Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Loma vs Pedraza, your thoughts?

What do you think?
    Last edited by Ron Swanson; 08-28-2018 at 05:04 AM.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Lona vs Pedraza, your thoughts?

Easy win for Loma, good tune up after surgery I guess for Loma and unifies another 2 belts. Needs to lead to a Garcia showdown tho.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Another route that I think is acceptable is it leading to Davis.

Earlier I was frustrated that for all the talk of Loma doing this and that so fast by number of fights in 6 years he has yet to face the best in any division he has campaigned. Seems a bit of hollow numbers. But I like the guy too much, I will back off my eagerness to see him challenge himself for another year. If it hasn’t happened by then I’m off the train.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post

Earlier I was frustrated that for all the talk of Loma doing this and that so fast by number of fights in 6 years he has yet to face the best in any division he has campaigned. Seems a bit of hollow numbers. But I like the guy too much, I will back off my eagerness to see him challenge himself for another year. If it hasn’t happened by then I’m off the train.
    Loma always fights the best who are willing to fight him.

He wanted to fight Davis at 130, but Gervonta's management decided they didn't want the fight.

The bad feelings between Mikey Garcia and Bob Arum may prevent Loma-Garcia from happening. But Loma wants it.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Davis has work at 130 for me Berchelt, Farmer before moving up. He has already struggled with the weight, so he could move up sooner. 135 is pretty thin other than Garcia and Linares in terms of big top class fights, so it could be a very good match up.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pedraza is a pretty good fighter, but he is nowhere near the level of Loma. I understand the fight, but I’m not super excited for it or anything. I will definitely watch it though.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Easy win for Loma but it makes sense if he was going to face Beltran.

Who are the "best" fighters Loma has swerved in each division? His record is completely and utterly brilliant for someone with a dozen fights.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He did lose to Salido, but I guess Salido didn't make 126 and never fought there again so we can't count that. The Russell Jr fight was brilliant. Especially considering where Gary is considerded now.

Uchiyama was the man at 130 but had been beaten just prior to Loma moving to 130 by Corrales, you could argue Corrales should have been considered the man at 130, or Salido who should have got the nod over Martinez in the rematch and Vargas, both were ruled draws. Loma iced Martinez tho. Vargas got beaten by Berchelt and Corrales got beaten by Machado, Loma was still at 130 while these 2 were present.

Now we have Mikey at 135. Let's hope it happens.

Loma's record is fantastic tho.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Linares was rated top 10 P4P by The Ring and without doubt had been top 1-2 at 135 for years. Loma stops him on his 135 debut but it's irrelevant as Mikey is 135 king.

Rigo P4P for years, the most dodged great in history. Loma stops him but it's irrelevant as Rigo was to small.

Walters was no.1 at featherweight, unbeaten (but for a robbery draw) and considered a fearsome punching huge featherweight. Loma stops him but it's irrelevant as it was at 130.

It's nothing but fans nitpicking Loma's record. If he faced the guys he apparently swerved the same fans would be arguing he ducked the names above.

I dare anyone to argue Crawford or Mikey's record is better? Yeah, Indongo and Horn and Postol? Gamboa is arguably Crawford's best win, who had life and death with Sosa, another Loma KO victim. Mikey has beat whom? Broner and Salido and Lopez and Martinez? More Loma victims.

This is nothing new of course, all great fighters get this treatment, I remember when Floyd was constantly ducking Shamba Mitchell among many other former forgotten fan favourites.
    Last edited by Fenster; 08-28-2018 at 04:37 AM.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I wasn't being sarcastic, I think Loma's record Is fantastic.

I was answering the question you asked about the best fighters in the divisions.

I think he should have fought Berchelt and Corrales before moving up from 130. Walters and Sosa and Rigondeaux were not the best in the division. There was also Salido who I pointed out should have had wins over Martinez and Vargas and held a win over Loma. Even Davis was around (although Floyd wouldn't let that happen).

I wouldn't have had Linares in the P4P although I think he was the #1 lightweight with Garcia being at 140. Now that Garcia is back they both need that fight.

Was Russell Jr #1 at 126 when they fought? I doubt it, he hadn't beat anyone.

