Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  7
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: The Art of Nonsense, Pathology or Con-Artistry?

Share/Bookmark

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default The Art of Nonsense, Pathology or Con-Artistry?

Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: The Art of Nonsense, Pathology or Con-Artistry?

They should just get together, slap and scratch each other fiercely, and get it over with. That being said, Molyneux has some strange views about things. Proof that nowadays it doesn't take much to become a social media celebrity.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He has a lot of sensible and interest views. The only thing that loses me is the extremism of believing freemarkets solve everything. They obviously do not, but neither does excessive government. You need to keep it trim, but also accept that some of it needs to exist. I would only axe half of all civil servants.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Also, would I guess that Molyneux has the potential to spin and twist? Well, isn't that what every outlet is doing these days? He has his agenda. It is one reason why trust in the media is at record lows. Journalists today seem to lack integrity and they will write anything to keep their jobs and pay off the mortgage. On the whole you have to consider the merits and limitations of anyone you listen to. In saying that though, I do like Molyneux some of what Molyneux says and he doesn't advertise pills like CNN to make his revenue so that is cool. He lives and dies by his content and people choosing to support it.

Do you actively search for videos to try and validate your own cynicism, Beanz? You posting a video to make a point and then adding no commentary is no different to the kind of thing Brock was getting warned about with the Mark Dice videos. you should say something. Everyone to you is a snake oil salesman or a shill, but it is very easy to say that. You can take something anyone says and crucify them, but it isn't a full reflection of who they are.

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Miles it is a brilliant response to the kind of shallow narcissistic rubbish that passes for insight nowadays. Like Peterson he is the Emperor with no clothes, only in this case with added pathological bitterness. He is still shaming people into paying him because he can't get a real job. Like him you have become incredibly lazy intellectually when it comes to posting here. Why bring up CNN? You know I don't watch it but it makes your non argument seem worthy. No mention of Infowars and their utterly con job supplements because you have no consistency. Comparing it to Brockton spamming when again it is a false analogy. I didn't comment last night because it was 1:30 am and I had just finished working before going to bed. Not because I am spamming the forum with screaming hate fuelled click bait.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I guess this was on your mind at 1:30am?

Who is he shaming into paying him? Don't all media and information outlets need revenue to produce their work? It certainly beats having BBC world tell us we have to fly with Emirates. Or have CNN tell us to pop pills. This is where I find it strange how bitter you are about Infowars. I don't see you haranguing the 'mainstream' outlets for their agendas or how they make their money. Alex Jones sells vitamins for crying out loud. Vitamins! Molyneux relies on donations. Donations!

I am not being intellectually lazy as I am not trying to be intellectual. These are simple observations. You have posted a number of threads without comment lately and fair enough if you want to do that, but don't pretend it isn't Brock esque to post videos with very little comment. Maybe Brock posts his videos at 1:30am. I have no idea!

You can accuse Molyneux and Peterson of being naked all you like, but I don't think you have even read An Antidote to Chaos. Asides from not liking post modernism, I really haven't worked out your objection to Peterson. And Molyneux has clearly worked and done very well for himself whence being able to take the time and develop his hobby horse. To sustain it he needs to be paid and I think most of us expect to be paid when we do some work or provide some kind of service.

Thread Information