Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Fury v Wilder - Staples Center, Los Angeles 1/12/18

He was a novice. Not as though he was sparked out or anything. He is not facing Wlad here.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Deontay Wilder vs Tyson Fury: Bronze Bomber gunning for first-round KO of ‘scared’ Gypsy King

The trash talk has intensified with very little time remaining until the big fight

Deontay Wilder has declared he could blast Tyson Fury out of the ring in one round on Saturday night.

The WBC champion disposed of mandatory challenger Bermane Stiverne within three dramatic minutes little over a year ago, and believes his upcoming bout could play out in similar fashion.

“I’m definitely – the way I’m feeling – I could see a first round knockout,” Wilder told ThaBoxingVoice when asked about his heated demeanour on fight week.

“This guy is scared, Tyson Fury is scared. I know fear.

“It’s certain ways you look, certain ways with your eye contract, certain ways with your facial expressions. Even certain things that you said.

“I’ve been in a lot of situations in my lifetime, I’ve been a lot of fights too, I know what fear looks like.

“I know what fear looks like, I can sense it. Just like a dog can smell fear, we can do the same thing too.”

Deontay Wilder sympathises with his opponent however, and thinks it’s understandable that he should fear him due to his explosive punching power.

The American is 40-0 with 39 KOs, having rematched the only person he beat by decision (Stiverne) and then blitzed him too.

“Why would he not be scared?” Wilder continued, “I’m a 98 per cent knockout ratio, he‘s only 70 per cent.

“He’s never been in the ring with someone of my calibre. Every fight he’s been in has been a boring fight.

“The only fight that was exciting was seeing him getting dropped by Steve Cunningham, a cruiserweight.

“With me, I’m a natural killer. I have a natural killer instinct in the ring.

“I’ve knocked out every fighter in the ring, that right there speaks volumes.”

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/4...und-ko-scared/
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Deontay Wilder vs Tyson Fury: British contender Anthony Yarde has last-minute fight announced for undercard

The light-heavyweight will return to action on the December 1 show

Anthony Yarde will face Israel Duffus on the undercard of Deontay Wilder vs Tyson Fury this Saturday.

The British light-heavyweight contender is looking to move to 18-0, having already won his first 17 contests, 16 by knockout.

Yarde has come in for criticism in some spaces regarding the lack of testing opposition he has faced him in his professional career thus far – and his latest foe will do nothing to change that.

However. it is acknowledged that the Londoner had limited amateur experience and so is very much learning on the job.

26-year-old Duffus is a Panamanian boxer who has 19 wins and five losses on his record. He was last seen in a unanimous decision defeat to Charles Foster on November 18.

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/4...anthony-yarde/

El Kabong Guest

SOOOOO MUUUUCH TALKING.....I mean I get it, the fighters have mics shoved in their faces and the media want soundbites, the fans want drama, but holy shit it drives me nuts as a fan sometimes because we'll hear all this talking and then post fight "Oh I didn't win because I have a broken pinky toe" or some other bullshit excuse for why the fight wasn't a slugfest or KO as they predicted.

The mind games that are played are pointless IMO...you want to get in a fighter's head? Well if you don't do it right you COULD get them completely focused, you COULD reveal your own gameplan and they'll just be ready for that and use it against you, you COULD inspire your foe to victory with bulletin board material.

My point is that talking so much shit it reaches a point of diminishing returns...it is not exciting as a fan when 100% of everyone is all "I'm going to kill that guy!", yes yes we know, everyone else says that shit too the winners AND the losers.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Deontay Wilder vs Tyson Fury: Gypsy King claims his brother scared Wilder’s brother off during press conference fight

The Brit has reflected on the antics of fight week

Tyson Fury has revealed what happened between his brother and Deontay Wilder’s brother during their final press conference clash.

The challenger has apologised on both his and the American’s behalf for the scuffle, which ended with him standing shirtless after a heated head-to-head.

“Deontay Wilder’s obviously nervous and rattled and he felt like he had the need to get in my face,” explained Fury to a group of reporters.

“He’s lucky I didn’t take his teeth out, he got right up close to me in my face, I could smell his breath. I could feel the spit coming out of his mouth when he was screaming and ranting about rubbish.

“I was [cool], but I was thinking about hitting him with a left hook and head-butting him, but I thought, ‘That’s what he wants me to do, to get out of the fight.’”

The pair ended up separated as things began to boil over, preventing any serious damage, however – unbeknownst to many – there was a second fight going on in the background.

Tyson Fury’s brother, Shane, can be seen ditching the crutches he is currently walking on to jump into the action, apparently pursuing Deontay Wilder’s brother who was also on stage.

