Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Bellew v Haye 2 - 5/5/18 - O2 London

The obvious failing of his body aside, Haye looked like dogshite in the first fight. No timing, no power, a complete lack of or abandonment of boxing fundamentals. Even when his leg fell off his only retort was to back away, cover up a bit and swing the occasional arm punch.

He knows how Bellew will play it, he'll be playing the waiting game giving Haye every opportunity to do the work for him and fall apart. Haye is either going to have to be equally as patient, or he's going to have to dig a proper laser guided right hand out of the vault.

If Haye's body holds up and he wins this fight with ease then I suggest we all go vegan immediately.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    The obvious failing of his body aside, Haye looked like dogshite in the first fight. No timing, no power, a complete lack of or abandonment of boxing fundamentals. Even when his leg fell off his only retort was to back away, cover up a bit and swing the occasional arm punch.

He knows how Bellew will play it, he'll be playing the waiting game giving Haye every opportunity to do the work for him and fall apart. Haye is either going to have to be equally as patient, or he's going to have to dig a proper laser guided right hand out of the vault.

If Haye's body holds up and he wins this fight with ease then I suggest we all go vegan immediately.

This is exactly why i'm thinking this could well be a very cagey fight or at least cagey first half of the fight, the only way i see Haye winning is to sit back and counter like he did against Enzo Maccarinelli.

Problem is that's Bellews game so i can see them both just circling each other for ages until things heat up.

I also don't think Haye can throw that right hand Hayemaker effectively in a straight line anymore due to his shoulder injury which is why he was missing Bellew by miles with those huge looping/lunging right hooks.

Somewhere down the line this will catch fire as Haye could well be in desperation mode and need a KO later on to save his career.

One thing this fight should guarantee is drama at some stage but i think we'll see a cagey opening unlike last time where it was a shoot out from the off.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

In the real world , I couldn’t give 2 shits about this fight. But in “Saddo prediction championship” World, I’m really concerned that Haye is gonna lose me my titles.
    You don’t have the injuries that Haye has had at his age and come back strong.
    I’ve just watched the behind the ropes programme and Haye doesn’t do any running or mobility work, he doesn’t appear to do any sparring, then he thinks he can go in the ring on fight night and the timing will just come.
    It didn’t last time and it won’t this time.
    What fucking annoys me most, is that this all makes Bellew look like a decent fighter. Never have I seen anybody over achieve by as much as he has.
    To think he became a World Champion, and earned mega bucks , whereas Herrol Graham for example never really disappoints me.
    No doubt I’m gonna get slated for this , but fuck it.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think he was missing with those shots in the first fight because he had no legs from the off. Whatever was plaguing him finally went during the fight making it even worse. You don't come out with bad footwork like that out of nowhere. I think Haye thought it would be an easy nights work and thought he could go in there and bomb his man out. Not to be. Hopefully he is healed and can give a good fight.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    What fucking annoys me most, is that this all makes Bellew look like a decent fighter. Never have I seen anybody over achieve by as much as he has.
    To think he became a World Champion, and earned mega bucks , whereas Herrol Graham for example never really disappoints me.
    Mate, you are spot on.

No slagging off coming from me on that one.
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Haye insulted everyone including himself turning up out of shape (in every way) in that first fight.

Lets see if he learnt from that.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Haye has to go back to basics and respect Bellew.

Haye must use his natural size, boxing skills, speed and the win will come. He does not have to look for the knock out. Bellew is too good to try and smash up.

Haye looks like he knows this and is taking Bellew very seriously.

Bellew is trying to play "mind games" and try to get in Haye's head because that is the only way he knows he can win.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just watched the public workout, Bellew looks fast as fuck and Haye looks slim... 15.5 stone thin and in great shape, also was pissing sweat and breathing heavy after a 10 minute pad session.
    Looks really flat footed Haye as well.
    I'm looking forward to Joshua Buatsi in his first 8 rounder and I hope Sky stick him on live tv unlike last time where he was on about 5.30pm on the YouTube stream.
    Quartey/Hagler/Holyfield all rolled into one this kid and he's going far.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Haye actually put up his own posters today 😂
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/boxing...-what-12466356

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I try not to put too much into public workouts but fuck me Haye looked terrible. His mechanics looked awful. He looked like a bloke who used to box 20 years ago and has just stuck a pair of gloves on for the first time.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I try not to put too much into public workouts but fuck me Haye looked terrible. His mechanics looked awful. He looked like a bloke who used to box 20 years ago and has just stuck a pair of gloves on for the first time.
    He can't be that bad?
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    He can't be that bad?

Yeah Haye really looked flat yesterday.

Anyone just catch the final presser?

Hayes team hired out the guy from the inbetweeners to gatecrash the show after Bellew said Hayes manager looked like the guy from the show the other day

Heads came together and Bellew bit first and shoved Haye across the stage which ended proceedings - handbags at most

Check this out at 59 minutes

Last edited by smashup; 05-04-2018 at 05:55 AM.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This has done the PPV sales no harm at all as it's already gone viral

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That’s a fucking classic, Jay from the Inbetweeners turning up! (it’ll probably be lost on our American cousins).
    I don’t give a monkeys about the fight , but I just hope this is like Froch/Groves 2 where Froch didn’t allow the mind games to get to him. Doubt it though, I think Haye is at the point of no return.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    That’s a fucking classic, Jay from the Inbetweeners turning up! (it’ll probably be lost on our American cousins).
    I don’t give a monkeys about the fight , but I just hope this is like Froch/Groves 2 where Froch didn’t allow the mind games to get to him. Doubt it though, I think Haye is at the point of no return.

it's all over Social Media already, funny as fuck.
    Bellew called Hayes manager "Will" from the inbetweeners the other day and it turns out Hayes manager Adam Morrallee is good mates with the actor who plays Jay from the show so obviously invited him down to the presser today for a giggle

Thread Information