Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Dillian Whyte v Lucas Browne - 24/3/18 - O2 London

Should not have let him have that round. Terrible knockout. A pool of blood seeped out around his face on the canvas. Was very worried there. Glad he is ok and that's what matters.
    Saddo Fantasy Premier League
    2011/12 - 2nd
    2012/13 -1st Hidden Content
    2013/14 - 3rd (Master won)

Saddo World Cup Dream Team
    2014 - 1st Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    If promoters cannot sell Whyte v Wilder they are not made for the gig.
    Think he wants Haye.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    Whytes first words will be something along the lines of 'this is why Deontay Wilder doesn't want to fight me, this is why he turned down 7 million pounds to fight me'
    You win . Perfect match me thinks with Wilder wanting AJ aka fans.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Think he wants Haye.
    No he wants Wilder

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Think he wants Haye.
    Who .

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That's not a problem, Wilder has been turning down fortunes to face Whyte, he'll turndown even more now.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wilder may as well fight Whyte, as he's unlikely to get a shot at AJ anyway. Been reading that AJ will turn down a 50-50 split with Wilder if and when they have a unification fight. He'll also insist the fight be held in the UK because, in the words of AJ, he's the much bigger draw. I like both fighters (AJ and Wilder), but it seems AJ's closing the door on a possible fight down the road before negotiations even begin. I wonder why that is.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wilder turned down $4 million to face Whyte, bear in mind he got $2 million against Ortiz, but even taking 10% cut against Joshua will beat his career best high payday.

Lots of people rubbishing the win because of Brownes shape, incredible how little boxing most fans watch if it doesn't take place in America. Browne was no different to he always is.

Incidentally it was again the left hook from Whyte that popped him. No right hand Whyte (upstairs at least)

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Wilder turned down $4 million to face Whyte, bear in mind he got $2 million against Ortiz, but even taking 10% cut against Joshua will beat his career best high payday.

Lots of people rubbishing the win because of Brownes shape, incredible how little boxing most fans watch if it doesn't take place in America. Browne was no different to he always is.

Incidentally it was again the left hook from Whyte that popped him. No right hand Whyte (upstairs at least)
    My problem with Browne is that I hadn't seen him since before his ban so I admittedly couldn't really remember how he looked before that.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Wilder may as well fight Whyte, as he's unlikely to get a shot at AJ anyway. Been reading that AJ will turn down a 50-50 split with Wilder if and when they have a unification fight. He'll also insist the fight be held in the UK because, in the words of AJ, he's the much bigger draw. I like both fighters (AJ and Wilder), but it seems AJ's closing the door on a possible fight down the road before negotiations even begin. I wonder why that is.
    AJ is playing hard ball with those demands but so is Wilder with his 50%. They will compromise in the end because AJ wants to unify and Wilder wants to cash out as he is likely to lose.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

My problem with Browne is that I hadn't seen him since before his ban so I admittedly couldn't really remember how he looked before that.
    I wasn't talking about anyone here mate, I know most people here have watched them fight before.

Was listening to a silly fans phone-in on youtube, full of Americans saying Whyte is garbage and doesn't "deserve" Wilder, he needs to beat an American and stop facing UK bums (yeah.. Australia/UK/Finland all the same to them).

Oh and Joshua is a straight right ducker pussy, every caller agreed on that.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I wasn't talking about anyone here mate, I know most people here have watched them fight before.

Was listening to a silly fans phone-in on youtube, full of Americans saying Whyte is garbage and doesn't "deserve" Wilder, he needs to beat an American and stop facing UK bums (yeah.. Australia/UK/Finland all the same to them).

Oh and Joshua is a straight right ducker pussy, every caller agreed on that.
    Wilder is going the way of Spinks, career high pay day and retires after he loses.

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well its pretty evident that Lucas Browne was shot.
    Whatever he had in the past had long gone , fat slow and no technique , many novice HWs would have defeated him tonight.
    Whyte beat what was in front of him , but lets be honest he didn't beat much.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lucas Browne looked like an old man on dodgy knees. Plotting around stiff legged while pawing and throwing half punches. To be honest, I never saw the guy before as hes never been given any time over here and any curiosity raised for me was kind of snuffed out by the doping allegation. I don't think it really detracted from Whytes performance. There were a few times that Whyte was going to the well once too often with the same punches and looked a tad predictable but that's because he had the luxury of trying to telegraph a highlight KO because he browne who couldn't hurt him and was practically out on his feet lumbering after him creating opportunities. I don't think Whyte is an unstoppable force but he certainly showed he was paces above browne.

Wilder wont fight him because he knows Whyte's smart enough to see the counter opportunities if he misses and quick/ aggressive enough to capitalize on them. There's always a chance that Whyte misjudges the distance (as many have in the inside ring) and fail Wilders obvious 1,2 litmus test, drops like a sack of doorknobs and then spends the rest of his time in there snake bitten and on the retreat. Whyte's not there but has the potential to become Wilders Kryptonite (an aggressive jabber with fresher legs and head movement, that will keep Wilder from planting his feet; while at the same time setting himself up to punch from the mid range where Wilder's leverage drops off.)
    They want your @$$ beat because upsets make news. News brings about excitement, excitement brings about ratings. The objective is to bring you up to the tower and tear your @$$ down. And if you don't believe that, you're crazy.

Roy Jones, Jr. "What I've Learned," Esquire 2003

Thread Information