946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Happy St Georges Day

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Pfft! That old line 'He is racist'.

Having just read the article you are referring to bulk of the acid attackers are black and I think that is pretty commonly known. We also know that the black community is also most likely to be affected by a lack of a father figure and thus prone to subsequent gang behavior. If Morrissey was to say the majority of the attackers are none white it would likely be quite true. Morrissey is prone to exaggeration, but that does not make him a racist.
    You mean like this guy?

I have seen nothing to support that assertion at all.

Gang behaviour is far more complex than not simply having a father figure present, and is hardly just a problem among black families.

It's an England thread, celebrating England, and all you can think of posting is Morrissey moaning about being called a racist, when half the time he does not even live here?

Fortunately we are not all miserable pessimists here despite the weather
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was quoting Morrissey because that lyric is about the flag and not having to feel racist for associating with it. It is about being proud of your country. You have posted a picture of one white chap. Why did you not post a picture of a black chap considering they are main group that carries out such attacks? I am celebrating England and it is you with the 'Morrissey is racist' chip on your shoulder and inability to accept the statistics. Blacks carry out 38% of the acid attacks despite being only 3% of the population. Those are just facts. And yes, I do think wayward youths are often that way because of a culture that almost celebrates a refusal to give young men suitable father figures and role models. Young black men are the group most likely to grow up without a father. You can deny the connection. That is up to you. If you want to change things you don't ban bleach or knives, you have to be realistic about what causes the problems. Morrissey this month declared that he 'despises racism'. If you are proud of your country then you love Morrissey too. He is one of the most culturally significant people to have emerged from the UK and is up there with anyone in British history. Not my words, but the views of the British people. Even the BBC couldn't deny this truth.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/pre.../16/icon.shtml

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    I was quoting Morrissey because that lyric is about the flag and not having to feel racist for associating with it. It is about being proud of your country. You have posted a picture of one white chap. Why did you not post a picture of a black chap considering they are main group that carries out such attacks? I am celebrating England and it is you with the 'Morrissey is racist' chip on your shoulder and inability to accept the statistics. Blacks carry out 38% of the acid attacks despite being only 3% of the population. Those are just facts. And yes, I do think wayward youths are often that way because of a culture that almost celebrates a refusal to give young men suitable father figures and role models. Young black men are the group most likely to grow up without a father. You can deny the connection. That is up to you. If you want to change things you don't ban bleach or knives, you have to be realistic about what causes the problems. Morrissey this month declared that he 'despises racism'. If you are proud of your country then you love Morrissey too. He is one of the most culturally significant people to have emerged from the UK and is up there with anyone in British history. Not my words, but the views of the British people. Even the BBC couldn't deny this truth.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/pre.../16/icon.shtml
    32% white 38% Afro Carabbean and 1 in 5 unknown. So if there is any bias it is in your rush to demonize black people. It's better I suppose than the sources Lyle quotes from suggesting they are all Muslim Asians. I can remember you castigating me for flying English flags as evidence of being a chav.

It is quite possible to be proud of England without being proud of Morrissey ffs
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes, I was to an extent programmed not to feel comfortable around a flag. I realize the futility of denying who you are. It is drummed into you from a young age that you are worthless and that all you eventually are is white male privilege. Bollocks to all that.

20% unknown means either alien form or if we are to be fair then let's say 50:50 white and black. It means half the attacks are non white with agroup that is 3% of the populace. That is significant. I wish black people well. I hope black women and men come to realise the danger in not providing a stable family life for young blacks. Of course it affects a lot of young white kids too. I just think society can do a better job when it comes to this kind of thing. We need more family values and to respect the traditions that did make our country great.

El Kabong Guest

....but what you guys really need is some good old SJW diversity, I mean how many transgender poc transabled little people are in that group....NONE that's how many and you should all feel shame for that lack of inclusivity because after all if it's not wide out front in full view then your group is completely and utterly bigoted.

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post

....but what you guys really need is some good old SJW diversity, I mean how many transgender poc transabled little people are in that group....NONE that's how many and you should all feel shame for that lack of inclusivity because after all if it's not wide out front in full view then your group is completely and utterly bigoted.
    I don't really understand what you mean? Is that your attempt at humour or can you just not mention England anymore without attaching negative comments and exposing a huge chip on your shoulder about a country you literally know fuck diddly all about?
    Hidden Content

El Kabong Guest

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You seem to have a HUGE inferiority complex about little old England Lyle.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

St George... Born of a Turkish father and Syrian mother... never killed any dragons or actually visited England.

So a number (not all) of people celebrating St Georges day had he been around now and decided to visit and then stay would be wanting him deported the next day. Or think it's ok to bomb the actual fuck out of his ancestors.

Happy Tuesday :-)
    'To speak with his equal and irish man is forced to talk with God...'

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

St George of England was actually a Greek from Anatolia.

St Margaret of Scotland was actually an English girl, a pretty blond Saxon from the House of Wessex and a descendant of Alfred the Great.

And St Patrick was born in England, he was a Romano-Briton who was captured by Irish raiders and enslaved, but he eventually brought Christianity to the Irish.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Shamrock View Post
    St George... Born of a Turkish father and Syrian mother... never killed any dragons or actually visited England.
    There were no Turks in Western Anatolia at the time of his birth. It was populated by Christian Greeks, until they were the victims of a genocide and "ethnic cleansing" by the Turks in the middle ages and later.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Do people still celebrate, display the flag in more smaller rural type areas? In London you'd probably get duffed up if you sported the flag, certainly be deemed an evil racist.
    I walked past my local yesterday and it was fucking covered in flags, everyone was dressed up in silly hats with oversized flags draped around them and they were all fucking leathered.

It was nice to see
    I can honestly say I wouldn't go into a boozer like that, it would be deemed a BNP pub, certainly full of Tommy Robinson's (bear in mind there's no regular old fashioned boozers left in London, all flats, places of worship or complete and utter ponce gaffs).
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    My mate Chaz who is a local Sikh Councillor usually borrows a horse and rides around with it and himself dressed in the England flag

Depending on the area, he gets battered by a bunch of muslims or battered for being muslim*

((*just so this joke doesn't go over the head of the PC jobsworths and anti-muslim on here - i'm making fun of genuine ignorant racists that would regard a sikh man celebrating St George as muslim and ignorant racist religious fools))
    Last edited by Fenster; 04-25-2018 at 10:51 PM.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    My mate Chaz who is a local Sikh Councillor usually borrows a horse and rides around with it and himself dressed in the England flag

Depending on the area, he gets battered by a bunch of muslims or battered for being muslim*

((*just so this joke doesn't go over the head of the PC jobsworths and anti-muslim on here - i'm making fun of genuine ignorant racists that would regard a sikh man celebrating St George as muslim and ignorant racist religious fools))
    Maybe someone should give him a sword then. Down here it's more likely someone would try and nick the horse.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamrock View Post
    There were no Turks in Western Anatolia at the time of his birth. It was populated by Christian Greeks, until they were the victims of a genocide and "ethnic cleansing" by the Turks in the middle ages and later.
    Happy to bow to your greater knowledge. The principle remains the same.
    'To speak with his equal and irish man is forced to talk with God...'

Thread Information