Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Vasyl Lomachenko v Jorge Linares on May 12th NYC

Yea Garcia can wait for the waters to clear with Loma/ Linares, then force the winner into a bout at 140.

Baranchyk is a beast but I see Mikey picking him off in another competitive bout. I don't see many easy fights for him at 140 if he fights the top guys.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What a professional fight is is defined.

No headgear, no shirt, getting paid. Loma didn't fight for a title in his 2nd pro fight. He had like 6 pro fights before his "pro" career began. He is one of the best, he was ready to fight championship level.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post

No headgear, no shirt, getting paid. Loma didn't fight for a title in his 2nd pro fight. He had like 6 pro fights before his "pro" career began. He is one of the best, he was ready to fight championship level.

Splitting hairs here, but ok. So Lomachenko fought in the World Series of Boxing between '12 and '13, and some consider those "pro" fights. Depends on who you talk to, I guess. Lomachenko himself would argue they were NOT professional fights, seeing as to how he was trying to set a new world record for winning a world title in the fewest number of pro fights. The facts themselves would seem to support Lomachenko, what with the 5-round fight limits, and an apparent difference in the gloves. (There's other differences as well). Doesn't matter, really. Throughout the history of boxing, there's been more than a handful of fighters out of the gate who appear to be something special from the start of their pro career. And I'm not talking 40-0 taking on a bunch of bums in your backyard. I'm talking guys who climb quickly in the course of 10-15 pro fights, with ever increasing quality of opponent. Soon they get their shot. But it's not some artificial ruse to "set some record" or anything like that. Again, Lomachenko proved to be worthy. My point is so would have lots of other guys who ended up having to wait.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post

Splitting hairs here, but ok. So Lomachenko fought in the World Series of Boxing between '12 and '13, and some consider those "pro" fights. Depends on who you talk to, I guess. Lomachenko himself would argue they were NOT professional fights, seeing as to how he was trying to set a new world record for winning a world title in the fewest number of pro fights. The facts themselves would seem to support Lomachenko, what with the 5-round fight limits, and an apparent difference in the gloves. (There's other differences as well). Doesn't matter, really. Throughout the history of boxing, there's been more than a handful of fighters out of the gate who appear to be something special from the start of their pro career. And I'm not talking 40-0 taking on a bunch of bums in your backyard. I'm talking guys who climb quickly in the course of 10-15 pro fights, with ever increasing quality of opponent. Soon they get their shot. But it's not some artificial ruse to "set some record" or anything like that. Again, Lomachenko proved to be worthy. My point is so would have lots of other guys who ended up having to wait.
    I get ya, not even arguing with you. Was just saying dude was getting paid, fighting without headgear or a shirt. By the people that defined what a professional fight is he was a professional fighter. Just talking, not disagreeing or agreeing.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post

I get ya, not even arguing with you. Was just saying dude was getting paid, fighting without headgear or a shirt. By the people that defined what a professional fight is he was a professional fighter. Just talking, not disagreeing or agreeing.

You got a valid point, though. Sometimes the line between amateur and pro becomes blurred, and this is probably one of those instances. Regardless, you'll get no argument from me that Loma is in fact a special talent. Looking forward to his future fights.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

THE WBA WORLD LIGHTWEIGHT TITLE

BoxNation have renewed their long-standing output deal with promoters Top Rank which will see the highly anticipated World Title showdown between pound-for-pound star Vasyl Lomachenko and WBA Lightweight Champion Jorge Linares screened live and exclusive.
    Sky customers can use code CHAMPIONS when buying BoxNation for free registration (usually £. Offer ends midnight on Saturday 19th May.
    The May 12th clash will see Ukrainian star Lomachenko move up to the 135-pound weight division as he looks to become a three-weight World Champion in only his 12th outing as a professional.
    However, he faces one of boxing’s very best in Venezuelan hotshot Linares who is riding a 13-bout unbeaten streak dating back to 2012 and will be looking to prove to 30-year-old Lomachenko that he has bitten off more than he can chew with his move up.
    "This is the fight that boxing fans wanted. This will be a super fight between two of the best champions," Linares said. "Not only will I demonstrate why I'm the best Lightweight in the world, but also that I'm one of the best pound-for-pound fighters in the world. I have the speed, skill and power to win this battle. This May 12, Vasyl Lomachenko will bow down to 'King' Jorge."
    Taking place at the iconic Madison Square Garden, 'Hi-Tech' Lomachenko can’t wait to grace the famous arena.
    "We are very excited about the fight. It should be a great one. Fans from around the world have been waiting for Jorge and me to fight," Lomachenko said. "We appreciate the work Top Rank did to put this fight together, and thanks to the television networks that helped make it happen. I am looking forward to May 12 in New York to make my debut in the big arena at Madison Square Garden."

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Linares will get sliced and diced by Loma. I am not looking forward to this.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post

All proper fight fans should want to watch a guy who looks set to become a 3 weight world champion in only his 12th pro contest

I wanna see Loma in with Gervonta Davis sometime soon

Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would like to see Linares win. Rudy Hernandez, brother and trainer of the late Genaro Hernandez, will be in the corner. A win over Loma will be big for him. When Rudy fought he won the Forum welterweight tournament, then took some time off and came back as a heavyweight.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by greynotsoold View Post
    I would like to see Linares win. Rudy Hernandez, brother and trainer of the late Genaro Hernandez, will be in the corner. A win over Loma will be big for him. When Rudy fought he won the Forum welterweight tournament, then took some time off and came back as a heavyweight.
    I am rooting for Linares, but I highly doubt he can win it.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lomachenko will win every single round, it's his footwork and speed that let him offer every punch in the book before the opponent knows what the fuck is happening.

We really are riding with a living legend with this guy.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post

All proper fight fans should want to watch a guy who looks set to become a 3 weight world champion in only his 12th pro contest

That fight is even more one sided.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post

That fight is even more one sided.
    All roads lead to Loma v Garcia as the best of the best fighting for the p4p title.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Thread Information