Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is your view of Clarrisa Shield's deportmet outside of the ring?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default What is your view of Clarrisa Shield's deportmet outside of the ring?

Last night, her "spontaneous explosion' aimed at Hammer was just plain ugly. And the interview was awful.

What say you?

“If you want loyalty, buy a dog.” Ricky Hatton

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: What is your view of Clarrisa Shield's deportmet outside of the ring?

Nothing we haven't seen before in men's fights. I think it just pumps up interest in seeing the both of them in the ring. I don't see a lot of women's boxing, but after seeing this I wouldn't mind seeing this one.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: What is your view of Clarrisa Shield's deportmet outside of the ring?

Since turning pro, she's been self promoting and grand standing trying to get her name out there. From jawing at Kovalev in the media to online commentary/messages on other peoples fights. Shes just trying to be one of the guys I think. Her opinion doesn't carry the weight she thinks it does. As much of a circus the Christy martin thing was, she was putting butts in seats by knocking out these poor saps that they paid to get beat up. Mia St John tried hard, took her lumps but she wasn't a fighter at heart. Lucia Ryker, was super skilled but didn't really self promote stateside and left that up to the other people which didn't pan out for her. Anne Wolf was a beast but maybe not the glory seeker Shields is, preferring to do her talking in the ring. Ali's daughter had size but she was never really that skilled, she used her size and star status on most opponents. Even now, noone listens when she registers an opinion on anything boxing.

Shields could be headed down that road if shes not careful. Shes more classically trained (a 2 time gold medalist) and has greater potential if she can keep her weight down and not let her mouth get ahead of her skill set and not rest on her laurels. Shes still a little immature at this point and can be riled easy. After a few fights and big shows and seeing the dirty side of the business I think she'll settle in and learn its not worth wasting the energy on extracurriculars.
    They want your @$$ beat because upsets make news. News brings about excitement, excitement brings about ratings. The objective is to bring you up to the tower and tear your @$$ down. And if you don't believe that, you're crazy.

Roy Jones, Jr. "What I've Learned," Esquire 2003

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by holmcall View Post
    Last night, her "spontaneous explosion' aimed at Hammer was just plain ugly. And the interview was awful.

What say you?
    She may need an internal vaginal massage... with a penis... for about 10-15 minutes...
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by J_Undisputed View Post
    Since turning pro, she's been self promoting and grand standing trying to get her name out there. From jawing at Kovalev in the media to online commentary/messages on other peoples fights. Shes just trying to be one of the guys I think. Her opinion doesn't carry the weight she thinks it does. As much of a circus the Christy martin thing was, she was putting butts in seats by knocking out these poor saps that they paid to get beat up. Mia St John tried hard, took her lumps but she wasn't a fighter at heart. Lucia Ryker, was super skilled but didn't really self promote stateside and left that up to the other people which didn't pan out for her. Anne Wolf was a beast but maybe not the glory seeker Shields is, preferring to do her talking in the ring. Ali's daughter had size but she was never really that skilled, she used her size and star status on most opponents. Even now, noone listens when she registers an opinion on anything boxing. Shields could be headed down that road if shes not careful. Shes more classically trained (a 2 time gold medalist) and has greater potential if she can keep her weight down and not let her mouth get ahead of her skill set and not rest on her laurels. Shes still a little immature at this point and can be riled easy. After a few fights and big shows and seeing the dirty side of the business I think she'll settle in and learn its not worth wasting the energy on extracurriculars.
    Your dismissal of previous greats or at least stars of women’s boxing is a bit much. Mia St. John was a fighter at heart in my opinion, Christy Martin was a tough brawler who beat more than just paid tomato cans, and Ali was a big, skilled boxer. She’s still the best female boxer I’ve seen.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    Since turning pro, she's been self promoting and grand standing trying to get her name out there. From jawing at Kovalev in the media to online commentary/messages on other peoples fights. Shes just trying to be one of the guys I think. Her opinion doesn't carry the weight she thinks it does. As much of a circus the Christy martin thing was, she was putting butts in seats by knocking out these poor saps that they paid to get beat up. Mia St John tried hard, took her lumps but she wasn't a fighter at heart. Lucia Ryker, was super skilled but didn't really self promote stateside and left that up to the other people which didn't pan out for her. Anne Wolf was a beast but maybe not the glory seeker Shields is, preferring to do her talking in the ring. Ali's daughter had size but she was never really that skilled, she used her size and star status on most opponents. Even now, noone listens when she registers an opinion on anything boxing. Shields could be headed down that road if shes not careful. Shes more classically trained (a 2 time gold medalist) and has greater potential if she can keep her weight down and not let her mouth get ahead of her skill set and not rest on her laurels. Shes still a little immature at this point and can be riled easy. After a few fights and big shows and seeing the dirty side of the business I think she'll settle in and learn its not worth wasting the energy on extracurriculars.
    Your dismissal of previous greats or at least stars of women’s boxing is a bit much. Mia St. John was a fighter at heart in my opinion, Christy Martin was a tough brawler who beat more than just paid tomato cans, and Ali was a big, skilled boxer. She’s still the best female boxer I’ve seen.
    Have you seen Nicola Adams? She is one of the best boxers I have seen male or female. She is complete.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Since turning pro, she's been self promoting and grand standing trying to get her name out there. From jawing at Kovalev in the media to online commentary/messages on other peoples fights. Shes just trying to be one of the guys I think. Her opinion doesn't carry the weight she thinks it does. As much of a circus the Christy martin thing was, she was putting butts in seats by knocking out these poor saps that they paid to get beat up. Mia St John tried hard, took her lumps but she wasn't a fighter at heart. Lucia Ryker, was super skilled but didn't really self promote stateside and left that up to the other people which didn't pan out for her. Anne Wolf was a beast but maybe not the glory seeker Shields is, preferring to do her talking in the ring. Ali's daughter had size but she was never really that skilled, she used her size and star status on most opponents. Even now, noone listens when she registers an opinion on anything boxing.