Salido did beat him. Mikey defeated Salido and also holds a win over Martinez, anther guy on Loma's record. I personally think Mikey's record is on par, if not better.

Salido, Zlaticanin, Broner, Lipnets and Easter also undefeated.

Vs

Russell Jr, Walters, Sosa, Rigo, Linares.

Just my opinion.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Loma vs Pedraza, your thoughts?

Just on your last part there Fenster about Floyd ducking Mitchell, I don't remember it that way. He should have faced Freitas or Casamayor before leaving 130, Spadafora and Dorin at 135, and at 140 the only guy he should have targeted was Tszyu.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Easy win for Loma but it makes sense if he was going to face Beltran.

Who are the "best" fighters Loma has swerved in each division? His record is completely and utterly brilliant for someone with a dozen fights.
    Can you say anything without painting a dishonest picture? I didn’t say a word about him swerving anyone. I said he didn’t fight the best. Gary Russell in a vacant fight, not best. Moved up and Roman Martinez, not best. Moved up and Jorge Linares, not best. See, if you don’t change what I said it’s true.

I want to see the guy fight the best because he’s that good

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post

Loma always fights the best who are willing to fight him.

He wanted to fight Davis at 130, but Gervonta's management decided they didn't want the fight.

The bad feelings between Mikey Garcia and Bob Arum may prevent Loma-Garcia from happening. But Loma wants it.
    I just don’t buy this.(no offense)If fighters want fights they happen. Have we heard Loma say he is telling Bob to get him Garcia? Because we’ve heard Garcia “Loma is my best option so we are talking to people at Top Rank because Arum WON’T TALK TO US”. Mikey’s dad is quite clear he wants the Loma fight, Mikey’s trainer is quite clear he wants the Loma fight. Mikey says as far as risk/reward it is the best fight out there for him and he wants it but knows he won’t get it.

Don’t get me wrong, I think Loma would take the fight if it was presented to him. But it is his side that is holding it up so it is his job to be forceful that he wants it.

Look how far the double standards are in responsibility. The last thread talking about this fight we acknowledged

Arum won’t talk to Mikey
    Arum says he won’t negotiate with Mikey
    Arum says he is willing to make Mikey an offer
    Mikey says he is willing to negotiate
    Mikey is even trying with those at TR that will talk with him
    The one sticking point on Mikey’s side is he won’t sign an extension withTR

Now what was said about these known facts. People argued Mikey should sign an extended contract with TR. Why? If this sticking point was reversed nobody would say Loma should sign an extended contract to a promoter of Mikey’s choosing.

Nobody is saying Loma should demand Arum negotiates with Mikey, nobody is even saying Loma should demand Arum even speaks to Mikey. Why not?

Nobody is asking where is the offer Arum said he would make. Why not?

If people can’t see there is a double standard it is only because they are ignoring what is obvious to see.

—-
    What’s crazy about this is I really like Loma, I believe he is willing to fight whoever Arum tells him to fight, sort of. I only say sort of because everyone seems to have to come to him. In most he’s the name so okay, but PAC has to come to 135 according to Loma himself, why? Why not 138, 137? Always to him. I’m in no way saying he is avoiding. I’m just saying he is not facilitating.

If it’s his side that is keeping a Mikey fight from happening, and we know it is. He bares some responsibility. But people “Mikey should be out there making a scene forcing the fight”. Why is it the side that is willing that gets all the responsibility? If Loma is indeed looking to fight the best where are the calls for him to demand it?

Again, not saying he isn’t willing, just pointing out that there is a clear double standard.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hindsight being 20-20 it's a much better show for Loma than Beltran if he showed up remotely close to the Beltran we saw over the weekend. But still, it's just trinket collecting for Loma and Arum nothing more. Pedraza didn't just earn his spot he took someone else's and respect for that but he'll be the canvas and Loma will do the painting that night. I want these guys to get the 135 house in order, Garcia and Loma will go down as a super-fight missed. They really do need each other. More so now since both will hold all the shiny objects assuming Pedraza doesn't shock the world. Also Commey is a formidable fight for any of the trinket holders.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

My thoughts?

My thoughts are I'll be rooting for Pedraza, but understand that Loma should be comfortably favored.

Thread Information