39. This poll is closed
  • GGG

26 66.67%
  • Canelo

9 23.08%
  • Draw

4 10.26%
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Who do you think won GGG/Canelo 2?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Who do you think won GGG/Canelo 2?

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Well, Hulk and Dia said they thought GGG won but didn't vote. Armin said he thought GGG won but mistakenly voted Canelo. Walrus didn't see the fight but voted Canelo.

You make the necessary adjustments, and the poll favors GGG with almost 75%, which surpasses the 70% opinion of the boxing experts posted earlier.

For not having been a robbery, it should've been pretty clear cut.

But once again.... the Golden Boy cash cow..... in Vegas. Nothing else need be said.

Canelo will lose when someone knocks him out, because obviously he'll never lose a decision in Vegas, nor will he ever fight anywhere else.
    And two people I know voted for Canelo aren’t reputable poster IMO and had either an obvious bias or were just trolling.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Canelo is getting alot of hate because the 118 - 110 scorecard from the first fight and it has clouded a lot of people's judgement who are trying to do justice for GGG. Everyone is talking about GGG's jab but what about Canelo's body work? his control of the pace? inside work? defense? walking down the hardest hitter at middleweight and beating him at his own game? Landing more power shots?

Everyone has moved on from hating Floyd to hating Canelo now.

Boxing is getting more attention these days due to social media and what not but it has brought in a lot of emotional people who get tied up with the story and emotion of the fight and score based off of that rather than the actual fight itself. Ignore what has happened in the past and don't try to do justice for GGG and you will see GGG lost a close fight.
    He Who Is Brave Is Free

Wisdom, compassion and courage are the three universally recognised moral qualities of men.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Well, Hulk and Dia said they thought GGG won but didn't vote. Armin said he thought GGG won but mistakenly voted Canelo. Walrus didn't see the fight but voted Canelo.

You make the necessary adjustments, and the poll favors GGG with almost 75%, which surpasses the 70% opinion of the boxing experts posted earlier.

For not having been a robbery, it should've been pretty clear cut.

But once again.... the Golden Boy cash cow..... in Vegas. Nothing else need be said.

Canelo will lose when someone knocks him out, because obviously he'll never lose a decision in Vegas, nor will he ever fight anywhere else.
    No tits I voted Canelo by error. I was just checking out the poll and must have hit it in error
    I would like to eliminate your vote. Not because I am inherently fascistic, but because you admit it was an error. Unfortunately I have no way of changing the poll.
    Sorry miles I meant to hit like. Just watched the fight. I saw it as close with the edge to triple G. It was a good fight. I watched it on my phone which makes it a bit more difficult to score. Canelo got rocked pretty hard in the eighth but damn both them guys can take a punch. I thought Canelo did much better this fight staying off the ropes. I wouldn’t have been shocked if they called this one a draw, last fight was clearly triple G. It was a good performance all around, I’ll watch it again on the big screen to better judge it but I enjoyed the fight. Plus I watched it at work so I made some money as I watched.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think the emotion is in suggesting that judges were swayed by pre fight hype meaning that 'Canelo coming forward' means Canelo is winning or something akin to that. Those must be emotional judges and what kind of independent adjudicator is basing their evaluation on pre fight bluster?

What I saw was a clever GGG deciding to jab and box his way through those early rounds. Emotion is suggesting GGG lost rounds because he wasn't going to war. Personally I think he was doing what Marquez was doing to Manny which was to outbox his opponent.

Then in the second half when asked to step on the gas he did so throwing more and landing the more telling power shots. If judges are being persuaded that Canelo standing there is him controlling the fight then I find that strange because GGG was doing far more work. Of course GGG was breathing hard, he was working a good 30% harder than Canelo. It's hard work throw punches for 36 minutes at 36 years of age and he still showed a greater workrate and ability to land than Canelo who is seemingly in his prime. Again to base any decision on how heavy a fighter is breathing would be rather strange. It's about who is landing and hurting who. I saw GGG outland Canelo and hurt him several times down the stretch. Canelo does have a heck of a beard and the chin is very good too.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I wonder about GGG's trainer too. It seems to me he is appeasing as the rematch adds to his retirement fund. Just my hunch. GGG has been more honest with his reactions by walking out and saying he did enough. He is obviously quite upset. It makes me wonder if GGG should go with Roach instead and try it one last time. If GGG's own trainer is against the consensus then I wonder what he is really about. Did he really not see the good work was doing by using the jab so well? Abel's reactions are very strange to me.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    I wonder about GGG's trainer too. It seems to me he is appeasing as the rematch adds to his retirement fund. Just my hunch. GGG has been more honest with his reactions by walking out and saying he did enough. He is obviously quite upset. It makes me wonder if GGG should go with Roach instead and try it one last time. If GGG's own trainer is against the consensus then I wonder what he is really about. Did he really not see the good work was doing by using the jab so well? Abel's reactions are very strange to me.
    I forget what round it was, maybe the fifth or so but it sounded like Abel told GGG “we are losing” it was very quick as soon as G took a seat. I probably didn’t hear it clearly but it did sound like that

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ruthless rocco View Post
    Jabs vs power punches - Canelo won ya babies!!!
    Jabs are power punches. "Power" sounds sexier than "other" hence millions of foolish fans believing an idea created for TV to make commentators sound sophisticated is an exact science.

