Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Can Fury actually beat Wilder?

Is he ready and can he take the big shot when he inevitably gets caught with one? I’m starting to like Fury for showing such courage to take this fight, especially so early into his comeback.He might just be able to outbox Wilder, but I think he gets caught n KOd down the stretch. What say you guys?

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Can Fury actually beat Wilder?

I think it is too soon for Tyson but Wilder is raw and vulnerable himself so if anyone can pull this off it could be Tyson.

I am starting to believe in him.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would make fury the favourite, Wilder is impressively powerful and determined but fury is very good at bending the rules in fights and great at roughing people up, I think his leaning and pushing will wear Wilder down pretty quick, there is around a 25lb weight difference between the too.. Wilder is really not that great either someone with a good jab will scramble his brain pretty easy. So for me fury wears him down and stops him then gets blown up by joshua.

Of course Wilder could one punch KO him too.. He does have amazing power.

I also think fury will pull out of the fight a month before once he sees how little him and Wilder sells in America.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Can Fury actually beat Wilder?

No

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fury getting away with lacking ring fitness and reflexes. All of this is resolved by more fights. The tools were always there.

If he takes a fight this year with Wilder, I can only conclude he is after a final payday as he needs more fights to get ready for tougher/trickier opponents.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wilders skinny little pretzel legs like little pretzel sticks will Wilt after about five rounds of Tyson Fury leaning on him constantly and roughing him up spinning him around pushing him and laying on him

Fury is then going to turn Wilder's head sideways with his left forearm and chop the side of his neck with a magnificent right hand coming down like an anvil and possibly break his neck.

6th Round

500 quid

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    Wilders skinny little pretzel legs like little pretzel sticks will Wilt after about five rounds of Tyson Fury leaning on him constantly and roughing him up spinning him around pushing him and laying on him

6th Round

500 quid
    That's a good point my Armenian ass assassin, there's a big weight difference.... Actually closer to 40lbs going by their last weigh ins.... That's a lot of weight on Wilders relatively small legs.

Round six sounds a bit early though, Wilder really has ac lot of determination and fury doesn't hit that hard for his size, I would bet on it being a later stoppage.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I’ve been pondering “how good is Tyson Fury” all day and can’t seem to find an answer I can get behind. My thoughts just become more abstract. Like “is hard to beat the same as good”, meaning he isn’t so strong, isn’t so fit, isn’t so coordinated, this means isn’t so good normally. But for his size he has absolutely amazing head movement, he has great balance (perhaps because he doesn’t commit), he is quick, he is accurate(again, for his size)

After a spell I start thinking “is Tyson Fury the most skilled man we have ever seen at this size?” I just can’t come to an answer on him from he got lucky to catch Wladimir when he did all the way to his toolbox has enough to make him very very hard to beat.

I’ll say it, I have no clue what Tyson Fury really is. I thought he was a fraud years ago, a clown. I definitely don’t think that anymore. But I’m no closer to a judgement on him.

At least unlike some he isn’t laying out his career according to some master maximizing plan. He’s fighting the fight that matters. Have to respect that. Props to him and Wilder for being fighters, I had them both wrong.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fury is a huge equally off the wall fella who knows he pulled it off before. That's a solid asset to bring into a ring. Unfortunately he's also been knocked silly by a wide right from one puffed up cruiserweight in Steve Cunningham. As flawed as Wilder is and as much as he leaves his doors open beyond anything other than a sharp 1-2..he sells out full bore on his punch. He showed some actual poise and timing early with Ortiz but if his bell in rung he'll go out on his shield and I can't say same about Fury. Then again all things being equal.. save for Ortiz ? it's a big step up for Wilder. Semi warming to this one and the freak show aspect helps . It's a good move having Fury come over with fan base in tow. Crazy to think it's only Wilders second time in Vegas.

anyone want to wager on an 'injury' postponing it .

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Fury is a huge equally off the wall fella who knows he pulled it off before. That's a solid asset to bring into a ring. Unfortunately he's also been knocked silly by a wide right from one puffed up cruiserweight in Steve Cunningham. As flawed as Wilder is and as much as he leaves his doors open beyond anything other than a sharp 1-2..he sells out full bore on his punch. He showed some actual poise and timing early with Ortiz but if his bell in rung he'll go out on his shield and I can't say same about Fury. Then again all things being equal.. save for Ortiz ? it's a big step up for Wilder. Semi warming to this one and the freak show aspect helps . It's a good move having Fury come over with fan base in tow. Crazy to think it's only Wilders second time in Vegas.

