Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  114
Dislikes Dislikes:  1
Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Red Dead Redemption - anyone playing ?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Red Dead Redemption - anyone playing ?

Question.

How many of you are using auto lock on target option for gunfights?

I switched to free aim but it's so fucking sensitive eg your aiming to left off someones head, move it slightly and you're on other side. Is there somewhere to turn sensitivity down??

Doing more shooting now makes the game better for me. Again the cores are irritating and having to pause gunfights to chew gum. Have a tonic or even a bar of chocolate before you resume gunplay....
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I use the auto aim...I think

I've been spending my time hunting because I wanna get all the satchels, it's extremely time consuming, traveling half way across the map in search of a bison just to travel all the way back to camp only to travel all the way back again to hunt a buck just to travel all the way back to camp is a bit of a chore.

Has anyone else found Magnifico, fucking bizarre that mission was

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Don't know anything about magnifico.

Am actually just trying hunting for a legendary animal this morning - if you fuck it up you have to camp for 72 hours before the fucker comes back.

Again like everything else - time consuming.

i use auto lock when on horseback (impossible to shoot anything otherwise) but not when on foot in gunfights - hard

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I didn't realize there was anything but auto lock. Been working on weapon upgrades and walked into some 'mystery' with mutilated bodies under some train trestle.

And it's finally happened..caught myself talking to dogs at work like the player does his horse. Complete with the Southern drawl..'that's my bwoooy you're alright bwoooy' . Ok too much information.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yea I never use the manual aim.

Haven't done anything with magnifico.

I have manged to fully complete 2 challenges, bandit and the horse one. Getting there on a few others. Still rolling with one bounty over $1,300.00. F-ckers always try to ambush me when I'm picking herbs, then need to get back to my horse and try to escape. They're not taking me alive! Not sure how many of my horses have been killed in my escapes

I'm a little past the helping Mary and her father.

Taking a little break, as some have said, lots of time consuming stuff and you can spend a couple of hours doing basically nothing.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I found Auto aim a bit too easy so switched to manual which is awkward and getting me killed a lot.

Might switch back I guess no point taking any longer to finish this than I need to

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Getting the hang of crafting, camp upgrades etc. Ammo manufacturing is where it's at. Learned to turn off auto save and keep the bounties in check but I have yet to rob a single person. The whole hunting 'perfect' hides for leather work seems near impossible though and one thing that gets you is the 'wounding' of animals. Hit's you in the feels . Is there a way in dead eye to pick your 'X'? Seems like once you paint a target it aims at first spot it touches and different from first game.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I’ve not even done any crafting or ammo manufacturing. Seems a bit dull.

I been in London a few days so not played for a while. Think my last save I was hunting a legendary coyote but no sign of the twat.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Getting the hang of crafting, camp upgrades etc. Ammo manufacturing is where it's at. Learned to turn off auto save and keep the bounties in check but I have yet to rob a single person. The whole hunting 'perfect' hides for leather work seems near impossible though and one thing that gets you is the 'wounding' of animals. Hit's you in the feels . Is there a way in dead eye to pick your 'X'? Seems like once you paint a target it aims at first spot it touches and different from first game.
    I never paint in dead eye, just head shots, then aim at next target, into dead eye target head again, repeat.

Yea perfect skins are hard, you can lasso bigger things and these use the O to kill it, generally gives perfect skins.

Once you get a bounty somewhere, try to complete as many bandit challenges as you can in that area, instead of getting bounties all over the place.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I never paint in dead eye, just head shots, then aim at next target, into dead eye target head again, repeat.

Yea perfect skins are hard, you can lasso bigger things and these use the O to kill it, generally gives perfect skins.

Once you get a bounty somewhere, try to complete as many bandit challenges as you can in that area, instead of getting bounties all over the place.
    I might be doing it the hard way then, usually I hit dead eye and still have to aim and hope to X head first. It doesn't go auto. No idea about the lasso but makes sense.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post
    I’ve not even done any crafting or ammo manufacturing. Seems a bit dull.

I been in London a few days so not played for a while. Think my last save I was hunting a legendary coyote but no sign of the twat.
    Hollow points and incendiary slugs come in real handy when things get up close . Went for the coyote too..in some dried out lake bed area?..but ended up chasing down a jailed Lolita and freeing her from the coppers.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post

I might be doing it the hard way then, usually I hit dead eye and still have to aim and hope to X head first. It doesn't go auto. No idea about the lasso but makes sense.
    Yea try aiming first, this should auto target an enemy. Then quickly click into dead eye. So it should be slowed down with a target on your enemy. Move your target to your enemies head as quickly as you can and then fire. This will take you out of dead eye, but just target your next enemy, enter dead eye again quickly and blast them in the head.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So after about an hour i finally kill the legendary coyote - shot him three times but he fucked off. After ten minutes trying to find him again messag comes up I’ve killed him and I find his body by a tree.

Ride about twenty minutes to the trapper with him on the back of my horse - am attached by a bandit who I fend off and kill - and get to the trapper. Go to sell the pelt and the fucking thing is no longer on the back of my horse. Twatting thing must have fallen off.

Words fucking fail me.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post
    So after about an hour i finally kill the legendary coyote - shot him three times but he fucked off. After ten minutes trying to find him again messag comes up I’ve killed him and I find his body by a tree.

Ride about twenty minutes to the trapper with him on the back of my horse - am attached by a bandit who I fend off and kill - and get to the trapper. Go to sell the pelt and the fucking thing is no longer on the back of my horse. Twatting thing must have fallen off.

Words fucking fail me.
    Keep checking back at the fence, it'll show up there sooner or later apparently, I haven't had to do it yet but that's what I read so I can't say how true it is.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just gotta get a perfect panther pelt and then I have got all of the satchels

Thread Information