Shields could be headed down that road if shes not careful. Shes more classically trained (a 2 time gold medalist) and has greater potential if she can keep her weight down and not let her mouth get ahead of her skill set and not rest on her laurels. Shes still a little immature at this point and can be riled easy. After a few fights and big shows and seeing the dirty side of the business I think she'll settle in and learn its not worth wasting the energy on extracurriculars.

good stuff

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Clarissa needs a role model. This thug mentality is totality unnecessary.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Could not give a fuck, female boxing is just wrong, they have more sensitive upper body bits to get damaged than we do so encouraging them to fight is just exploitative, perv promoters who think they have credibility from the womens equality lobby are trying to cash in. Decent promoters will have no truck with it. Sorry to sit on the fence.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I can't get too outraged by Clarissa going all "Mr. T" in the ring after the fight, when in male boxing we have characters like Adrien Broner still hanging around.

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Women's boxing in a word SHIT.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dia bando View Post
    Have you seen Nicola Adams? She is one of the best boxers I have seen male or female. She is complete.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    Maybe i should have chose my words more carefully, I don't think Mia was horrible. She was a warrior that went out flailing on her shield a few times but she never turned her punches or worked on her form. Christy was a grinder before, but once she hit the spotlight they couldn't have her look subpar because she was on the tyson undercards. She walked down st John throwing big whiffing hooks while Mia just pawed back as hard has she could. When the time came she, ducked Rijker. As for Ali, we'll agree to disagree cuz she was more than fraziers kid.. but didnt fight many real fighters. Christy martin has to put on like 30 lbs for that payday and Ali ran like hell from Ann Wolfe. Looking at the Rijker and Wolfe and then at St. John and Ali. There's a stark contrast in who was serious and who wasn't. Would Ali have even entered the ring and left her nail salon if her daddy wasn't the greatest of all time?
    They want your @$$ beat because upsets make news. News brings about excitement, excitement brings about ratings. The objective is to bring you up to the tower and tear your @$$ down. And if you don't believe that, you're crazy.

Roy Jones, Jr. "What I've Learned," Esquire 2003

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Sorry I think she is shit mate.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Sorry I think she is shit mate.
    You must have seen someone else. Nicola is not shit. She is a better technical boxer than Canelo, AJ, Wilder, Fury and Bellew.

Thread Information