I don't think AJ is going to be bigger in the US. Deontay Wilder isn't all that big and he's only fought in the US. Wilder-AJ needs to happen in England just because the fight fans are most up for it there.

There's no telling who the next big thing will be for American boxing. There's a number of fighters who have/do deserve more attention but for whatever reason they're not getting it at the moment. It's like Floyd doesn't want to pass the torch, De la Hoya didn't want to, Hopkins didn't want to, RJJ didn't want to, Mike Tyson, Lennox Lewis, Evander Holyfield didn't want to, it's a shame. Now there is also the idea that these fighters need to seize the opportunity they have as young fighters get on TV, get some deals to sell products.....I guess they really do need promoters, maybe Wilder could have used a Don King to build him up, but who knows. For whatever reason the hype isn't there, the hype should have been there 5 years ago with these guys, but whatever.

Now don't get me wrong, if Wilder-AJ happens in Vegas or NYC it would get sold out, but the British fans travel really well so I'd still almost suspect AJ to have the crowd rooting for him wherever he goes. Not that it'll bother Wilder.