpredictable..... as well as being Lance Armstrong he's now been hiding bricks in his gloves and "cheating" by weighing the exact same as his contract stipulates.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Until the alphabet soup, VADA, the commissions etc all get on the same page and put in place strict rules then the circus will continue to roll on.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

In obvious news, Canelo has now tested clean on 2 tests since the failed one.

No kidding, it's out his system now Sherlock.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by palmerq View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Anybody do any research? Does this tainted meat thing actually happen in Mexico. We're the levels consistent with what canelo had. I figure it's quite likely he was doping but don't know the specifics
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...is-summer.html
    It certainly used to happen, this is from 2011. The NFL, usad and so on warn guys to watch out for Mexican and Chinese beef. It is possible he accidentally ingested it but according to the anti doping authorities he should have to prove that was the case... Maybe he did but I don't know. If it was accidental then canelo and his cooks are dum dums, it is a well known issue and why would he be buying beef from dodgy farmers the guy is rich and getting tested for a very big fight....
    Yes, Exactly... ROberto Garcia has said pretty much the same thing. With the money Canelo makes per fight, hes not relegated to getting meat from the bottom level provider.

https://youtu.be/ct9kOqrObqA
    They want your @$$ beat because upsets make news. News brings about excitement, excitement brings about ratings. The objective is to bring you up to the tower and tear your @$$ down. And if you don't believe that, you're crazy.

Roy Jones, Jr. "What I've Learned," Esquire 2003

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by J_Undisputed View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by palmerq View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Anybody do any research? Does this tainted meat thing actually happen in Mexico. We're the levels consistent with what canelo had. I figure it's quite likely he was doping but don't know the specifics
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...is-summer.html
    It certainly used to happen, this is from 2011. The NFL, usad and so on warn guys to watch out for Mexican and Chinese beef. It is possible he accidentally ingested it but according to the anti doping authorities he should have to prove that was the case... Maybe he did but I don't know. If it was accidental then canelo and his cooks are dum dums, it is a well known issue and why would he be buying beef from dodgy farmers the guy is rich and getting tested for a very big fight....
    Yes, Exactly... ROberto Garcia has said pretty much the same thing. With the money Canelo makes per fight, hes not relegated to getting meat from the bottom level provider.

https://youtu.be/ct9kOqrObqA
    Well we don't test every piece of meat we eat. I'm not exonerating the guy just thinking. If it was tainted beef it would suck as it will always be on his legacy, if not, he should be banned

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post

I agree... I'm not saying he deliberately juiced up but I'm saying the doping now is not like the doping before. The guys that used to juice before, did it to coincide with the time they were meant to perform which is why they got caught so often.

Now the typical fighter looking to get that edge does it in the start of training or cycles before training so they reap the benefits during training (muscle growth, quick repair/ rest, stamina for longer conditioning that a clean fighter is not able to. This may also be why we have this hemming and hawing over contract signings now a days and then all of sudden, bang the guy signs the contract a month before the fight rather than 3. Because the doping agencies cant start testing you until the contract is signed. By then you've had a chance to do your own test and make sure you test clean enough. I say clean enough because there isn't a zero tolerance rule for some things like clenbuterol or testosterone, you just have to test within the highest tolerance allowed. So if there is someone out there in his 20's that is a genetic freak knuckle dragger, bulked up , cut and has 5 o clock shadow on his eyeballs, its abnormal but natural, the range is adjusted so he's the high end. Now all the guys boosting their testosterone are measuring in at the level of the genetic freak but it still legal as long as they don't test positive for the booster or a masking agent.

So the cycles already done, the muscles already been acquired, the stamina levels raised, and repair agents have allowed them to work out every day rather than every other day. They cycle off and continue training to maintain the muscles already built, keep the fat off, and endurance high. Their body's undergone a physiological change which allows them to do so without the same amount of effort (for a limited amount of time) but PED itself is already fading away. (remember the only way roy jones was able to get down to light heavy for the tarver fight after bulking up naturally with mackie schillstone, was to eat nothing and run so his body would start feeding off the muscle-- which left him weak and drawn with no energy... Continuing to weight train with less food wouldn't do it, neither would eating the same with training less)

If it does indeed boost performance, one has to wonder if the tainted cow is by design. The research I posted previously says the animals break the clenbuterol down into similar compounds (maybe these are more natural or not tested for) and most of the clenbuterol builds up in the organs of the animals. The ingested tainted beef clenbuterol is obviously allowed to a certain degree and similar safer compounds that are also ingested could be the intended results and they are essentially filtering these substances through the cows to make them safer and reduce them to passable levels.
    They want your @$$ beat because upsets make news. News brings about excitement, excitement brings about ratings. The objective is to bring you up to the tower and tear your @$$ down. And if you don't believe that, you're crazy.

Roy Jones, Jr. "What I've Learned," Esquire 2003

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Never thought of that, but that is some next level thinking...

