Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: If Brook vs Spence Jnr had been at 154, would the result have been different?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: If Brook vs Spence Jnr had been at 154, would the result have been different?

I think Brook took the fight against Spence because he had fought god awful opponents since he won the title against Porter. He did not want to be seen ducking Spence who was his mandatory.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: If Brook vs Spence Jnr had been at 154, would the result have been different?

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    I think Brook took the fight against Spence because he had fought god awful opponents since he won the title against Porter. He did not want to be seen ducking Spence who was his mandatory.
    Yes. He was in a bit of an unfair spot. He was willing to fight better fighters but couldn't get them at the time. He got the belt and had lesser opponents, was probably outgrowing the division just as he had a real threat. If he left the division many(I'm guilty here) would have said it was to avoid Spence. He showed his metal. And he deserves respect for accepting a bad situation And taking it on head first.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Yes. He was in a bit of an unfair spot. He was willing to fight better fighters but couldn't get them at the time. He got the belt and had lesser opponents, was probably outgrowing the division just as he had a real threat. If he left the division many(I'm guilty here) would have said it was to avoid Spence. He showed his metal. And he deserves respect for accepting a bad situation And taking it on head first.
    You were very critical if I remember.

Anyway I hope Brook gets the Khan fight and splatters him. There is no way Khan can live with Spence.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    You were very critical if I remember.

Anyway I hope Brook gets the Khan fight and splatters him. There is no way Khan can live with Spence.
    I was. I have no problem admitting when I’m wrong. And I was wrong to doubt Brook. He’ll get nothing but love from me until he hangs them up.

A few others I got wrong

Froch, I thought that guy talked too much so he was hiding something. Proved to be a fighter through and through

Andre Ward, I was sure early in his career he was flash with no substance. Thought he would be protected, couldn’t have been more wrong than that.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Without the previous eye injury I highly doubt Brook would have wielded, it was more a mental stoppage, imagining the horror/effect of the eye surgery than the physical punishment, which was clearly also a big factor.

Having said that, Spence beat him fair and square. Over the course of the whole fight they were virtually equal, there was never a lot to seperate them, however, Spence maintained his relentless gallop. Also there's no reason why Spence wont be just as effective at 154.

Brook was getting mad respect from the American fighters the other week. Everyone apart from Eddie haters and Khan fans recognise Brook as the real deal. Over the next few years I suspect that fight will more and more prove to be Spence's toughest, closest test.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Without the previous eye injury I highly doubt Brook would have wielded, it was more a mental stoppage, imagining the horror/effect of the eye surgery than the physical punishment, which was clearly also a big factor.

Having said that, Spence beat him fair and square. Over the course of the whole fight they were virtually equal, there was never a lot to seperate them, however, Spence maintained his relentless gallop. Also there's no reason why Spence wont be just as effective at 154.

Brook was getting mad respect from the American fighters the other week. Everyone apart from Eddie haters and Khan fans recognise Brook as the real deal. Over the next few years I suspect that fight will more and more prove to be Spence's toughest, closest test.
    Maybe, with the caveat we have to see how he is at the weight, I’m not sleeping on Crawford.

Thread Information