“It would have went off,” Fury continued, “Because he had his few boys yeah, but they’re not serious.

“I had my family there and we would have done them right in, there and then.

“Wilder’s brother gave it a big ’un. He was screaming and shouting trying to get forward.

“My brother throws two punches at him and he ran away.

“This is a serious thing to us. It isn’t playtime, we’re not there to act. This is it.”

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/4...ference-fight/

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wilder v Fury predictions: George Foreman believes the American to win but boxing greats are split

Deontay Wilder v Tyson Fury

Venue: Staples Center, Los Angeles Date: Saturday, 1 December (local) Time: From 04:00 GMT on Sunday, 2 December

Coverage: Live commentary on BBC Radio 5 live and live text commentary on the BBC Sport website and app

Two-time world heavyweight champion George Foreman believes Deontay Wilder will overcome Tyson Fury in a bout which has divided some of boxing's biggest names.

Wilder, 33, will put his WBC heavyweight title on the line at Los Angeles' Staples Center on Saturday - roughly 04:30 GMT on Sunday in the UK.

Many pundits see Fury's best chance being a points win, with Wilder posing the greater threat of a knockout.

"I can see Fury going 12 rounds with Wilder because of his height and reach," said Foreman. "I think Wilder wins a close decision."

Who do you think will win? Send your predictions to #bbcboxing.

Former world middleweight champion Billy Joe Saunders has shared footage of himself apparently staking £70,000 on 30-year-old Fury in the bout, which will be broadcast on BBC Radio 5 live.

The bout has split experts on whether Fury - in just his third fight since returning to the sport having battled depression and served a backdated doping ban during more than two and a half years away - can inflict a first defeat of Wilder's career.

Two-time heavyweight champion Mike Tyson said: "Although Wilder's punch is strong, nothing can compare to the mental strength Fury has shown both in and out of the ring. It'll be a close call, but I think Fury's got a true fighting chance."

Events during fight week included Fury and Wilder clashing at a heated news conference. The incident only served to add further intensity to a contest which has been billed as the biggest heavyweight bout on US soil since Lennox Lewis overcame Vitali Klitschko at the same venue in 2003.

"If it goes the distance then it belongs to Tyson Fury," said Lewis. "If it's a short fight it will belong to Deontay Wilder. This is an epic and most unpredictable showdown. I can't wait for this fight."

Wilder boasts 39 knockouts from his 40 wins and Fury, who has won all 27 of his professional contests, has stated his opponent is possibly the hardest punching heavyweight of all time.

Those backing the American say that while public perception may focus on an occasionally erratic technique, there is no fighter better at closing out a bout when they have their opponent hurt.

His last opponent, Cuba's Luis Ortiz, said: "It's all up to Wilder. If Fury decides he wants to come to the middle of the ring and fight, then it's going to be over quick. Wilder is going to catch him. Prediction: Wilder by KO."

Riddick Bowe, who held world titles at heavyweight between 1992 and 1995, expects Wilder to win with "ease" via a knockout.

And former US heavyweight Gerry Cooney warned Fury he is "barking up the wrong tree" in facing Wilder, describing the American as "a different kind of beast" who will win "inside four or five rounds".

'This is not boxer v KO artist' - analysis

It has to be a fluid boxing, skilful, tactical Tyson Fury if he is to win. However, and this is something people ignore, what if Wilder wants to jab and not commit? Tyson Fury is committed to Wilder over-committing. What if Wilder doesn't play ball? What if he thinks 'I'll throw some jabs and not chase him?' That's interesting.

This is not fighter v puncher, boxer v KO artist. It is far more.

BBC boxing correspondent Mike Costello

This theme that Wilder can't box - look back 10 years ago and he won bronze at the Olympic Games. He reached the semi-finals three years after taking up the sport. He lost to an Italian who in the previous round had beaten Oleksandr Usyk, a man who graced us with a superb display against Tony Bellew this month.

You can't compile that form if you are just a slugger.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/46385554

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Weigh-in will start soon.

El Kabong Guest

Tyson Fury 256 & 1/2

El Kabong Guest

Deontay Wilder 212 & 1/2

El Kabong Guest

I'd imagine Wilder is lighter than normal because he's looking for endurance and going deep in the fight....Fury is a bit heavy, maybe he's coming to drop bombs and try to chin Deontay.

Who knows

El Kabong Guest

So no one cares?

21 pages, the weigh in, final face to face.......nothin?

No final predictions?

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What the fuck was that mask all about ?

Fury looks ten years younger today
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wilder is not a super heavyweight. He is only 212. That’s crazy. He’s probably not any heavier than many cruiserweights. I wonder if he could sweat down another 12 pounds.

Thread Information