Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  33
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Who has good news? The Good News thread does that's who!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Who has good news? The Good News thread does that's who!

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Disorientation, no experience regulating breathing with no idea what is up from down under black water is terrifying. These kids are in a bad place but fingers crossed they all make it out. Keep thinking if they could damn the entrance somehow to prevent filling, or there has to be openings above. Wonder how far down from surface they are.

It's tragically humbling, for all of our advances in circuitry and machine to manipulate mother Nature she is still very capable of swallowing us up
    I just heard it takes the rescue guys5-6 hours to get to them, and of course 5-6 hours out. Apparently the area they are in is running out of oxygen. Elon musk offered to send over some equipment to help them, I don’t know if the Thais took him up on it. It appears they will make a move soon or at least want to.
    It's crazy. Families interviewed and have to write letters back and forth to communicate. Kid says all he wants is KFC..in Thailand..so his Father says we'll be waiting and go together. They need to get a move on with resources and equipment, hard to imagine nothing bigger was available as far as pumps. The one they showed was hardly inspiring ffs get the damn Army Engineers involved asap.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I give those kids a shitload of respect. Of course I don’t know what is going on down there the pictures of scene they look good and don’t have the face of freight and anxiety I figure I would have. It truly is a horrible situation to be in, if or I should say when, they will probably make a Hollywood movie about the ordeal and I hope they all get a boatload of cash

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Never seen the expert rescue teams as anxious as they are for these boys. Incredible. Normally everyone is safe as houses in these disaster lark things but it's obvious they've been forced into taking a punt on moving them out.

I mean the fact a Thai navy seal drowned on his trip back out the cave says it all.

Army engineers... it looks like vietnam at the cave site, they've employed monks to stop the rain and have billionaires building James Bond subs.
    Last edited by Fenster; 07-08-2018 at 11:06 PM.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Never seen the expert rescue teams as anxious as they are for these boys. Incredible. Normally everyone is safe as houses in these disaster lark things but it's obvious they've been forced into taking a punt on moving them out.

I mean the fact a Thai navy seal drowned on his trip back out the cave says it all.

Army engineers... it looks like vietnam at the cave site, they've employed monks to stop the rain and have billionaires building James Bond subs.
    It’s parodoxical, in so many parts of the world twelve life’s mean nothing. This planet really is a strange place.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oh snap I just heard on the radio they r starting the rescue now. Bringing the kids and coach topside
    Last edited by walrus; 07-09-2018 at 03:12 PM.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oh snap I just hard on the radio they r starting the rescue now. Bringing the kids and coach topside
    You pervert. You had a hard on, on the radio. Sick.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

https://mobile.twitter.com/CraigRSaw...901471744?s=17

Tweet about the diver how died, R.I.P.

El Kabong Guest

https://mobile.twitter.com/CraigRSaw...901471744?s=17

Tweet about the diver how died, R.I.P.
    Damn....courageous fellow, R.I.P.

These kids are 2.5 miles away from freedom and the tightest squeeze they have to make it through is 15" across which is mental.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Steady as she goes. Awesome to see 7 clear and 5 hopefully soon. Interesting they interviewed some of the divers-rescuers and some looked hardy over 20 themselves. One silver lining has to be that these kids have already made the path once, though dry and that's a major factor, and don't seem like the fragile type. Good sense of adventure and being a tight knit team to begin with has to be aiding them. Shit at 10 its easy to run head long into dangerous (exciting) scenarios with zero realization that you actually have to climb back down the tree. They had an adult with them, have to imagine he'll have more than some 'splaining to do with authorities down the road.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Steady as she goes. Awesome to see 7 clear and 5 hopefully soon. Interesting they interviewed some of the divers-rescuers and some looked hardy over 20 themselves. One silver lining hqas to be that these kids have already made the path once, though dry and that's a major factor, and don't seem like the fragile type. Good sense of adventure and being a tight knit team to begin with has to be aiding them. Shit at 10 its easy to run head long into dangerous (exciting) scenarios with zero realization that you actually have to climb back down the tree. They had an adult with them, have to imagine he'll have more than some 'splaining to do with authorities down the road.
    I knew a few combat divers in the service. The scuba training was amongst the toughest. Don’t quote me but the only 17% of those who go through it the rest have a Big Chicken Dinner or what you prob know as fail it

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Steady as she goes. Awesome to see 7 clear and 5 hopefully soon. Interesting they interviewed some of the divers-rescuers and some looked hardy over 20 themselves. One silver lining hqas to be that these kids have already made the path once, though dry and that's a major factor, and don't seem like the fragile type. Good sense of adventure and being a tight knit team to begin with has to be aiding them. Shit at 10 its easy to run head long into dangerous (exciting) scenarios with zero realization that you actually have to climb back down the tree. They had an adult with them, have to imagine he'll have more than some 'splaining to do with authorities down the road.
    I knew a few combat divers in the service. The scuba training was amongst the toughest. Don’t quote me but the only 17% of those who go through it the rest have a Big Chicken Dinner or what you prob know as fail it
    Water has a way of screwing with your head and leaving the body semi useful. I've listened to a couple of old vets talk about early Frogman days and couldn't imagine it . Did they fully boot and discharge or demote divers who failed training?

Didn't realize the kids are still in isolation. Poor parents standing in the viewing windows waving like they are born all over again lol.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Water has a way of screwing with your head and leaving the body semi useful. I've listened to a couple of old vets talk about early Frogman days and couldn't imagine it . Did they fully boot and discharge or demote divers who failed training?

Didn't realize the kids are still in isolation. Poor parents standing in the viewing windows waving like they are born all over again lol.
    They wouldn’t be discharged actually so it wasn’t a complete chicken dinner. They were the tops just qualifying so they still stayed in

El Kabong Guest

Awww got to love dogs

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post

Awww got to love dogs
    That is nice, my cat might push me to the cabinet where I keep the cat food but he’d say your own your own after I feed him

El Kabong Guest

Croatia National Team Will Donate World Cup Prize Money To Children's Charity
    http://www.sportbible.com/football/n...arity-20180717
    The Croatian national team will donate the entirety of the World Cup prize money to a special fund for children, it has emerged.

Coming second out of 32 teams brings a big pool of prize money (£21 million according to reports) for the players and coaching staff but the group have elected to donate their bonuses to underprivileged children so that they can go on summer holidays.

Good on you Croatia

Thread Information