1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Happy St Georges Day

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    My mate Chaz who is a local Sikh Councillor usually borrows a horse and rides around with it and himself dressed in the England flag

Depending on the area, he gets battered by a bunch of muslims or battered for being muslim*

((*just so this joke doesn't go over the head of the PC jobsworths and anti-muslim on here - i'm making fun of genuine ignorant racists that would regard a sikh man celebrating St George as muslim and ignorant racist religious fools))
    On a similar note:-

UK's top diplomat caught up in blunder after calling the Sikh Golden Temple a mosque

Britain’s chief diplomat has apologised after mistaking one of the most sacred sites in Sikhism as a mosque.

Sir Simon McDonald, the permanent under-secretary at the Foreign Office, admitted that he made a blunder on Monday when referring to the Golden Temple in Amritsar, India, as the “Golden Mosque”.

The distinction between mosques being the place of Muslim worship and temples or gurdwaras used by Sikhs was not initially made clear.

The gaffe took place on Twitter where Sir Simon claimed that a photograph of the Queen at the “Golden Mosque” had been given to a colleague.

Realising his mistake, he admitted that he should have said "the Golden Temple or, better, Sri Harmandir Sahib."

The Golden Temple, constructed in the 16th century, is so sacred to Sikhs because it is considered to be the main site of pilgrimage for the faith.

The mosque tweet has therefore enraged many on social media, particularly British Sikhs.

Bhai Amrik Singh, chairman of the Sikh Federation, said: “This was a major gaffe by a top civil servant and totally unacceptable.

He added: “In our view, a public apology and admitting the mistake is not enough.

“What we need is a commitment from the UK Government and senior civil servants to root out such ignorance and discrimination or we will continue to face hate, abuse and threats of violence.”

The Queen had visited the site in 1997, 13 years after a deadly and extremely controversial assault by the Indian army took place, which was aimed at expelling armed separatists who wanted a separate Sikh homeland.

Jeremy Corbyn has vowed that if he were to become Prime Minister he would launch a probe to investigate Britain’s role during the raid in the party’s next manifesto.

The scale of the UK’s involvement in the assault, which reportedly left thousands dead, is currently under intense scrutiny, making the blunder even more awkward for Sir Simon.

Addressing a Sikhs for Labour meeting in Watford, Mr Corbyn remarked: “You can be very sure that, whenever the election comes, it will be in the next manifesto … it’s a commitment that’s going to be there and we will honour that commitment.”

Sir Simon has been on a visit to the Northern Indian city of Chandigarh, where he has been meeting students and politicians.

Dr Jasjit Singh, a researcher at Leeds University, questioned if the diplomat had been thinking of the Golden Mosque in Rochdale, which is an actual place of Muslim worship.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...osque-blunder/
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Why was that gaffe so offensive, so much so that it made the news?

I know it's common for many Sikh's to publicly hate muslims, they do so with no sense of embarrassment, but is it actually the norm, widespread through that community? I never even realised they hated each other until recent times when the lunatic muslims started blowing everyone up. Now I can recall the Indians and Pakistani's I was friends/worked with that would constantly slate each other behind their backs (call each other filthy animals and shit like that). I was totally ignorant that it was a religious/cultural thing, I used to think the insults were a bit harsh just never realised they were heartfelt
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Why was that gaffe so offensive, so much so that it made the news?

I know it's common for many Sikh's to publicly hate muslims, they do so with no sense of embarrassment, but is it actually the norm, widespread through that community? I never even realised they hated each other until recent times when the lunatic muslims started blowing everyone up. Now I can recall the Indians and Pakistani's I was friends/worked with that would constantly slate each other behind their backs (call each other filthy animals and shit like that). I was totally ignorant that it was a religious/cultural thing, I used to think the insults were a bit harsh just never realised they were heartfelt
    Sikh's were persecuted by some of the Muslim kings that ruled India at the time in a very barbaric way. However most of the time it was peaceful and respectful which is forgotten.

When they divided India and Pakistan there were further gang murders and rapes which continued the hatred. However there are beautiful stories where Muslim and Sikh's saved each other from these gangs which also get forgotten.

Anyone with common sense will realise we are all from the same "stock" and normally are our friends when we grow up. Sure there are gangs from each side and will say they "target and take our girls" but I class them as extreme ignorant nutters. Unfortunately there are a lot of these idiots and EDL/UKIP find and use them.

Makes me mad when they do that.

El Kabong Guest

So are certain types of girls targeted or no? If gangs are targeting certain people how can that be fixed without calling it out?