I really don't think fury has that big of a fan base at all... don't fall for the pikey bollocks... today the lineal champ on the comeback trail (after a two year drug ban) takes on a heavyweight and all the posts in the thread were master doing a rbr. ... whyte had way more intrest. . He was fighting parker to be fair bit still. .. fury let his fame pass him by (by being banned for two years).. and wilder doesn't have a big fan base either so I'm on the postponment bandwagon too

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by palmerq View Post

I really don't think fury has that big of a fan base at all... don't fall for the pikey bollocks... today the lineal champ on the comeback trail (after a two year drug ban) takes on a heavyweight and all the posts in the thread were master doing a rbr. ... whyte had way more intrest. . He was fighting parker to be fair bit still. .. fury let his fame pass him by (by being banned for two years).. and wilder doesn't have a big fan base either so I'm on the postponment bandwagon too
    Fury forever the rodeo clown is still a guy who blows up media wise no pun intended. He and Wilder showmanship wise will be signed by Vince McMahon by the final bell and Wilder needs a real push. Didn't AJ actually call Furys name out after his last fight? Fact that fat reformed Fury has multi threads says it . Would have preferred Whyte been saying but he's far more of a threat. This better not be ppv.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fury is a huge equally off the wall fella who knows he pulled it off before. That's a solid asset to bring into a ring. Unfortunately he's also been knocked silly by a wide right from one puffed up cruiserweight in Steve Cunningham. As flawed as Wilder is and as much as he leaves his doors open beyond anything other than a sharp 1-2..he sells out full bore on his punch. He showed some actual poise and timing early with Ortiz but if his bell in rung he'll go out on his shield and I can't say same about Fury. Then again all things being equal.. save for Ortiz ? it's a big step up for Wilder. Semi warming to this one and the freak show aspect helps . It's a good move having Fury come over with fan base in tow. Crazy to think it's only Wilders second time in Vegas.anyone want to wager on an 'injury' postponing it .
    Fury forever the rodeo clown is still a guy who blows up media wise no pun intended. He and Wilder showmanship wise will be signed by Vince McMahon by the final bell and Wilder needs a real push. Didn't AJ actually call Furys name out after his last fight? Fact that fat reformed Fury has multi threads says it . Would have preferred Whyte been saying but he's far more of a threat. This better not be ppv.
    It is Showtime PPV. Least that’s what I heard them say back in studio.Don’t see it doing too well on PPV...

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    Fury is a huge equally off the wall fella who knows he pulled it off before. That's a solid asset to bring into a ring. Unfortunately he's also been knocked silly by a wide right from one puffed up cruiserweight in Steve Cunningham. As flawed as Wilder is and as much as he leaves his doors open beyond anything other than a sharp 1-2..he sells out full bore on his punch. He showed some actual poise and timing early with Ortiz but if his bell in rung he'll go out on his shield and I can't say same about Fury. Then again all things being equal.. save for Ortiz ? it's a big step up for Wilder. Semi warming to this one and the freak show aspect helps . It's a good move having Fury come over with fan base in tow. Crazy to think it's only Wilders second time in Vegas.anyone want to wager on an 'injury' postponing it .
    It is Showtime PPV. Least that’s what I heard them say back in studio.Don’t see it doing too well on PPV...
    It will be ppv here and over in your country.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Who really buys this lumbering galoot ? he is big and awkward that's pretty much all he has.
    He cant punch , he looks awful , he is a total prick when he opens his mouth.
    If Frank Bruno had fought Pianeta he would have done him in a round and we would all be talking about how poor an opponent he was.
    "I needed the rounds" is just a smoke screen , a glorified sparring session at best , and it proved nothing.

Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    Is he ready and can he take the big shot when he inevitably gets caught with one? I’m starting to like Fury for showing such courage to take this fight, especially so early into his comeback.He might just be able to outbox Wilder, but I think he gets caught n KOd down the stretch. What say you guys?
    My money is on Wilder on this one. Too soon for Fury, Wilder has fought big guys like Fury and wore them down, Fury is not a super-puncher- or else he would have stretched Wlad- and Wilder has now proven he can take a punch from a great boxer in that of Ortiz.

Could go the distance. But all depends on how they see Fury down the stretch, but I believe Wilder just may have more in the tank to fight harder after 8 or 9 rounds than Fury can at this time.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Thread Information