Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  42
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Anthony Joshua promises to bring back aggressive style against Alexander Povetkin

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Anthony Joshua promises to bring back aggressive style against Alexander Povetkin

AJ might make the mistake of feeling the pressure of 2 back to back fights where he hasn't looked good and play right into Povetkins hands getting suckered into a phone box fight.
    To be honest if he can't beat an ageing and steroid free Povetkin then he's not what we thought he was.
    I personally think AJ is gonna absolutely destroy Povetkin inside 6 rounds by a Brutal KO.
    He'll be seriously pissed off about his range rover still πŸ‘ŠπŸ»πŸ˜Ž

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Anthony Joshua promises to bring back aggressive style against Alexander Povetkin

Rule number 1 promise nothing. Stop trying to be everything to everyone. And if you have to bring back an aggressive 'style' because the talk is getting to you..don't! Great way to get knocked out and wake up on your face. Keep your head, do your work.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Rule number 1 promise nothing. Stop trying to be everything to everyone. And if you have to bring back an aggressive 'style' because the talk is getting to you..don't! Great way to get knocked out and wake up on your face. Keep your head, do your work.
    He could just be baiting Povetkin into something as well, but who knows? I don't like it when fighters lay their strategies out for all to see or even SEEM to do so. I guess they feel as though they owe the press some comment and you want the fans to be interested in the fight but to what point?

I think Povetkin will give a good account of himself, I suspect AJ will win by KO but anything could happen especially since AJ is a young champion who has never lost, you never know how having the titles can change someone over time it's a big responsibility and trying just to appease your fans is a good way to lose everything.

Mentioned
    1671 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    He could just be baiting Povetkin into something as well, but who knows? I don't like it when fighters lay their strategies out for all to see or even SEEM to do so. I guess they feel as though they owe the press some comment and you want the fans to be interested in the fight but to what point?

I think Povetkin will give a good account of himself, I suspect AJ will win by KO but anything could happen especially since AJ is a young champion who has never lost, you never know how having the titles can change someone over time it's a big responsibility and trying just to appease your fans is a good way to lose everything.
    I think AJ is faking this going back to a more aggressive style. AJ is sensible and he has the height, reach and weight advantage. He will use it early on and if he sees an opening in Povetkin mid way through the fight he will take it otherwise, he will accept a comfortable UD.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post

I think AJ is faking this going back to a more aggressive style. AJ is sensible and he has the height, reach and weight advantage. He will use it early on and if he sees an opening in Povetkin mid way through the fight he will take it otherwise, he will accept a comfortable UD.
    Landing the uppercut is the key to success for him because of Povetkin's style, however....then it's Povetkin's left hook vs AJ's uppercut which is faster?

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If you’ve listened to the interview it’s one lie after another. Verifiable undeniable bold faced lies. Like saying Wilder had never called him out until after Takam, bold faced lie. He even responded to Wilder calling him out long before that telling him to ha e patience. What, we are supposed to believe he forgot that? Get the .... out of here with that nonsense. I started to write down all the lies in the interview but I don’t have the time because it’s one after another. I see no reason to believe this after listening to the rest.

I left room to get back on the AJ bandwagon if he just made the right fights but listening to this interview has ended any opportunity for me. The dude is completely FOS. He lies constantly. He is the ..... all these heavies keep saying he is. Great fighter, complete .....

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ron, your jotted down notes are greatly appreciated, don't let them off the hook mate.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm fully expecting another safety first AJ I think that he will be all to aware of what a defeat on his record will do to his potential future earnings.

The UK Sky boxing fans are a fickle lot, they will lap it up whilst he has his 0 but as soon as that is gone so are the crowds.

I don't agree with it but that's the way it is, even if the crowds still turn out for him after a loss the hype won't be there.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Crowds?
    Wembley still hasn't sold out yet πŸ˜‰

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    AJ might make the mistake of feeling the pressure of 2 back to back fights where he hasn't looked good and play right into Povetkins hands getting suckered into a phone box fight.
    To be honest if he can't beat an ageing and steroid free Povetkin then he's not what we thought he was.
    I personally think AJ is gonna absolutely destroy Povetkin inside 6 rounds by a Brutal KO.
    Wow that's a great analysis.

Wow.

I think mine was better though and I think that Little Tony is a hype job, fighting 39 year olds and oh wait a 41 year old fighter before that.

Meanwhile Deontay Wilder is fighting a giant of a man in the absolute prime of his career in Tyson Fury.

So who's the pussy?

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post

Wow.

I think mine was better though and I think that Little Tony is a hype job, fighting 39 year olds and oh wait a 41 year old fighter before that.

Meanwhile Deontay Wilder is fighting a giant of a man in the absolute prime of his career in Tyson Fury.

So who's the pussy?

Nobody mentioned Pussy did they?
    Just you trolling the shit out of anything Joshua over and over.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wow.

So who's the pussy?

People use the word trolling too much to describe when people criticize a topic. I am criticizing Anthony Joshua. I believe he is overhyped. I believe he is no different than a Frank Bruno or a Michael Grant. I believe two out of his last three opponents well over the hill in Wladimir Klitschko and now this thirty-nine-year-old povetkin. I believe he is a managed and pampered fighter and will not make it outside of his little circle. I just call it criticizing

I'll give you this however: I am such an avid and rabid boxing fan that I should have kept that type of criticism to a one shot deal. I probably have mentioned it too many times so for my redundancy I will agree with you, I should have kept my one vicious and rabbit criticism of Anthony Joshua 2 a minimum and not gone so vehemently into multiple criticisms

I will not criticize Anthony Joshua anymore

El Kabong Guest

People use the word trolling too much to describe when people criticize a topic. I am criticizing Anthony Joshua. I believe he is overhyped. I believe he is no different than a Frank Bruno or a Michael Grant. I believe two out of his last three opponents well over the hill in Wladimir Klitschko and now this thirty-nine-year-old povetkin. I believe he is a managed and pampered fighter and will not make it outside of his little circle. I just call it criticizing

I'll give you this however: I am such an avid and rabid boxing fan that I should have kept that type of criticism to a one shot deal. I probably have mentioned it too many times so for my redundancy I will agree with you, I should have kept my one vicious and rabbit criticism of Anthony Joshua 2 a minimum and not gone so vehemently into multiple criticisms

Rabid criticism brockton......rabid....rabbit criticism would only be used if Anthony Joshua was stealing the lettuce and carrots out of my garden.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lyle, good points but now that I think about it you better let Little Tony the Rabbit take as many tomatoes and as much lettuce out of your garden as he can,the little Peter Cottontail, because when Florence comes in that place could be a-swimmin

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wow.

So who's the pussy?

There is nothing wrong with criticizing a fighter but you are literally fucking spamming the place at the moment and just repeating yourself over and over again, we get it you don't like 'little Tony Joshua' you think he is robotic, you think he is like Bruno, you think Klit was over the hill, you think Wilder will kill him, we get it...and not you think he is a fucking rabbit for some reason which is pretty funny (we all know your brain works in mysterious ways) but you don't need to repeat that 8 times on the next page.

put forward an argument, get into a debate, don't just fucking spam the place, it smacks of Denilson style desperation, keep the spamming to off topic.

Thread Information