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lyle you are obsessed
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

El Kabong Guest

Lyle you are obsessed
    Excuse me @Beanz I'm asking @Master a few questions in order to better understand things. You may kindly fuck off.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    So are certain types of girls targeted or no? If gangs are targeting certain people how can that be fixed without calling it out?
    They are all vulnerable girls, makes no difference to them. Sikh gangs pick up on it if it is a Sikh girl, whites do it if they are white.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    They are all vulnerable girls, makes no difference to them. Sikh gangs pick up on it if it is a Sikh girl, whites do it if they are white.
    Yeah they are all vulnerable young girls, but (and please correct me if I'm wrong) MUSLIM rape gangs don't seem to be focused on picking up MUSLIM girls because they seem to be protecting their own community. Just what you can see from the papers and reporting on it.

Is that the case? If given the choice between an at risk white or Sikh girl and an at risk Muslim girl who would the MUSLIM Gang choose to groom/pimp out?

Part of me thinks that certain communities don't raise a bunch of fuss about these gangs because their communities aren't targeted/their communities benefit from such gangs.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

These gangs do not care and probably have abused girls in their own community but many will never come forward.

El Kabong Guest

These gangs do not care and probably have abused girls in their own community but many will never come forward.
    OK, and I understand the whole "some girls may never come forward" as well especially if Muslim because, well let's be honest here there's a stigma anyway regardless of religion, but there's a stigma AND A PUNISHMENT in Islam for being raped or pimped out against your will and I'm not naive enough to think that there's not at least a couple of Muslims in England perfectly willing to murder their own children should they be raped, I think there's families in the US like that too and I think it is barbaric

I look at what is happening in England with the grooming gangs and that's a scary thing, for entire communities to shut down any talk of grooming gangs and just allow it to happen while knowing what is happening........Rotherham is worse than the Sheriff and FBI knowing a shooter was headed to that high school in Florida because that was 1 event this grooming gang shit is YEARS of abuse.

I hope that England gets it under control.

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah they are all vulnerable young girls, but (and please correct me if I'm wrong) MUSLIM rape gangs don't seem to be focused on picking up MUSLIM girls because they seem to be protecting their own community. Just what you can see from the papers and reporting on it.

Is that the case? If given the choice between an at risk white or Sikh girl and an at risk Muslim girl who would the MUSLIM Gang choose to groom/pimp out?

Part of me thinks that certain communities don't raise a bunch of fuss about these gangs because their communities aren't targeted/their communities benefit from such gangs.

"Their communities benefit from such gangs?"

Fucking hell man, new low even for you.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Over here down in the trenches in Queens and also in parts of the Bronx and Jersey City we do have that pretty deep animosity between the Sikhs and the Muslims

El Kabong Guest

[/I]Fucking hell man, new low even for you.
    Well if someone in the neighborhood is bringing in bank for illegal activities and able to help out friends and family with money then yeah that's a reason (for SOME people) not to rat somebody out.

Also if there's a strict "the children of this neighborhood are safe from being pimped out" code that's another reason to not rat somebody out.

Also threats of violence, the whole "snitches get stitches" attitude.

There was a reason these gangs operated and weren't caught or investigated and some people suggested it was fear of being called racist to which you got all offended by. Authorities knew something was happening and they did nothing, why? There has to be a reason....but stay asleep old timer, don't fuss yourself with a question about this, just believe what those same authorities (who did nothing) tell you......maybe the authorities were in on it? Naaaaaaaaah no reason to give that a thought

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well if someone in the neighborhood is bringing in bank for illegal activities and able to help out friends and family with money then yeah that's a reason (for SOME people) not to rat somebody out.

Also if there's a strict "the children of this neighborhood are safe from being pimped out" code that's another reason to not rat somebody out.

There was a reason these gangs operated and weren't caught or investigated and some people suggested it was fear of being called racist to which you got all offended by. Authorities knew something was happening and they did nothing, why? There has to be a reason....but stay asleep old timer, don't fuss yourself with a question about this, just believe what those same authorities (who did nothing) tell you......maybe the authorities were in on it? Naaaaaaaaah no reason to give that a thought
    Anyone using the excuse that they did not say or do anything because they would be considered racist need sacking.

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Why don't you worry about your own country? Don't pretend that you are in the least bit worried about abused kids when you sneer at dead bodies of toddlers on beaches. Sick of your self righteous lecturing about things you want to take the moral high ground on when in reality you act like a fucking snake. You sound like a greasy politician. When have i apologised for the kind of scum that do this or been offended and tried to make excuses for the people who let his happen?

You think you are such a fucking expert on everything and yet you are nothing but a boy who does not even live in the country you are lecturing. How many cases have you helped put together to bring the bastards that do this kind of thing to justice? You want to believe everything is a conspiracy to save yourself from having any responsibility, but the abuse of power by sick men is universal and you defend it.

How the fuck do you manage to make a thread celebrating England into one in which your get on your soapbox and lecture people who are far more informed and experienced than you on the ills of their country?
    Hidden Content

Thread Information