Mentioned
    1674 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Canelo fails drugs test

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    I wonder what the response would have been if it was Golovkin? Would Golden Boy have bought the dodgy meat line?
    They would have cancelled the fight in disgust at this abuse and found a "suitable" replacement for the ppv event.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

http://www.espn.co.uk/boxing/story/_...golovkin-fight

I've only put the link in to show the letter.

Now I'm no expert on this subject, or any other for that matter but why would VADA be suggesting that this is due to contaminated meat? Surely there job is to test, analyse and publish (to the appropriate parties), right? The question of why there is an adverse result is one for the boxer and his team isn't it?

Excuse me Mr Canelo, you've got clenbuterol in your piss but it's fine, it's probably from super cow or horse, happens all the time in Mexico. What say you?

Yeah thats right, it's the urm horse cow thing. Sorry.

The whole thing appears to suggest that no one really gives a fuck about it, nothing will be done. The ambiguity needs to be removed and responsibility for what fighters are putting in their systems needs to be put on them. This is the level, if you are over you fucked up and you're going to get fucked.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    Maybe he's telling the truth...I mean if he has been eating any cows that look like this

Humans are so cruel.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Reminds me of some kids back in the day who pleaded "sesame seeds" with a straight face when busted in piss tests . It really has become the wink and nod crutch lately and allows the work around. Nery had the same thing and wbc officials held his hand. It won't be the last either. Shoe was on the other foot Golovkin would be scrutinized and treated like a lab rat.

Seems like it runs the gamut in sports as tennis players, soccer players years ago and more and more mma guys are throwing up the 'tainted meat' card.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Clen is usually used for weight loss. Ive used it before, it killed my cardio....dropped that shit immediately

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Reminds me of some kids back in the day who pleaded "sesame seeds" with a straight face when busted in piss tests . It really has become the wink and nod crutch lately and allows the work around. Nery had the same thing and wbc officials held his hand. It won't be the last either. Shoe was on the other foot Golovkin would be scrutinized and treated like a lab rat.

Seems like it runs the gamut in sports as tennis players, soccer players years ago and more and more mma guys are throwing up the 'tainted meat' card.
    Poppy seeds bruh.....poppy seeds.....Sesame seeds? What are they testing for Chinese food?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm one of those people that assumes they are all cheating in some way, shape, or form. Equally, I believe that it's a professional responsibility to stay as close to the line of "cheating" without doing so.

Further, I would love to see these entities (such as BALCO, if you remember them: Barry Bonds, Sugar Shane, et al), be allowed to operate free and clear, but put under a fiduciary agreement where the athletes can sue for damages, (much like CPA agreements).
    "...went 12 rounds with Ali, and never took a backwards step."

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The federal government increased the threshold of opiates a while ago as it was possible to test positive from poppy seeds. We aren't tested for the drug but for the metabolites of a drug. I don't trust all tests, some of the instant tests will pop for certain things and be cleared in confirmation tests. A lab tech in Massachusetts was arrested for reporting hundreds of court ordered urine tests positive when they were not. If it's true this beef causes the metabolites of this drug I'd like to know how many of the Mexican population (non athletes) test for this thing and if it's at levels matching canelos. I'm not sticking up for him just want the entire picture

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't believe a word of Team Canelos contaminate meat story, Fucks sake the guys an elite fighter and professional athlete and i don't see that many more Mexican fighters suffering the same fate?

Apparently Canelo is even on record (according to Sky Sports Spencer Oliver)saying that he doesn't even eat that much meat in his diet.

Take a look at Canelos physical transformation over the past few years and this all looks like he's guilty as fuck.

This is not Tennis where using PEDs might make your backhand more powerful, this is a brutal combat sport where having extra strength advantages can easily result in the death of your opponent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Those pictures would be evidence of a steroid body if the growth was over 3-6 months, not years. That kind of growth of years is very, very possible. With world class trainers, nutritionists, (great genetics)--you could do that in year pretty easily.

But did he cheat? They all are IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    I don't believe a word of Team Canelos contaminate meat story, Fucks sake the guys an elite fighter and professional athlete and i don't see that many more Mexican fighters suffering the same fate?

Apparently Canelo is even on record (according to Sky Sports Spencer Oliver)saying that he doesn't even eat that much meat in his diet.

Take a look at Canelos physical transformation over the past few years and this all looks like he's guilty as fuck.

This is not Tennis where using PEDs might make your backhand more powerful, this is a brutal combat sport where having extra strength advantages can easily result in the death of your opponent.

"...went 12 rounds with Ali, and never took a backwards step."

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Question Re: Canelo fails drugs test

Quote Originally Posted by hfahrenheit View Post
    Those pictures would be evidence of a steroid body if the growth was over 3-6 months, not years. That kind of growth of years is very, very possible. With world class trainers, nutritionists, (great genetics)--you could do that in year pretty easily.

But did he cheat? They all are IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post

I don't know, those pics are a bit Barry bonds mark McGuire like, it certainly is supicous

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

After multiple tests of Mexican fighters failing, wouldn’t it be time to provide evidence that the meat does create a positive test? It would seem pretty easy to do. Also, after multiple circumstances like this, wouldn’t a nutritionist know that if you were living in Mexico you would need to be careful the kind of meat you ate? And wouldn’t it be discussed before the testing is official to claim that certain meats can give you a positive test?

I mean this is a high profile fight. I don’t buy for a second that things wouldn’t have been figured out before this all occurred.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have no doubt had Golovkin tested dirty the fight would be off.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post

The federal government increased the threshold of opiates a while ago as it was possible to test positive from poppy seeds. We aren't tested for the drug but for the metabolites of a drug. I don't trust all tests, some of the instant tests will pop for certain things and be cleared in confirmation tests. A lab tech in Massachusetts was arrested for reporting hundreds of court ordered urine tests positive when they were not. If it's true this beef causes the metabolites of this drug I'd like to know how many of the Mexican population (non athletes) test for this thing and if it's at levels matching canelos. I'm not sticking up for him just want the entire picture
    Didn't help us those dumb kids in 87 who knew they were dirty and given bad advice . Nothing like trying to legitimize bogus field tests to run up the docket and that tech probably had a push. I don't trust instant tests and good point about confirmations after the fact. We've come along way from 'pee in this bottle'. Do they use hair follicle tests for athletes? I don't doubt that chemicals, broad term, are used in farm animals for purpose of sale and even more so less regulated outside of the U.S and can see contamination happening. Local population certainly runs the risk also. But it's not like these million dollar athletes are walking open air markets clamoring for the freshest same day cuts or limited in menu options. At some point they need to except testing dirty as testing dirty, who cares where a guy ate. The silence of promoters and commissions to actually avoid it happening and instead make excuses or near justifications yells volumes and guarantees it'll continue.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I have no doubt had Golovkin tested dirty the fight would be off.
    For sure. It would have been an easy out. They are forced into this rematch because they got a gift draw and know that if they don’t give a rematch then they can never be taken seriously again.

Thread Information