And if you want to play punchstats, whilst ignoring jabs, your hero Floyd lost the first fight to Maidana on "power punches."
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes, you could make the case that a jab from the likes of Wlad, Kov or GGG are 'power punches'. An effective jab shows that you are controlling range and if it is landing consistently then you are doing what you are setting out to do. I don't see how Canelo not running away makes that any less effective. It reminds me a bit of Marquez/Barrera also where I thought Barrera controlled the early rounds mainly through his jab. But in that fight Marquez was the one more effective with the power punches later on. I still think that was an excellent Barrera fight with a deciding KD being the difference overall. In this fight the more effective second half power punches were from GGG.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I mean a KD that was not scored. Barrera knocked down Marquez but lost his cool and lost a point instead. Great round that as Barrera was struggling that round.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Never leave it in the hands of the judges...

What was the poorer decision...
    ODLH V Tito
    GGG V Canelo
    PBF V Maidana

Mentioned
    1671 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ruthless rocco View Post
    Never leave it in the hands of the judges...

What was the poorer decision...
    ODLH V Tito
    GGG V Canelo
    PBF V Maidana
    Does not matter, poor decision is a poor decision. It was not a robbery, because the rounds were very close and my score card was wide, just a bad decision.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The first fight was genuinely an outlandish robbery, with one of the single worst judges cards I have ever seen (and that's saying something)

The second fight, which was a great fight no doubt about it, was much closer than the first. It was Canelo who made adjustments and improved. He showed real skill, quality and heart in there.

I do think GGG won the second fight too, but it was close enough that the judges could have gone either way. After what happened first time around, Golovkin must have suspected he didn't win clearly enough.

Its pretty outrageous that this can happen in a multi million dollar global event, and this has a big effect on all sorts of things. GGG has been the best middleweight I've seen since Hagler, and this leaves a very nasty taste in the mouth.
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The funny thing was I gave it to Triple G by 1 Point on my scoring before the decision was announced. I watched it again yesterday and I scored it for Canelo. I thought that Canelo definitely won the last round and that was a key and I also think that his body shots or very effective and the fact that he was moving Triple G back and forced Triple G to use his boxing techniques more he kind of took away triple G's forward-moving steamrolling kind of thing and I agree that is pure victory as far as ring generalship goes. When you combine that with triple G's flat-footed kind of strategy meaning did the guy really try hard to go for a knockout like he said? Where is his body attack? I don't know man. I now think that Canelo won the fight. I think Canelo won four out of the first six rounds. And the last round. So right there that's five round so all you have to do is give him two more rounds between round 6 and round 12

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by X View Post
    The first fight was genuinely an outlandish robbery, with one of the single worst judges cards I have ever seen (and that's saying something)

The second fight, which was a great fight no doubt about it, was much closer than the first. It was Canelo who made adjustments and improved. He showed real skill, quality and heart in there.

I do think GGG won the second fight too, but it was close enough that the judges could have gone either way. After what happened first time around, Golovkin must have suspected he didn't win clearly enough.

Its pretty outrageous that this can happen in a multi million dollar global event, and this has a big effect on all sorts of things. GGG has been the best middleweight I've seen since Hagler, and this leaves a very nasty taste in the mouth.
    Thanks X that is pretty much how I see but u white guys always say it better

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I disagree Brock. I don't it is on GGG to have Canelo fleeing to be doing what he wants to do. We cannot just say 'Well GGG usually backs opponents up' and 'Canelo usually runs' but this time it was different so Canelo wins. I find that a strange way of looking at it. If you are outlanding your opponent and managing to get hit less than the other guy is hitting you then you are outboxing your opponent. GGG was outboxing Canelo in that first half. And why not if the other guy is just walking you down and trying to smother? Surely we aren't judging a fight based on what we think someone is going to do otherwise we are penalising someone for having a plan B. That doesn't make sense to me. That is where I find Andre Ward's analysis corny but then again he got outboxed against Kov and got the decision so he would think like that. 😕

Thread Information