We have more than 50+ years of proof that hormones, antibiotics, fertilizers, and even what the animals eat impact us... so, because we also know that the body only accepts/uses about 30% of fortified foods/supplements, (rice, vitamins, supplements--all of it--most of it you don't use), I wonder if passing them through animals would be a better delivery system?
    If it does indeed boost performance, one has to wonder if the tainted cow is by design. The research I posted previously says the animals break the clenbuterol down into similar compounds (maybe these are more natural or not tested for) and most of the clenbuterol builds up in the organs of the animals. The ingested tainted beef clenbuterol is obviously allowed to a certain degree and similar safer compounds that are also ingested could be the intended results and they are essentially filtering these substances through the cows to make them safer and reduce them to passable levels.
    "...went 12 rounds with Ali, and never took a backwards step."

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree... I'm not saying he deliberately juiced up but I'm saying the doping now is not like the doping before. The guys that used to juice before, did it to coincide with the time they were meant to perform which is why they got caught so often.

Now the typical fighter looking to get that edge does it in the start of training or cycles before training so they reap the benefits during training (muscle growth, quick repair/ rest, stamina for longer conditioning that a clean fighter is not able to. This may also be why we have this hemming and hawing over contract signings now a days and then all of sudden, bang the guy signs the contract a month before the fight rather than 3. Because the doping agencies cant start testing you until the contract is signed. By then you've had a chance to do your own test and make sure you test clean enough. I say clean enough because there isn't a zero tolerance rule for some things like clenbuterol or testosterone, you just have to test within the highest tolerance allowed. So if there is someone out there in his 20's that is a genetic freak knuckle dragger, bulked up , cut and has 5 o clock shadow on his eyeballs, its abnormal but natural, the range is adjusted so he's the high end. Now all the guys boosting their testosterone are measuring in at the level of the genetic freak but it still legal as long as they don't test positive for the booster or a masking agent.

So the cycles already done, the muscles already been acquired, the stamina levels raised, and repair agents have allowed them to work out every day rather than every other day. They cycle off and continue training to maintain the muscles already built, keep the fat off, and endurance high. Their body's undergone a physiological change which allows them to do so without the same amount of effort (for a limited amount of time) but PED itself is already fading away. (remember the only way roy jones was able to get down to light heavy for the tarver fight after bulking up naturally with mackie schillstone, was to eat nothing and run so his body would start feeding off the muscle-- which left him weak and drawn with no energy... Continuing to weight train with less food wouldn't do it, neither would eating the same with training less)

Is that actuaĺ fact that boxers can't be tested until they are contracted to fight?
    That's fucking insane if that's the case, in most sports (football in the UK for example) they can turn up or call you in to be tested 24/7 - 365 days of the year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah, they're all cheating... (if they can afford it).

Is that actuaĺ fact that boxers can't be tested until they are contracted to fight?
    That's fucking insane if that's the case, in most sports (football in the UK for example) they can turn up or call you in to be tested 24/7 - 365 days of the year.[/QUOTE]
    "...went 12 rounds with Ali, and never took a backwards step."

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A cheat's a cheat, no matter how you slice it. Too many great fighters have gone to great lengths to avoid being caught up in cheating controversy, for us to believe any cockamamie excuse thrown at us by cheaters. The tainted meat problem in Mexico is well known and well documented. Canelo and his team, who I'll assume have at least average IQ's, MUST know that this is a potential issue and could come up at any moment. Knowing that, you avoid certain situations. Money in this case is no object. So to be caught with your pants down and claim tainted meat rings hollow. Then again, I'm not surprised.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post

That's fucking insane if that's the case, in most sports (football in the UK for example) they can turn up or call you in to be tested 24/7 - 365 days of the year.
    I know that the WBC has their so called clean boxing program where the top 15 fighters in each division have to enroll for year round testing. I'm not sure if Canelo is enrolled or not due to his spat with the WBC prior to the 1st GGG fight.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm no expert and would appreciate anyone with extended knowledge on subjects opinions but I'm sure you can cycle out a lot with IV infusions.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm no expert and would appreciate anyone with extended knowledge on subjects opinions but I'm sure you can cycle out a lot with IV infusions.
    You mean pull a Mayweather, though strictly for rehydration purposes surely. Of course. And your exemption comes after the fight takes place .

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    You mean pull a Mayweather, though strictly for rehydration purposes surely. Of course. And your exemption comes after the fight takes place .
    I wasn't exactly referring to that, but yeah kinda. For over a decade or more there has been talk of cycling off PEDs to avoid testing, all the cycling stuff etc, using IV's has to speed up the cleaning out process, no?
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    I wasn't exactly referring to that, but yeah kinda. For over a decade or more there has been talk of cycling off PEDs to avoid testing, all the cycling stuff etc, using IV's has to speed up the cleaning out process, no?
    Victor Conte, on Steve Kim's podcast, said by time they get to the testing stage they've weaned off the drug, what's being found is the remnants. I know this is isn't about Floyd but he called his image of a "clean fighter" a facade, as he'd never once been tested out of competition when the drugs are actually being used.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Thread Information