Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Floyd's chin

Everyone seems to think that Floyd can't take Zab's punches.

You're wrong. Omar Weiss don't have "D" like Floyd, or the chin. Did Zab KO him? No. Mickey Ward is a tough a**, but took all of Zab's shots. Gatti dropped Ward. Floyd didn't fall to Gatti's shot's. Castillo hit's as hard, and has at least as good of chin as Tszyu. Floyd took his shots, but it was Zab that couldn't take the punches.

I know, I know, Floyd is the best talent that won't fight anyone. But, picking Zab? Yes the ability is there. But, to act like Floyd can't take his shots? You people are ridiculous. That's right, you heard it here.
    If Zab wins a decision, good for him. But, Floyd won't get KOd. He's not a pu**y like Spinks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Floyd's chin

As simple as that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ummm. I don't see the PBF taking Gatti's shots being a very good argument. How many punches did he land? 2? Floyd must have hit him 30,000 times. The only time Gatti went down was when he was looking at the ref asking him if he saw the third Lord of the Rings.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Entragian
    Ummm. I don't see the PBF taking Gatti's shots being a very good argument. How many punches did he land? 2? Floyd must have hit him 30,000 times. The only time Gatti went down was when he was looking at the ref asking him if he saw the third Lord of the Rings.
    The argument is a whole. Alot of people on this site seem to think that Floyd can't handle Zab's power. You're right, Gatti couldn't land because of Floyd's "D", and his punch output. But, the point is, Gatti did land, and Castillo landed, and alot of people. And everyone says Zab's power is too much for Floyd. Well, he don't hit much harder than Gatti, seeing is how, Gatti dropped Ward, and Zab didn't. Castillo hits at least as hard as Zab. corrales hits close to Zab. Why would anyone think that Zab can floor Floyd?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Corley wobbled him so there's still that slight question mark aint there?

Thing is with Floyd it doesn't matter at this stage in his career if his chin is in fact suspect...cos he's so fast that no one even gets near it anyway!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

bollocks gatti landed on floyd. nothing clean and nothing that would have droped any light welter at the time. dont try and make out that floyd can take a shot when he has never actually been hit clean. corrales didnt really conect, neither did gatt. zabs chin is in question because he has taken shots and it has been tested. with mayweather's chin its still unknown.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Corley hurt him badly. Real badly.
    http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Maaan, I have not seen Floyd-Corley, I have PBF'S career but that fight does not work, was Floyd badly hurt?? Also, I agree with your argument unknowndonor but Castillo does not hit as hard as Tszyu,if you mean one punch power.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

To be honest, Corley landed a pretty good shot on Floyd that basically stunned him. His legs didn't turn to rubber and he wasn't falling all over the place. He actually handled it quite well. I just think it was kind of a "oh shit" moment for Floyd. He just stiffened up and fell back. Corley didn't really have anything to finish it off. My point is, if Zab lands that same shot then he definitely follows it up. This fight is not a sure thing. Zab has a helluva shot IMO.

http://msn.foxsports.com/boxing/story/5473660

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I suppose we will find out on sat!!!Unless of course Zab cant get close enough to land a good punch

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yea bullshit Corley hurt him BADLY ... He hurt him like any fighter ever wobbles anyone, and it was a weird looping punch Floyd didn't see.. He actually recovered very quickly and went back to his corner smiling, then went on to deliver a beat down for 8 rounds never being bothered again.. don't make a big deal out of it anyone can be wobbled by a punch they don't see. Perhaps the best shot ever landed on Floyd was a left hook from Emanuel Augustus, at least imo and if you watch the replay his head snaps way back... And it didn't do shit. Castillo hit him with a couple good left hooks but his shoulder partially blocked the one that looked like it landed big imo, and he certainly never wobbled Floyd although he probably hits alot harder than Corle. But I don't agree with this thread either, Zab has legitimate power that could concern Floyd, if he is able to land.. That's the question, theres no doubt Zab will have the power to hurt Floyd if he can find a way to use it. Castillo does not hit as hard as Judah like you say, there's no way.. And Gatti, well maybe on a punch for punch basis but that's only when he wings his punches from miles away against mediocre fighters. PLus Zab fought Ward a long time before Gatti did, Micky was old by the time he fought Gatti and that was after their first fight that he was dropped in the 2nd or 3rd. Seriously, it would only take one great left hand from Judah, or an uppercut like Corley landed, and he could hurt PBF. But I don't see it happening.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Exactly. If Floyd can't knock Zab out we're in for a real treat. Zab is bound to land. He's more than fast enough. My real fear (being a Zab fan) is that Floyd has enough power to stun him repeatedly. If Zabs legs turn to rubber this fight is over. No way Floyd lets a moment like that pass.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm looking forward to this one, personally I think it could be one hell of a fight.

Judah Baldmoir has zero relevance to me, Judah was dreadful on the night but that wasn't the best of him by a long way.

If, and it really is an if, he can come in focused and mentally prepared then Judah could turn this into a war. My biggest concern with Judah is not his fitness or his chin, it's how he will cope mentally if he is hurt. We have seen against Tzsyu and more recently in that terrible 7th round with Baldomir that Judah tends to go crazy when he is hurt.

If he does that on Saturday night then it's fight over, but if he can keep a cool head he has a better chance of ending Mayweather's reign as best p4p than anybody.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I dont think its a matter of IF Floyd lands its when he lands. He is just to accurate with his shots, he does not go out there and just winging shots at people. He is very deliberate in what he throws and how he throws them. My biggest fear is that this will turn into a Hopkins/Taylor type of fight, where neither fighter wants to be the first to throw. Zab has said he is going to press the fight from the first bell. So it could turn into a good fight.
    You must be the change you want to see in the world. --Mahatma Gandhi

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ya never know if a boxer like Floyd has a chin or not coz he skillfully evades most shots pretty well. But that's exactly why he doesn't need a good chin in the first place - coz he simply doesn't get hit, unlike boxers like Barrera, Morales and Pacman who just go banging in and get hit and hit in return. In their case, it's the survivor of the fittest chin. But even for Floyd, having a good chin helps a lot too, like an extra insurance; who knows, maybe he does have one.
    Once in awhile, get outside in fresh air, take a deep breath & with a deep sigh, let out all the things that's bottled up inside you & be free, & you'll get a glimpse of nirvana.

Thread Information