Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  12
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Amir khan's bizarre kell brook blast: "there's talk about him being gay"

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Amir khan's bizarre kell brook blast: "there's talk about him being gay"

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Just because it has always been the way does not make it right.

There should be standard for PPV level which should be world class fighters fighting one another or unification of major belts. Greedy promoters and their personal rivalries have resulted in poor PPV’s fights which have gradually got worse and now they are putting them on at the same time. There is no real choice for boxing fans who want to watch the fight live on the screen - pay or stream it.

No real choice for boxing fans? Is that a joke? You watch illegal streams every single week regardless of whether or not it's the most famous fighters in the world - Canelo, AJ, Fury, Wilder, GGG - or these "greedy shows" you consider a con.

You moaners don't buy anything, never have and never will, don't even pretend two PPV's at the same time effect you, or the "standard" matters. You'll be here Saturday night posting to yourself and Batman regardless
    Not too sure on that one Fenners, my flat flooded the other day so I'm having to stay at me mom n dads at the minute, it'll be tough and go as to whether I'm back home to watch either fight
    Maybe you can go round to Kell brooks house :S

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Amir khan's bizarre kell brook blast: "there's talk about him being gay"

Quote Originally Posted by palmerq View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Just because it has always been the way does not make it right.

There should be standard for PPV level which should be world class fighters fighting one another or unification of major belts. Greedy promoters and their personal rivalries have resulted in poor PPV’s fights which have gradually got worse and now they are putting them on at the same time. There is no real choice for boxing fans who want to watch the fight live on the screen - pay or stream it.

No real choice for boxing fans? Is that a joke? You watch illegal streams every single week regardless of whether or not it's the most famous fighters in the world - Canelo, AJ, Fury, Wilder, GGG - or these "greedy shows" you consider a con.

You moaners don't buy anything, never have and never will, don't even pretend two PPV's at the same time effect you, or the "standard" matters. You'll be here Saturday night posting to yourself and Batman regardless
    Not too sure on that one Fenners, my flat flooded the other day so I'm having to stay at me mom n dads at the minute, it'll be tough and go as to whether I'm back home to watch either fight
    Maybe you can go round to Kell brooks house :S
    No need, I should be back home tomorrow, I was gunna call our Nige

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You don't half talk some rubbish sometimes, Fenster. I am sure many bought into the early Khan hype and wondered why they had paid extra to see him fight a journeyman after a ridiculously easy contest.

PPV is a privilege and thus should be no less than 2 elite fighters going at it. For a worker on minimum wage in the UK watching boxing legally is likely beyond reach for many. Whyte Chisora is not PPV worthy. It is a fun fight. But it is not a marquee event. Those early Khan fights were 50 times worse.

Maybe you have the money but a lot of people who buy into hype like PPV, Chrismas, gambling, etc cannot really afford it. It is a form of fleecing.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    After Brooks dubious win over Porter he went on a run of fighting piss poor fighters... Jo Jo Dan is one pathetic example.
    He was happy to tread water and keep his belt by taking easy fights.
    Just compare Khan and Brooks best wins, Khan wipes the floor with him for name scalps.
    Its not even close.
    Was thinking about that prior and didn't know much of Brook until coming over to fight Porter. But keeping to 147 comparison and relevant scalps faced, for both Porter and Spence win-loss they remain top dogs in the yard right now. And he's just positioned himself to face other top names in another division most recently. Boxing can be a 'what have you done for me lately' gig. Khan can hang his hat on Collazo and Alexander who already lost to the same Porter but he wasted just as much time squealing for a Mayweather fantasy as he did doing relevant work.

Thread Information