Thread: Showtime: Santa Cruz v Mares II and Charlo v Trout / Crawford-Horn

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Showtime: Santa Cruz v Mares II and Charlo v Trout / Crawford-Horn

Ref ruled cut from a punch after clear butt take his keys. 6-3 Santa Cruz here. Cleaner frequent work with the hands.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

6-4 Santa Cruz, Mares needs to pressure up these last two rounds and sustain an attack.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

7-4 Santa Cruz. Since when do refs wear advertisements on their backs . Seems kinda misguided.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pretty good scrap! Have Santa Cruz 8-4 first impression

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

They put on a good show. I didn’t see the judges card yet but I won’t be intretested in a trilogy

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That's big respect from two professionals in the post fight. Mares class act talking on Leos Dad there.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't want to see a trilogy either. At the end of the day it was one sided. Decent enough fight though. Some decent fights tonight on both cards.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thanks kirk ,spics and everyone. I’m off today and this reminded me of the good old days and I’d be talking on the forum while watching a fight. Despite both my guys loosing it was great to participate again

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Man Crawford puts on a great fight and grabs another weight class belt not he has had titles at 135, 140 and 147 can not wait to see his next fight best in boxing at the moment keeps getting better.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

My thoughts on some of the fights

Trout is still a solid fighter, but he just has stiff competition. In a weaker division, he could grab a belt. He has had to fight Canelo, Lara, both Charlos, and Hurd. Although I thought he beat Canelo, but he hasn’t had an easy road during his career. Charlo looked sharp and I still think he beats Hurd.

Crawford completely outclassed Horn. Horn did make a good showing for himself though. I would actually be interested to see how Horn would fair against the welters outside of Crawford and Spence. I think he could give fighters like Garcia and Porter a run for their money. I have no idea who Crawford fights next though because everyone is going to be ducking him.

I was rooting for Mares to win, but I think styles make fights and Cruz is a bit too long for Mares to have a lot of success. I like Santa Cruz though. I think that he is underrated. I really hope that him and Russell fight to unify. Santa Cruz has shown that he is more than just a brawler. He knows how to pick his shots and set up his offense. He is also decent at defense.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Charlo is solid and doesn’t move back. Trout got off some good ones but the two knockdowns really made it difficult. It seems the loss to canelo which I believe he one set upon him a rough go. Crawford is a freak, he can turn it up whenever he wants and dominate. He has a hell of a career in front of him

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    My thoughts on some of the fights

Trout is still a solid fighter, but he just has stiff competition. In a weaker division, he could grab a belt. He has had to fight Canelo, Lara, both Charlos, and Hurd. Although I thought he beat Canelo, but he hasn’t had an easy road during his career. Charlo looked sharp and I still think he beats Hurd.

Crawford completely outclassed Horn. Horn did make a good showing for himself though. I would actually be interested to see how Horn would fair against the welters outside of Crawford and Spence. I think he could give fighters like Garcia and Porter a run for their money. I have no idea who Crawford fights next though because everyone is going to be ducking him.

I was rooting for Mares to win, but I think styles make fights and Cruz is a bit too long for Mares to have a lot of success. I like Santa Cruz though. I think that he is underrated. I really hope that him and Russell fight to unify. Santa Cruz has shown that he is more than just a brawler. He knows how to pick his shots and set up his offense. He is also decent at defense.
    Arum says no Spence before it is PPV. I don’t think that’s far off anyway if they move Crawford to real ESPN for a couple fights. ESPN prefers him over Loma at this point because Loma has consistently had bad numbers.

So the perfectly logical thing is Spence vs Porter/Garcia winner and Crawford vs Porter/Garcia loser then Spence vs Crawford if Thurman hasn’t re-entered the fray.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Thanks kirk ,spics and everyone. I’m off today and this reminded me of the good old days and I’d be talking on the forum while watching a fight. Despite both my guys loosing it was great to participate again
    Welcome bro. Good to have members and guests talking it up in rbrs. Great perspectives and opinions. It's what makes the place what it is. Far better than constantly slapping each other around about dumb politics .

Very impressed with Santa Cruz, he and Russell jr would be a barn burner.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm not entirely convinced Jermell beats Hurd, but it's a fight I want to see. Trout is still good enough to hang in there with these guys, I think he has another couple of good fights in him.

Mares fought a much better fight I though. It aws another good scrap. I had it about 7-5 Santa Cruz.

It kind of sucked having the 2 cards clash, I hate when that happens. Trying to watch 2 fights at once is annoying.

Crawford is a magnificent fighter. I can only dream of a Crawford/ Spence fight. I don't think it's the end for Horn but he's at a lower level to the elite.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Charlo is solid and doesn’t move back. Trout got off some good ones but the two knockdowns really made it difficult. It seems the loss to canelo which I believe he one set upon him a rough go. Crawford is a freak, he can turn it up whenever he wants and dominate. He has a hell of a career in front of him
    Ya the politics is fun but working weekend third shift has really messed me up with the live boxing. I have to catch it several days later and by then u guys have moved on. Before switching to nights I was here for all the weekend fights. It’s great to talk boxing and get away from all the politics......#freetommy

Thread Information