Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: Who would you like to see Kell Brook fight next?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Brooks next opponent

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Brooks next opponent

Yep it's a difficult one, and I totally get where you're coming from - but the biggest money for probably the easiest fight ?

Guess this fight has been brewing for so long many of us would just like to see it - i still say the Prescott fight was the best vfm for a ppv for me ever !
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by mark tko View Post
    yep it's a difficult one, and i totally get where you're coming from - but the biggest money for probably the easiest fight ?

Guess this fight has been brewing for so long many of us would just like to see it - i still say the prescott fight was the best vfm for a ppv for me ever !
    Yep.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    The winner of Lara/Hurd for me. Why mess about at this stage of his career?
    Even for Brooks who main evented his wins and losses I cant see a two trinket Haymon winner traveling for him now. Bring him back Stateside maybe in opponent role? But he's actually bigger than both regardless of trinkets. Lara couldn't sell girl scout cookies at Coachella. Tough spot for Brooks. Charlos in the water if he's felling froggy.
    I think he loses to both too. Hurd stops him and Lara outboxes him. Ali/ Smith winner to get another 'title', Khan for a payday, Eggington or Skeete for a domestic scrap.
    Yeh didn't think of Ali-Smith winner. Smith makes all the convenient sense in the world. I've gone from hot to lukewarm on Hurd. He looked like a sure thing for a minute but seriously wonder about his motivation and career span with the leaky defense he's been showing. Should he bulldoze Lara I give Brook a 50-50 shot, but lets see how he fairs with Lara.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thumbs up Re: Brooks next opponent

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Well it all depends how you view Boxing. If people are happy paying for Bullshit fights and guys earning massive money for not extending themselves (and a lot of people obviously are) then Khan is a no brainer.
    I don’t want to sound up my own ass about this, because I would quite like to see him spark out Khan, but I’m also aware of how little it means and how much it says about what he wants out of his career.
    But if Brook believes he has anything left and is “the Man” at this division, like he says, then he needs to push towards a title shot and then unifications. That doesn’t mean stepping in with Charlo straight away, but a fight that pushes him in that direction. Maybe a Castano or Bundrage off the top of my head.
    He’s only had 5 minutes at the weight, if he’s serious, like anyone , he needs to develop into a contender at a weight above.
    One thing’s for sure, we’ll soon now what his intentions are and what he truly believes by the next choice of opponent.

Couldnt agree with this more.. Why would anyone want to see him fight Khan, who has been washed up for at least the past 3 years. As a boxing fan i want to see him fight someone who gives him a competitive fight, not who draws the biggest crowd or makes the most money. People sound more like managers/promoters than actual fans, lol.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Khan is now 7 years removed from being a champion. I'm the era where everyone is a champion. 7 years!

Brook needs to make a fight that matters or please people, stop making threads about him. Khan does not matter. I hear it over and over but I don't believe UK fans are dense enough to pay for Brook/Khan. You all know better

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Khan is now 7 years removed from being a champion. I'm the era where everyone is a champion. 7 years!

Brook needs to make a fight that matters or please people, stop making threads about him. Khan does not matter. I hear it over and over but I don't believe UK fans are dense enough to pay for Brook/Khan. You all know better
    Stop making threads about him? You might not rate or understand why people are a fan of Brook but he is an active fighter who fought very recently and is very well respected, not just here in the UK. Even Khan for all his detractors is nowhere near as useless as people would like to make out. The trouble with Khan is he has a big mouth and so people love to hate him. It's why people would like to see Brook shut him up and finish his career. This is prizefighting and the potential prize for both in a fight is huge. Not just that. Boxing has always been inextricably bound up with entertainment. If you think it just a 'Sport' then you are as clueless as the people you are mocking. Brook v Khan is an entertainment spectacle. You could not have designed it better if you were Tex Rickard or Don King. Fast Loud Mouthed glass jawed opponent against respected Boxer/Puncher in big stadium showdown. A ten year + rivalry
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Thread Information